'Big' girls support thread!

I would like to join. I wear US size 20, and this is my first pregnancy.
Hiya!!
iv posted on one of your threads already, so your definately welcome in this one :winkwink:

Yes you did and thanks for welcoming me. I cant wait to get fatter and not see my toes. I took pictures of my belly last night and Im going to do so every two weeks to see the gradual changes throughout my pregnancy :happydance:

i keep thinking i should take pictures of my belly, but at the moment its just flab, i think i will start next saturday when im 6 weeks :flower:

Mines was just flab but hopefully soon we will see the flab transform into hard baby flab :winkwink:

I'm so glad that this thread was started. I posted on a previous thread about being overweight. I was in a size 20 us, and now I have to wear at least a 22, and Jeans are very uncomfortable. Befre I got pregnant members of my family told me that as long as I was overweight it was unlikely I would get pregnant. It's hard to struggle with weight and I have struggled with it for as long as I can remember. I have actually lost at least 11 pounds with this pregnancy, but the baby bump is continuing to grow. I am almost sure that tomorrow I will be 13 weeks along. I had a normal period in July, and ovulated (maybe twice) after my period. I was sure that I wouldn't show till at least four months along, but look at least that far along now. I have been feeling miserable for months now and spotting for at least 2 and a half days every month. The blood was scary to say the least, but it hasn't led to a period for the last two months and I don't even feel like it is going to start this month either. I've been feeling flutters since 10 weeks as well and felt movement the whole time I spotted this time. I am feeling it on both sides. Twins run in both sides of my family, and I am actually hoping to have a set of them. I am 35 and don't want to risk any health problems for my children. It took me over ten years to find the love of my life and by then I was 33. Anyone else over and above 35 worried about having children? Thanks again for starting this post. It seems like all you hear about are the average size women who get pregnant.

I'm so glad that this thread was started. I posted on a previous thread about being overweight. I was in a size 20 us, and now I have to wear at least a 22, and Jeans are very uncomfortable. Befre I got pregnant members of my family told me that as long as I was overweight it was unlikely I would get pregnant. It's hard to struggle with weight and I have struggled with it for as long as I can remember. I have actually lost at least 11 pounds with this pregnancy, but the baby bump is continuing to grow. I am almost sure that tomorrow I will be 13 weeks along. I had a normal period in July, and ovulated (maybe twice) after my period. I was sure that I wouldn't show till at least four months along, but look at least that far along now. I have been feeling miserable for months now and spotting for at least 2 and a half days every month. The blood was scary to say the least, but it hasn't led to a period for the last two months and I don't even feel like it is going to start this month either. I've been feeling flutters since 10 weeks as well and felt movement the whole time I spotted this time. I am feeling it on both sides. Twins run in both sides of my family, and I am actually hoping to have a set of them. I am 35 and don't want to risk any health problems for my children. It took me over ten years to find the love of my life and by then I was 33. Anyone else over and above 35 worried about having children? Thanks again for starting this post. It seems like all you hear about are the average size women who get pregnant.

welcome hun :hugs:
wow twins!! how exciting, yoiull have to let us know!

YAY its great this thread was opened. Thank you SoonToBeMum!

I have seen some threads for plus size people but mainly when i look its people size like 16, which to me is not plus size! id so love to be that lol.

Glad to see theres more of us worrie warts here :D

I want to join too!! Im anywhere from a size 20 to a 26 UK size and currently 9 weeks pg with our first :) xx

see right now I'm just jealous that you ladies are JUST pregnant :| I'm so ready to be done being pregnant!!! I'm going to enjoy sleeping on my tummy again lol

there is a lovely thread in the section called any big mommas out there?

its a fab thread with lots of ladies who post there, ranging from a size 16 in size to a size 32+

there have been scan and bump piccies posted and we all share stories :) bigbetty who started the post is a fab listener :)

nice to see that us bigger mummy to be are all here supporting each other :)

xxxx

see right now I'm just jealous that you ladies are JUST pregnant :| I'm so ready to be done being pregnant!!! I'm going to enjoy sleeping on my tummy again lol

OMG I'm dreading not being able to sleep on my tummy :wacko: I can't sleep anyother way!

I love the big girl threads... makes me feel less alone :hugs:

I have started sleeping on my side so I can get used to it. Im a wild sleeper and it would not surprise me if I rolled on my belly later in my pregnancy :wacko:
We are gonna have some beautiful baby bumps I cant wait for the pictures :happydance:

I have started sleeping on my side so I can get used to it. Im a wild sleeper and it would not surprise me if I rolled on my belly later in my pregnancy :wacko:
We are gonna have some beautiful baby bumps I cant wait for the pictures :happydance:

You THINK you'll accidently roll over... it takes a freakin crane almost to roll me over now days!

just had to butt in im a size 24 uk but i found next 22 maternity jeans too big i was so impressed to be in a 20. anyway i have to second the fact that there is no way you will roll over onto your front i also need a crane! i have found sleeping with a bolster pillow helps

The worst part is that I sleep better withOUT my OH lol poor husband

I toss and turn at night usually and normally sleep on my side anyway. The bathroom is getting in the way of my sleep at the moment. I go at least twice every night and sometimes four or five depending on how much water I have drank. Anyone else have this problem? The nausia is horrible, and when I eat it always comes mostly out one way or another and makes me feel sick and pukey. I wanted to lose weight but not this way. I lost over forty pounds before my wedding, but got comfortable and gained it all back afterwards. I'm trying to eat enough for the baby but very little stays in. My ankles are already swelling too. There is a lot of stress at the moment. we have to be out of the house we are renting by the end of October and its proving hard to find a place to live. The fact that it is possibly twins is a little overwhelming too. I'm afraid to do too much or to be too stressed out. Has anyone been limited on what they can do from their doctor? To make matters worse I am one of those women who find it hard to prove I am pregnant by urine, and I can't afford to go to the doctor to find out by blood test. I'm going to compromise and go to the health department for a papsmear so they will discover it that way. I know I am pregnant for a fact. I have hardly any waist line left and the lines on my belly keep getting darker, plus the movement and a stethascope picked up two heartbeats down there. It's just frustrating that I am having a hard time proving it. My mom won't believe me without proof and I so want to share it with her. She has basically said that I might be going through the change since I have only had spotting for the last few months. This is my first pregnancy and its hard not to tell everyone, but I know they will ask if I have went to the doctor. I don't have to go to the doctor to know though. I know when somethings different with my body and it is totally different now. Why do people doubt that we know our own bodies? Sorry to vent. It's just hard to keep it all inside sometimes. I know that stress is not good for me right now, but its hard not to feel it. I'm so scared that we won't find a place to live and I have possibly two little ones to consider. I'll stop now. Thanks for letting me get some of it out.

Like I said I'm a 24/26 and next maternity jeans size 22 fit me... I was so happy lol how sad! :haha:

LOL I never thought about how hard it will be to maneuver once I get my bump. I guess its reassuring knowing that I cant hurt the baby unconsciously.

I toss and turn at night usually and normally sleep on my side anyway. The bathroom is getting in the way of my sleep at the moment. I go at least twice every night and sometimes four or five depending on how much water I have drank. Anyone else have this problem? The nausia is horrible, and when I eat it always comes mostly out one way or another and makes me feel sick and pukey. I wanted to lose weight but not this way. I lost over forty pounds before my wedding, but got comfortable and gained it all back afterwards. I'm trying to eat enough for the baby but very little stays in. My ankles are already swelling too. There is a lot of stress at the moment. we have to be out of the house we are renting by the end of October and its proving hard to find a place to live. The fact that it is possibly twins is a little overwhelming too. I'm afraid to do too much or to be too stressed out. Has anyone been limited on what they can do from their doctor? To make matters worse I am one of those women who find it hard to prove I am pregnant by urine, and I can't afford to go to the doctor to find out by blood test. I'm going to compromise and go to the health department for a papsmear so they will discover it that way. I know I am pregnant for a fact. I have hardly any waist line left and the lines on my belly keep getting darker, plus the movement and a stethascope picked up two heartbeats down there. It's just frustrating that I am having a hard time proving it. My mom won't believe me without proof and I so want to share it with her. She has basically said that I might be going through the change since I have only had spotting for the last few months. This is my first pregnancy and its hard not to tell everyone, but I know they will ask if I have went to the doctor. I don't have to go to the doctor to know though. I know when somethings different with my body and it is totally different now. Why do people doubt that we know our own bodies? Sorry to vent. It's just hard to keep it all inside sometimes. I know that stress is not good for me right now, but its hard not to feel it. I'm so scared that we won't find a place to live and I have possibly two little ones to consider. I'll stop now. Thanks for letting me get some of it out.

Let it out, vent all you need we are here to listen and to "try" to help. Im a first time mom so im not too knowledgeable about pregnancy, but I do know that the health department will not turn you away if you ask for any test/ultrasound. They will just bill you. Once you find out your pregnant they will help you get medicare/medicaid (which will take care of any bills associated with your pregnancy). You should ask about pregnancy support groups in you area also. Im a social work major and these programs help take alot of stress off of pregnant women. :flower:

I have a question...

Have any of you got a doppler? and have you found the hb?... I have the angelsounds one and can't pick it up, I think it's cause I'm too fat lol I dunno :shrug:

gemme i have the angelsounds doppler and i couldnt pick up the babys heartbeat until i was 21 weeks.

before that i was jus picking up my own heartbeat lol, even tho it was way down low it was still my heartbeat.

older mother,

i started this pregnancy out with non ID twins, found out at 10 weeks we were expecting twins. my symptoms for early pregnancy was extreme fatigue, extreme vomiting and nausea, numerous trips to the bathroom and generally jus feeling bleh!!

they dnt expect tho to hear the heartbeats using a stethoscope until about 16 weeks, most midwives where i live wnt even attempt to listen for a fetal heartbeat until 20 weeks due to confusion over whos heartbeat and also how difficult a heartbeat can be to find at an early stage.

unfortunately i lost my little alfie at 18 weeks, and grace is doing really well.

i wish all u ladies a happy and healthy pregnancy and keep us all informed xxx

thanks for the response. I am not going for an ultrasound or anything like that. I'm just going to have a papsmear that will show that I am pregnant. (closed cervix) I am just going to tell them that I want my yearly papsmear and not mention the pregnancy. If they are looking they will see the changes and maybe suggest it. My cousin by marriage's son and his girlfriend found out by papsmear that she was pregnant and she delivered a few months later and didn't even know she was pregnant. I'm going to try the urine test again soon. I better go. My husband is dropping me off at church on his way to work this morning and he has to be at work at nine. Have a good day ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->