'Big' girls support thread!

I toss and turn at night usually and normally sleep on my side anyway. The bathroom is getting in the way of my sleep at the moment. I go at least twice every night and sometimes four or five depending on how much water I have drank. Anyone else have this problem? The nausia is horrible, and when I eat it always comes mostly out one way or another and makes me feel sick and pukey. I wanted to lose weight but not this way. I lost over forty pounds before my wedding, but got comfortable and gained it all back afterwards. I'm trying to eat enough for the baby but very little stays in. My ankles are already swelling too. There is a lot of stress at the moment. we have to be out of the house we are renting by the end of October and its proving hard to find a place to live. The fact that it is possibly twins is a little overwhelming too. I'm afraid to do too much or to be too stressed out. Has anyone been limited on what they can do from their doctor? To make matters worse I am one of those women who find it hard to prove I am pregnant by urine, and I can't afford to go to the doctor to find out by blood test. I'm going to compromise and go to the health department for a papsmear so they will discover it that way. I know I am pregnant for a fact. I have hardly any waist line left and the lines on my belly keep getting darker, plus the movement and a stethascope picked up two heartbeats down there. It's just frustrating that I am having a hard time proving it. My mom won't believe me without proof and I so want to share it with her. She has basically said that I might be going through the change since I have only had spotting for the last few months. This is my first pregnancy and its hard not to tell everyone, but I know they will ask if I have went to the doctor. I don't have to go to the doctor to know though. I know when somethings different with my body and it is totally different now. Why do people doubt that we know our own bodies? Sorry to vent. It's just hard to keep it all inside sometimes. I know that stress is not good for me right now, but its hard not to feel it. I'm so scared that we won't find a place to live and I have possibly two little ones to consider. I'll stop now. Thanks for letting me get some of it out.

:hugs: we are all here for you hun, i feel your frustration, although my mum is being great about it i think she sort of doesnt believe me, even though she has seen the tests etc.. :flower:

there is a lovely thread in the section called any big mommas out there?

its a fab thread with lots of ladies who post there, ranging from a size 16 in size to a size 32+

there have been scan and bump piccies posted and we all share stories :) bigbetty who started the post is a fab listener :)

nice to see that us bigger mummy to be are all here supporting each other :)

xxxx

Aw thanks for that terrri!!!

Hello ladies - as terrri said I started a similar thread when I found out I was pregnant and I am still amazed at how much it has grown over the last 21 weeks! It's so nice to have support from people who know exactly what you are going through and have somewhere to vent, chat or just waffle lol!

I was a size 26 when I fell pregnant. I had been on the depo injection for 4 and a half years and it only took us 6 months to conceive! When we first started trying I was very good - gave up drinking, ate healthily etc - and nothing. As soon as I started being myself again it happened - I had even put a stone in weight on!!!

Up until about 21/22 weeks I suffered quite badly with morning sickness and that combined with not being able to eat very much means that I have lost about 2 and a half stones! Fortunately I am much better now and can eat more regularly, although still not very much at a time.

I can't believe how quickly the time has flown since I got my bfp - I've got less that 2 weeks til I move into 3rd tri and less than 4 weeks until I go on maternity leave!!!

I wish all of you the best, whether you are ttc, pregnant or a new mum. I will keep popping in to catch up and hope that you find the time to check out my thread and chat with the lovely ladies there.

Big momma's rock!!!! :happydance:

Hi, Just wondered if I could join your thread I'm a size 24 and I am 5 weeks pregnant with my first. I keep worrying about how being plus size will effect my pregnancy even though I know I shouldn't. It's so nice to be able to speak to people who are going through the same, I so can't wait until my jelly belly turns into a lovely bump. xxx

older mother- I was SUPER sick from about week 8-20 I was ooooookay in the mornings but got super sick by lunchime... so I wasn't eating much.. which was okay because I'd just had a 2 week vacation in March and had gained 10lbs lol so I lost all that weight again! I was miserable though!!! Don't worry about the baby getting enough food! My dr. (affectionatly) calls my baby a little parasite! The baby (or babies) will take what they need from you no matter what! You need to worry about taking your vitamins!!! Don't forget folic acid and calcium are super important! I've gained 10lbs (i really love saying that lol) and my dr. is really happy with my weight gain! When your bigger to start with you don't have to gain the recommended 20! I know this is the time where we are supposed to be able to gain away without regret but I was pregnant before and thats how I became a bigger woman!! I was sooooooo skinny and i gained 100 lbs with my first one! (I was 16 and she was put up for adoption... which is a story I'd tell you but its not really relevant right now!!) So with this one I have been terrified! I have seen 2 of my friends that were bigger go from bigger... to OH WOW BIGGER from pregnancy :| and while I'm certainly happy with myself at a size 20... I don't think I would be as happy if I gained another 100lbs :|

That being said... I don't want you ladies to think in any way that I would judge you or your weight gain! I think we are all beautiful!

Hi, Just wondered if I could join your thread I'm a size 24 and I am 5 weeks pregnant with my first. I keep worrying about how being plus size will effect my pregnancy even though I know I shouldn't. It's so nice to be able to speak to people who are going through the same, I so can't wait until my jelly belly turns into a lovely bump. xxx

welcome hun, you are not alone, i still havent had a booking in appt yet because im worried what the drs will say (although the girls on here have been very supportive and told me not to worry!) :flower:

Heyy im only young but im on the larger side aswell ive always had a big belly and now im 20 weeks pregnant im not sure whether when i go out people realise im pregnant or just big, another thing has anyone been around 20 weeks and been a size 18 and have not yet had movement? :( x

It took me awhile to have movement! I felt flutters... but nothing solid untill about 20 maybe more! but my placenta is anterior (sp?) so that makes it harder to feel movment!! I wouldn't worry if your docs say everything is fine!

well ladies, another day of searching with no luck. a little over three weeks left and still no solid prospects on a new place to live. Thanks for the responses. I can eat just fine but it either makes me constipated or have diariah, and when I am not lucky I end up puking. The fatigue is hard as well. I can sleep all night but by evening I am ready for a nap. I tried to tell my sister about the baby last night but without proof she wouldn't believe me. Told me not to get my hopes up. Like I don't know my own body. I don't even have a waistline anymore, and the movement is getting stronger. They think that they know me so well, but they really don't know me at all. I'm trying to be excited about my pregnancy, but its so hard with everything going on right now. I know that God is going to come through, but the waiting is so hard. With my mom and mother-in-law asking if we found a place yet every time we see them makes things so frustrating. Keep me in your prayers please. This is the most I have struggled in a long time. Thanks for listening.

I love the idea of this thread :D gonna have to have a proper look when I get home! xxx

Hiya,
Can I join too please? Uk size 24 pre pregnancy :flower:
Ceri

Hello lovely ladies! I just thought I'd pop in and wish you all lots of luck during your pregnancy.

As you will see, I have had my gorgeous little boy now, he is 2 months old (my God the time flies!).

I am/was a UK size 26 pre-pregnancy and BMI of I think 48 if I can remember rightly. I had a pretty straight forward pregnancy (a bit of SPD, but nothing too bad) and a natural delivery, with just Gas and Air. The delivery was hard going but that was just because my little boy was far too comfy inside and didn't wanna come out - nothing to do with my weight.

Anyway, I just wanted to say, if anyone has any questions or just wants to chat to someone who has been there then please feel free to PM me - I would say ask here but I can't guarantee I will be able to keep up with the thread, but I should get a chance to reply to PM's.

Lots and lots of luck with the rest of your pregnancies and don't let anyone tell you that things are going to be bad because of your weight - as you can see from my BMI, I am very overweight and had no complications resulting from my weight. xxx

thank you hunni, thats really good to know. Your little man is gorgeous :hugs:

Hi loves!

I'm so glad there's a "big girls" pregnancy thread :happydance:

I'm a size 20 top and 26 bottom (my nan says it's because of my "birthing hips" lol!). I just think it's the amount of crap I consume :winkwink:

I had a MMC in January but it had nothing to do with my weight - the doc said it was an unknown natural occurance.

Now I'm pregnant again :cloud9: I'm 8 weeks along, I had an early scan at 7+2 as I had some spotting but all was ok, baby's heart was beating away at 144bpm :kiss:

Hope you're all ok :hugs:

hiya girls,
sorry i havent been on for a few days, glad to see this thread is still alive!
everyone is welcome :flower:

well, i know i was wishing for symptoms, but now i want to swap mine, i get sickness as soon as i lay down, and im having very broken sleep, i was technically asleep for about 11 hours lastnight, but woke atleast once every hour! Iv also got major muscle cramps in my back and hips, which isnt helping at work, im thinking im going to have to tell work soon because i physically cannot do some of the heavy lifting involved without welling up in pain! oh and also, my jeans are becoming tight!! how on earth could this happen, im not even 6 weeks yet!!!! :wacko:

how is everyone else feeling?
:flower:

Hello lovely ladies! I just thought I'd pop in and wish you all lots of luck during your pregnancy.

As you will see, I have had my gorgeous little boy now, he is 2 months old (my God the time flies!).

I am/was a UK size 26 pre-pregnancy and BMI of I think 48 if I can remember rightly. I had a pretty straight forward pregnancy (a bit of SPD, but nothing too bad) and a natural delivery, with just Gas and Air. The delivery was hard going but that was just because my little boy was far too comfy inside and didn't wanna come out - nothing to do with my weight.

Anyway, I just wanted to say, if anyone has any questions or just wants to chat to someone who has been there then please feel free to PM me - I would say ask here but I can't guarantee I will be able to keep up with the thread, but I should get a chance to reply to PM's.

Lots and lots of luck with the rest of your pregnancies and don't let anyone tell you that things are going to be bad because of your weight - as you can see from my BMI, I am very overweight and had no complications resulting from my weight. xxx

thankyou soooo much for this, i was really worried that i wouldnt even be given the option of a natural birth! for some reason i believed the internet when it said that overweight people normally end up having csections :dohh:

hiya girls,

well, i know i was wishing for symptoms, but now i want to swap mine, i get sickness as soon as i lay down, and im having very broken sleep, i was technically asleep for about 11 hours lastnight, but woke atleast once every hour! Iv also got major muscle cramps in my back and hips, which isnt helping at work, im thinking im going to have to tell work soon because i physically cannot do some of the heavy lifting involved without welling up in pain! oh and also, my jeans are becoming tight!! how on earth could this happen, im not even 6 weeks yet!!!! :wacko:

Hahaha everyone regrets wishing for symptoms!! I've been feeling sick and sleepy and my boobs and back have been aching since 15DPO haha!

What job do you do? I work in care but luckily the residents I work with do not require heavy lifting so I'm trying to hold off telling my manager until 12 weeks.

Ooh by the way, if anyone is bored, I always welcome stalkers on my journal! :hugs:

I am much better today. Yesterday was not fun. Just about everything I ate didn't want to stay and had me in the bathroom alot. We struck out on our house hunt and that was frustrating. I was still irritated that my sister didn't believe me about the baby without proof. Just when I really want to include them they don't believe me. I am good so far today. I got to sleep through the night without a bathroom break. It's easing up thank goodness. I am still feeling the movement and that is a comfort to me. I noticed the difference in how my clothes fit early too. Jeans are pretty uncomfortable now and I try to wear something that stretches. It's hard trying to hide the pregnancy from my family and friends, especially when my belly seems to grow weekly. Well, I better go.

hiya girls,

Hahaha everyone regrets wishing for symptoms!! I've been feeling sick and sleepy and my boobs and back have been aching since 15DPO haha!

What job do you do? I work in care but luckily the residents I work with do not require heavy lifting so I'm trying to hold off telling my manager until 12 weeks.

Ooh by the way, if anyone is bored, I always welcome stalkers on my journal! :hugs:

i had NO symptoms up until 3 days ago,
& i work in a bakery, but yesterday i had to restock all the drinks which meant lifting all the crates, and then today they had me pulling out all the fridges and freezers and sweeping and mopping behind, and there fridges and freezers are soo heavy! i think im going to have to tell someone soon, because i dont want them to think im just trying to skive off certain jobs because 'i cant be bothered' y'know? :dohh:

I am much better today. Yesterday was not fun. Just about everything I ate didn't want to stay and had me in the bathroom alot. We struck out on our house hunt and that was frustrating. I was still irritated that my sister didn't believe me about the baby without proof. Just when I really want to include them they don't believe me. I am good so far today. I got to sleep through the night without a bathroom break. It's easing up thank goodness. I am still feeling the movement and that is a comfort to me. I noticed the difference in how my clothes fit early too. Jeans are pretty uncomfortable now and I try to wear something that stretches. It's hard trying to hide the pregnancy from my family and friends, especially when my belly seems to grow weekly. Well, I better go.

im glad your better today hun! i dont understand why they wont believe you?! cant you pee on a stick and shove that in her face, i would, on the other hand hun i really think you need to see a dr to have it all confirmed officially, if your feeling movements your quite far along, is there not anyone you can ask about help with payments etc..?
im thinking ill probably wear a pair of pyjama bottoms tomorrow, (they are plain black and dont really look like jarmie bottoms) but my jeans are just so uncomfortably :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->