BFP Unexpected

EllissMummy

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am 31 and a SAHM to 2 wonderful boys of nearly 5 and 2 and a half and have just had the shock of my life! AF was due yesterday and didn't come which made me suspicious. So checked my boobs and yes they leak if squeezed!!! So I took a test and I'm pregnant!

In complete shock right now, I'm scared. I'm a planner and this has been taken out of my hands. Our house isn't big enough for another baby/child and I wanted some more time with my boys.

Sorry if I sound ungrateful it's just I hate this kind of surprise! :cry:

I'm sure I'll be fine

Same here - r u me actually?! I have five and 2 year old boys and just found out yesterday as well. We were using natural method to try and prevent a baba as we could not fit anything else in our house, never mind another baba. But, I am surprisingly excited!!

I just hunk everything will work ok, it always does. It has to ha. How have u been feeling? Do you know how far along u r x

I think I'm 4 weeks and 2 days. I wouldn't have known, I feel fine apart from now I feel sick because of nerves.

We always use condoms but used the withdrawal method once on our anniversary on 12th June and that is obviously when this happened. I would like to be excited just very nervous and a little scared. My husband is being very supportive which helps.

I couldn't believe people could have accidents and now look at me lol.

Congratulations by the way, and yes we should feel blessed. This is obviously meant to be for us both.

How far along are you?

Congrats ! I'm in same boat. Have a 3 year old and 1.5 year old boys and a springer in a 2 bedroom house (nervous laugh) :haha: happy and healthy 9m to everyone xxx

Thia as me a few months ago xxx except i have three boys and one was only 4 months old :dohh: I was tracking ov we only dtd once 8 days before ov ( don't think its even possible) but here i am... panicking most of the time, dreading where everyone will fit :( Feeling guilty for not being so excited like i have always been with all the boys, this is my first surprise and i am also a planner, down to days and hours....

We will all be fine girls, i hope.

Yes definitely we will b fine! Haha, we have to be.... I am 4weeks today. I am pretty sure I felt the implantation cramps! Yes we used the pull out method and I remember saying to hubby that it was a but close to ov. I'll blame him lol.

Do u have any preference to what u r having? I would b complete if it was a pink one, but actually don't mind either way. My boys play so well together so wouldn't mind throwing another blue one into the mix.

I have worked my due date out to be 12th March and Chinese gender prediction is a girl. Just total madness how life plan is changed haha. I hope u girls are all ok cxx

Yes definitely we will b fine! Haha, we have to be.... I am 4weeks today. I am pretty sure I felt the implantation cramps! Yes we used the pull out method and I remember saying to hubby that it was a but close to ov. I'll blame him lol.

Do u have any preference to what u r having? I would b complete if it was a pink one, but actually don't mind either way. My boys play so well together so wouldn't mind throwing another blue one into the mix.

I have worked my due date out to be 12th March and Chinese gender prediction is a girl. Just total madness how life plan is changed haha. I hope u girls are all ok cxx

I do have a preference this time, i would like a girl as Andrew will still be so little i feel bad for him not having all the mummy time i would have liked, plus he was supposed to be my baby boy and i will feel like shit if that is snatched.... So yes, but not particularly because i want a girl xxxxxx

We still cannot believe it. We also would like a little girl but are very happy for just a healthy baby be it pink or blue. Im starting to look forward to it all now ☺️

I do have a preference this time, i would like a girl as Andrew will still be so little i feel bad for him not having all the mummy time i would have liked, plus he was supposed to be my baby boy and i will feel like shit if that is snatched.... So yes, but not particularly because i want a girl xxxxxx

I understand what you mean but I'm sure your little boy will be happy and you will have plenty on fm time with him before new baby arrives. Hugs and let's hope we all get girls 😊

Aw yes, he will surprise u! I have 2 little boys an I remember bringing the baby home an my eldest was so excited an when anyone else to visit he was like look at the baby! All excited. 2 minutes later he was like look at my new train! He wasn't phased much. I am the youngest out of my family so I don't remember any new babies coming after me but my hubby said he doesn't really remember a baby coming an changing everything. He said they were just there one day, so kids don't always remember or get affected by them.

I remember reading try not to tell ur children that they r going to have a new brother or sister to play with as they will b expecting to play with them when they come home. I thought that was good advice(?)

Aawww I am getting excited too, got a big smile on my face thinking how brill and cute it will b again. And I am going to block out all the stupid worrying thoughts!!!! Going to stay positive and enjoy this pregnancy because last 2 were quite sad times.

Oh god labour again!!! Aarrgghh ha x

Yay other girls like me!! I have a 5 yo boy and 2 yo girl, and we were always on the fence about a 3rd. Used to really want but lately seems like i'm always exhausted and didn't know if i could handle another one. Was just about to decide on "no" when boom, there was my BFP! Funny how life throws a wrench in your plans. We have no idea where we'll put this little one either, small house.

I can't figure out what my preference is gender-wise. Part of me wants another boy so my guilt about making my daughter the "middle child" will ensure she's at least the only girl. But then I know how much she'd enjoy having a little sister. Ah well, what can you do?

I could have written your post back in January. I know that feeling of shock, disappointment and feeling like I was totally thrown off my feet. I am sorry you are feeling out of sorts :hugs: I promise it does get better though. Now that I am in my third trimester I almost feel like this baby was planned and both DH and I have totally embraced it because, let's be honest, there's no choice!

You will figure it out all in good time. Our house is tiny but we're going to make it work. Selling my car is still not something I am happy about nor is buying a van (yuck!) but that's our new reality and only choice. You will be ok:hugs:

Yay other girls like me!! I have a 5 yo boy and 2 yo girl, and we were always on the fence about a 3rd. Used to really want but lately seems like i'm always exhausted and didn't know if i could handle another one. Was just about to decide on "no" when boom, there was my BFP! Funny how life throws a wrench in your plans. We have no idea where we'll put this little one either, small house.

I can't figure out what my preference is gender-wise. Part of me wants another boy so my guilt about making my daughter the "middle child" will ensure she's at least the only girl. But then I know how much she'd enjoy having a little sister. Ah well, what can you do?

lol this sounds a bit like me, we were still unsure and now decision has been made for us! 😆

Someone once said to me that you'll know when you're done!

Ladies how have your previous pregnancies and labours been?

My first was conceived on 2nd cycle after chemical and was a much wanted pregnancy and apart from nausea and normal aches and pain everything progressed perfect. I enjoyed the pregnancy. I went into labour on due date and baby was born at 8.16am after 4 hours active labour.
Second baby was 'oh let's see what happens' just the once and I fell pregnant. I was devastated that they gave me 29th December as due date and resented baby for making me feel sick and tired all the time. I had a good pregnancy physically but emotionally I couldn't bond and was worried about my little boy and how he would be with a new baby. Baby was 8 days overdue and after a sweep he finally arrived after 2 hours active labour. I loved him instantly and all was forgiven lol.
Now this time I really don't know what to expect! We are going to find out the sex this time as last 2 were a surprise. This excites me a little as not waiting 9 months to find out ☺️
Also house extension plans are starting immediately as need more space. We only move in this February and plan on doubling the house if we can get planning....

My first was conceived on 2nd cycle after chemical and was a much wanted pregnancy and apart from nausea and normal aches and pain everything progressed perfect. I enjoyed the pregnancy. I went into labour on due date and baby was born at 8.16am after 4 hours active labour.
Second baby was 'oh let's see what happens' just the once and I fell pregnant. I was devastated that they gave me 29th December as due date and resented baby for making me feel sick and tired all the time. I had a good pregnancy physically but emotionally I couldn't bond and was worried about my little boy and how he would be with a new baby. Baby was 8 days overdue and after a sweep he finally arrived after 2 hours active labour. I loved him instantly and all was forgiven lol.
Now this time I really don't know what to expect! We are going to find out the sex this time as last 2 were a surprise. This excites me a little as not waiting 9 months to find out ☺️
Also house extension plans are starting immediately as need more space. We only move in this February and plan on doubling the house if we can get planning....

This has been my hardest pregnancy. Dealing with all sorts of things I didn't have with my first two. Insomnia in my first tri, morning sickness came back in second tri (never happened before), and now an unrelenting tiredness that won't lift. I know every pregnancy is different and they say gender doesn't play into it but I am having a girl this time and wonder if my hormones are different this time :shrug: That, or I'm just getting old!

This has been my hardest pregnancy. Dealing with all sorts of things I didn't have with my first two. Insomnia in my first tri, morning sickness came back in second tri (never happened before), and now an unrelenting tiredness that won't lift. I know every pregnancy is different and they say gender doesn't play into it but I am having a girl this time and wonder if my hormones are different this time :shrug: That, or I'm just getting old!

Wow this is my fear! Are you excited about expecting a girl? I'm unsure about how I would feel as I think I'm a boys mummy lol

Wow this is my fear! Are you excited about expecting a girl? I'm unsure about how I would feel as I think I'm a boys mummy lol

I am truly happy to have the opportunity to raise a girl but in all honesty always assumed I'd be a mother of boys so it's thrown me off iykwim? I think raising boys is familiar to me and I never, in a million years, expected to be pregnant for a third time so it's been quite the surprise.

Paris I can see where you are coming from. I keep forgetting I'm pregnant and then I'm like, oh s*** we are having another baby! We have a holiday booked for next May, we need to add baby to the booming but will wait till at least 12 weeks. All our plans for the next couple of years are having to be changed. Luckily I have just got a bigger car 😂

Awe, I know it's a big change. Totally felt like you from the beginning and very often say that this has set us back by a couple years. I was just starting to think about going back to work, and consider a fun holiday with our kids....now all of those things will be on the back burner for quite some time. C'est la vie!

lol this sounds a bit like me, we were still unsure and now decision has been made for us! 😆

Someone once said to me that you'll know when you're done!

This is what I've been struggling with!! That and people always say "you never regret having another child, but you might regret NOT having another child". I just couldn't land one way or the other. Was really feeling overwhelmed with my two, and well, now it'll be just mass chaos. But it took us a few months to conceive both my kids, and this was a one-shot deal, it almost seemed like it was meant to be and all part of the plan. The universe took the decision-making away from us! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->