Big Boobs & BF

AngieBaby

Proud mummy of Sarah Mae
Reaction score
Have any of you heard if having big (& saggy :cry:) boobs stops you BF?

I went to a BF class last week and they went on and on about the importance of good positioning & latching on but all the pics they showed us (& the ones in the pregnancy mags) had women with pert breasts - mine aren't like that so I'd have to hold the breast while feeding! Anyone any views??

Hi hun, Ive got big boobs (40G) and you will probably find when your milk kicks in you will have nice perk boobs too :) mine were great after i'd given birth and i got them out any opportunity I got lol! just a shame they went back to normal when my milk dried up :cry: xxx

I cant mine are 42 ff and I feel like i am juggerling babys head and keepin baby latched on with stoppin baby from suffercatin :( so expresed from 3 days until 7 months ....I plan on expressin this time too :hugs:

I shouldnt matter how big the boobs are u should still be able to bf. I mean if there mmaaassiiiveee you will need to be careful u dont suffocate the baby but even people with small boobs can bf so I shouldnt see it being an issue x

Size can work for or against you but shouldnt stop you from being successful. :D

I am medium/big (36D normally and 36F when nursing) and I manage perfectly. I think my bigger boobs help in certain positions actually!! Laying down in particular - great foe getting extra naps!! :lol:

Hi hun, Ive got big boobs (40G) and you will probably find when your milk kicks in you will have nice perk boobs too :) mine were great after i'd given birth and i got them out any opportunity I got lol! just a shame they went back to normal when my milk dried up :cry: xxx

:happydance: I hope so. Mine at the moment are 40DD so if they increase by another 2 cup sizes they'll be the size of yours. I worry about the suffocating thing that some of the othr girls have mentioned, although I think it will be OK when I'm lying down to feed.

I have a big fear of the first time they put LO on my chest and I can't feed him/her as my boobs are too droopy - what a thing to worry about for a first pregnancy eh??

Mine are a 50G at the mo and were bigger when i was breastfeeding my son, all mw said is that i had to support him with one hand/arm and hold my boob back with other so it didn't plug his nose and suffocate him.
I did have problems breastfeeding BUT they were nothing to do with my boob size!

Good Luck Chick xxx

Hi I'm a 34F at the moment and BF. I've found that to make sure she can breathe I have to just place my finger above my nipple to hold the top of my breast from covering her nose. Apart from that everything is ok! I've found it easier to lie her on a pillow to feed as well instead of holding her in my arm - there is more room for my breast (as they are certainly not pert like the BF pictures!!)
xxx

Sweet jumping jelly fish!!! Talk about BIG BOOBS ladies. I'm insanely jealous and often wonder if I'll be able to BF cause I'm only a B38. (Was A36 prior to pregnancy).

Although, hubby makes jokes cause my nipples are so freaking huge - that I might choke the baby with them. LOL!!!

You shouldn't actually be able to suffocate baby through BFing as their nose is flared at the sides, allowing them to breath. Also, they would drop the latch if they couldn't breathe.

I was worried about breastfeeding due to the size of my boobs - was a 32F before getting pregnant and got measured for a nursing bra last week and expect to go up to a 34H - crikey!!! I'm only a size 10 normally too, I'll look like dolly parton!! :rofl:

They usually adivse you to hold baby under your arm if youve got bigger boobs so you wont ''suffocate'' them lol and it's easier to get baby on.

As for droopy boobs, what about all these tribe women with boobs down to the waists with kids latched on?

im a 36k/L and i BF til my milk dried up....

Im 38G, and it's fine. I just have to hold my breast back a little.

Thanks a lot girls - good advice as always. I'll try and stop worrying so much!

Mine are big like 40 FF and when I had my first I was shown how to breastfeed in a different position with her lying by the side of me. So if I was sitting on the settee she'd be facing the back of it, (don't know if you know what I mean) I fed this way really easily as the other was used to squash her. I could just prop her on a pillow so both hands were free.

I was a 34/36 HH by the time i had my ds and fed him for 13 mths!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->