'Big' girls support thread!

i had NO symptoms up until 3 days ago,
& i work in a bakery, but yesterday i had to restock all the drinks which meant lifting all the crates, and then today they had me pulling out all the fridges and freezers and sweeping and mopping behind, and there fridges and freezers are soo heavy! i think im going to have to tell someone soon, because i dont want them to think im just trying to skive off certain jobs because 'i cant be bothered' y'know? :dohh:

My symptoms come and go. They're at there worst when I'm at home!

Oh yes you need to tell your boss soon, that's a lot of work! Also I know what you mean about your colleagues thinking you're skiving off, you'll be paranoid about them thinking you're being lazy haha.

Mmm I'd love to work in a bakery - I worked in a fish and chip shop when I was 15 and got freebies all the time - the weight piled on then...I can only imagine how much I'd put on working in a bakery lol! At least you have a fresh supply if you get any cake cravings :D

x

i had NO symptoms up until 3 days ago,
& i work in a bakery, but yesterday i had to restock all the drinks which meant lifting all the crates, and then today they had me pulling out all the fridges and freezers and sweeping and mopping behind, and there fridges and freezers are soo heavy! i think im going to have to tell someone soon, because i dont want them to think im just trying to skive off certain jobs because 'i cant be bothered' y'know? :dohh:

My symptoms come and go. They're at there worst when I'm at home!

Oh yes you need to tell your boss soon, that's a lot of work! Also I know what you mean about your colleagues thinking you're skiving off, you'll be paranoid about them thinking you're being lazy haha.

Mmm I'd love to work in a bakery - I worked in a fish and chip shop when I was 15 and got freebies all the time - the weight piled on then...I can only imagine how much I'd put on working in a bakery lol! At least you have a fresh supply if you get any cake cravings :D

x

funnily enough, the only things i actually eat from work are the bacon rolls that we do in the mornings and the occasional chicken pasty, im not too fussed about the cake side of things :winkwink:

I seriously would die if I worked in a bakery! I LOVE BREAD! I'm actually a carbatarian lol. I gain weight just looking at bakerys :| That and I have gestational Diabetes... which I hope NONE of you ladies get at all because its horrible!! I don't know if its connected to my weight but I know its more likely in heavier people! I'm still wearing my jeans :| Most of the jeans i had were stretchy and i'd just lost some weight before I got pregnant so I was having to wear a belt with them anyway.... now I just roll them down to under my belly and throw a belly band on! Its not perfect but it works... If I could go back I would haev bought maternity jeans... but now its so close to being time that it doesn't seem worth it! I don't wear much of anything when I'm home though lol I have some comfy sweat pants that are like a mens 3x... and they are SO COMFY! You ladies that were wishing for symptoms.... I was there once.. I found out I was pregnant because my boobs hurt... but other then that nothing untill like 7 weeks... then all I did was puke for 3 months :| that was horrible!

I'm unfortunately not one of those women who have a easy time proving it. I know I am pregnant, but the urine is not showing it yet. Some women don't have a possitive urine test the whole pregnancy, and still have healthy babies. It would be so much easier if the urine would prove it. I don't think that I could possibly be over 13 weeks pregnant either. I had a normal (at least more normal) period in July but have not had one since then, just some spotting three or four days before my period would come. My tempature was elevated two weeks at the end of July, the week before I was due to ovulate and the week I was supposed to ovulate. That's why I think it could possibly be twins, one of them is just a week younger. At first I felt movement on just one side, but now its on both sides, and gets stronger every day. I thought when I finally got pregnant that everything would be normal for me and now its not and that is frustrating. I waited for over ten years for my husband to come along, and that's why I am having children so late. I could have found someone and gotten married just to have kids but that isn't the way God wanted it to be for me. My body keeps changing daily and the only way to confirm a pregnancy is to go get a papsmear because it is free. I just wish they would believe in me the way I always believe in them. They act like I don't know my own body and notice when things start to change inside and outside of me. I can't even wear most of my clothes because they are too tight. My clevage has never been this bold and I have to be careful what shirts I wear now. I have even lost over 11 pounds but the belly continues to grow and gets harder to hide. So many changes and it seems like no one has noticed them but me, my husband and a few close family members that doesn't even include my mother and sister. Just when I really need them they aren't here for me. Thanks for letting me vent again. All of this is hard for me to deal with. I hate to struggle for everything I have.

do you not have any free hospitals or clinics as i think you must be much further on to be having so much movement and you should be thinking about having a scan. do you not get any help from the govenment thats not fair

I have to prove I am pregnant before I can get a medical card, and blood test cost money unfortunately. It is basically proving itself but I cannot get the ones I want support from to even believe that. I've read other threads where those pregnant with multiples do feel movement sooner and the symptoms are more severe. I actually thought I was pregnant several months ago but a blood test proved it was not true. My uturus is large and bulky, but there was nothing else wrong with me. We are in financial trouble at the moment so I don't have the option of spending money to find out. It's hard to go from paycheck to paycheck with very little money left over. I would work if I knew how to drive but at this point I have to depend on his schedule with any job. We sale avon but that doesn't bring in a lot of money yet. It would be hard with my sickness to work anyway. I've tried to find something online but that search has proved to be harder than I thought it would be.

The movement is like flutters, and it reacts to the vibration of noises around me. There haven't been any kicks yet just a lot of flutters.

The movement is like flutters, and it reacts to the vibration of noises around me. There haven't been any kicks yet just a lot of flutters.

I'm confused, have you had a scan to confirm twins? If so then surely that's proof enough that you're pregnant, with or without a positive HPT? You really need to see your doctor asap if you're already feeling movements. With a single baby pregnancy you rarely feel flutters before 16 weeks so I don't think it'd be very much earlier with twins as they still have to be big enough to feel.

Hope you manage to see someone soon x

like i said earlier i started this pregnancy with non ID twins and i didnt feel any flutters of any kind until about 16weeks, and even then it was only flutters,

so like the above poster has mentioned i think you would be much further along to be feeling distinctive movements of 2 babies, even at 18 weeks jus before i lost one of the twins i couldnt distinguish between there being one baby moving or two.

even now at 26 weeks i feel movements all over my belly, on both sides, and i know there is only one in there, i spent alot of time in the twin section on here at the beginning of my pregnancy and even the girls there have trouble distinguishing between the movement of one baby or both.

so i believe if u are pregnant hun u must be further along than you think, the whole temp thing, my twins were conceived 9 days apart and i had no idea until my 12 week scan.

also, i dn know if the same applies everywhere but my doctors surgery wnt perform a pap smear if u are or think u might be pregnant

xx

In the US is standard practice to get a pap within your first 3 months of being pregnant! My dr. says its fine! BUt I know in some places they don't at all :|

My movement is so weid now because her feet are right in front of her face and she can't move as much because shes so SQUISHED! Which I'm hoping is going to make her want to come out of there ASAP! But I can almost pinpoint exactly where her legs and hands are! Sometimes i just have a foot sticking out of my tummy lol (not that you can tell by looking its a foot... just looks like a lump)

Hello Ladies,
I had my first prenatal appointment today and everything is good minus low hemoglobin levels but nothing too serious. I haven't had any morning sickness yet unlike some of you lol :hugs: Hopefully it wont come to that and I get lucky (fingers crossed) One of my nurses who has a set of twins and two other kids never had morning sickness so she gave me a little inspiration. Anything new?

Ive had really bad MS since I reached 5 week, yesterday I bought some seabands and I have had the first day in a very long time, with no sickness or nausea!!! I dont know whether this is a coinsidence or the seabands, but something worked :D xx

Yay! I've heard good things about seabands! but weather its them or just you not being sick WHO CARES! Yay for not being sick! :D

Hi ladies,
It has been a good day. I haven't been home dwelling on my symptoms. It is always worse at home for me too. If I am occupied it isn't so bad. I almost wish I didn't have the morning sickness. It is easing up some now but I still have trouble with it. Let me clarify some things that were confusing you. I haven't had a scan yet but I have a feeling it may be twins. I am basically going on my instinct at the moment. There are also signs that it really could be, but it hasn't been confirmed yet. There is a reason that I was able to notice the movement early. I thought it was gas at first but when I told his cousin that I was feeling something in my belly she felt and told me it was flutters. She's been pregnant three times and knows the difference. Her first pregnancy was a success, but she lost twins and triplets the other times. If she hadn't pointed it out I would not have known it was movement till later on in my pregnancy like everyone else who is pregnant for the first time. She is one of the few people who have believed in me. My own family refuse to believe without proof. I could show them my changing body and that would be proof enough but they missed out on that by not believing me. I am going to schedule the papsmear tomorrow and then they will be able to confirm it that way hopefully. Has anyone got a false negative on the cheap dollar store tests? I think they might be faulty or I am doing it wrong somehow. They are the ones the health department uses to test for pregnancy too, I think. I am thinking about getting one of the more expensive brands and seeing what they say. Which one do you guys recommend that I get? Thanks for the most recent responses.

Do you all mind if I join you? I see that most of you if not all are already PG. We are not yet, but I am having my Merina removed next week so that we can start TTC. I have every faith in the world that it will happen right away! Lol! Anyway, a little about me.

My name is Brandy. I am 33yrs old and wear a size 22-26 US. I have type 2 Diabetes which I control with insulin. This puts me automatically in a "high risk" catagory with my pregnancy, but it is not as scary as it sounds. I had diabetes with my 4yr old son and had not a single complication. He was 8lbs 5ounces and perfect! Actually, the fact that I am immediately considered "High risk" is actually kinda neat, because I will get my delivery date at my first DR appointment! It is kinda cool getting to know the exact day your baby is coming! lol!

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Hi Ladies, Just wondering if anyone has had any luck at hearing a heartbeat with a doppler and if so at how many weeks did you pick it up? I was unsure if it would be worth me getting one as I didn't know if I would hear anything being a larger lady.
xxx

hiya girls, just a quick update from me, i will be on over the weekend for long chats,
i was violently ill not lastnight but the night before, projectile and everything, it was horrible, yesterday i had the tiniest bit of spotting, well im not sure if you could call it spotting, it was literally a tiny bit of pink tinge to my wee when i wiped, and nothing since, i have had shooting pains for the past hour or so in my left boob (the one that growing, leaving the right in the dust!) i have also discovered that i can pretty much make myself sick on command (not that i was trying to) but i gagged at the smell of bacon fat at work and just kept gagging until i puked, normally i can control it, but not now!!
im so tired and achey, but im not too sure if thats 'snappy' or a 39 hour week after a week off that is killing me :shrug:
im ringing up the drs on saturday to talk about getting an appt etc.. im getting naffed off with people seeing the doctor and they are earlier on than i am! (that wasnt aimed at anyone on here btw :blush:)
hope all my girls are okay! like i said, i will stop neglecting you when im off over the weekend :flower:

Hi ladies,
It has been a good day. I haven't been home dwelling on my symptoms. It is always worse at home for me too. If I am occupied it isn't so bad. I almost wish I didn't have the morning sickness. It is easing up some now but I still have trouble with it. Let me clarify some things that were confusing you. I haven't had a scan yet but I have a feeling it may be twins. I am basically going on my instinct at the moment. There are also signs that it really could be, but it hasn't been confirmed yet. There is a reason that I was able to notice the movement early. I thought it was gas at first but when I told his cousin that I was feeling something in my belly she felt and told me it was flutters. She's been pregnant three times and knows the difference. Her first pregnancy was a success, but she lost twins and triplets the other times. If she hadn't pointed it out I would not have known it was movement till later on in my pregnancy like everyone else who is pregnant for the first time. She is one of the few people who have believed in me. My own family refuse to believe without proof. I could show them my changing body and that would be proof enough but they missed out on that by not believing me. I am going to schedule the papsmear tomorrow and then they will be able to confirm it that way hopefully. Has anyone got a false negative on the cheap dollar store tests? I think they might be faulty or I am doing it wrong somehow. They are the ones the health department uses to test for pregnancy too, I think. I am thinking about getting one of the more expensive brands and seeing what they say. Which one do you guys recommend that I get? Thanks for the most recent responses.

Without sounding difficult im still confused hun :S,

u said in an earlier post you couldnt be more than 13 weeks pregnant and yet nobody else could feel baby move outside for me untill i was 22 weeks, even with the twins movement couldnt be felt outside, now i know everyone is different but it is very unlikely that she would be able to feel movement from the outside before 13 weeks of gestation :S

when i did the maternity section of my nurse training we were told that palpation of the abdomen to detect fetal movement isnt usually done before 20 weeks (depending on number of previous pregnancies and size of the mother to be etc.)

im jus very confused/concerned are you sure you couldnt be further along than you think?????

i kno HPT tests get lighter the further into pregnancy that you are, which may explain the false negatives :shrug:

but i hope u get some answers soon it is all very confusing xxx

Is it possible to have a normal period and be pregnant. I don't know how else to explain why my husband and Donna can feel the motion. I'm definitely feeling it myself. Maybe you guys cane help me figure out if I am farther along. In April I had a period that started on 11th the fifth day of being late and lasted three days. I think that might have been a miscarriage but not sure. In May it started the tenth only one day late and lasted a little over two days. In June I started the tenth four days late and it lasted a little over two days again. I also had a negative blood test on the fourteenth that month. I bled for three days in July starting on the 11th four days late again and it was heavy but not as heavy as usual and there were cramps along with it this time. The other times except April the blood was basically painless. In the last three months I have spotted about four days before I was due to start and no period appeared the first two months and I am five days past the time I would start this month with no sign of a period. Any Idea when I could have concieved sooner? Is it possible there were twins or more in June and I didn't know it and I lost one of them in July? It is possible that because I am overweight it would take a while to show. I could be 22 weeks along if I concieved in June. I welcome your opionions.

I think that you definiteyl need to see a DR with these concerns so that they can do a scan to see what is going on. The scan will let you know how far along you are and if there is more than one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->