• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'Big' girls support thread!

HI can I join you girls? I'm a size 22 with a BMI of 40! I have been so stressed about what the health care professionals would say, but my midwife was lovely. She came out yesterday and said she's not here to judge just to support. And she also said there is a lot worse things to be high risk for. Apart from a GTT and to see a consultant I won't need anything else, maybe growth scans if they have problems feeling the size of the baby. She said if I'd wanted a homebirth then they'd have supported me, but I don't as my daughter was an assisted delivery and it scares me if that was the case again then I wouldn't have the help on hand. The only thing worrying me is she said that they'll weigh me again at 28 weeks, i can feel myself panicking about that already!!!

older mother, i have read your story from the beginning and cannot believe that you still have not had it confirmed!

i agree your family should be more supportive of you, but like a previous poster has said your symptoms could be sign of something else, though i am hoping it really is a baby for you.

as for the upper bart of your bump being hard, i thought it was the bottom of the bump that hardened first as the uterus moves up out of the pelvis.

and as for feeling twins move earlier, again another myth i started this pregnancy with twins and didnt feel anything from them until about 18 weeks, but even then it was only slight movements

i hope u get some definate answers soon x

Hello ladies
I have been cramping continuously for the past week. No bleeding but im really worried that something is wrong. I cramp when i lie down while I am sitting and even when I move around trying to keep busy. I have gotten plenty of rest whats going on Any advice?

Jna- cramping sometimes is really normal!! I cramped alot in first tri! But I would talk to your doctor if your worried.

I'm cramping pretty bad now too! I'm so happy to have my baby!! But i was super disappointed to step on the scale and before giving birth I was at 255 and now I'm at 246... which doesn't make ANY sence to me because the baby alone was 7lbs12oz!!! I'm wondering if I'm retaining THAT much water because that happens apparently... but I really thought I was going to be under my starting weight (240) after I had the baby because I was so careful not to gain to much!!! I'm trying not to let it get me down though!

In other news... my baby is BEAUTIFUL! And I'm so happy to be a mom! but I'm exhausted! OH is such a good daddy too!! I hope everyone is doing well!!

Jna- cramping sometimes is really normal!! I cramped alot in first tri! But I would talk to your doctor if your worried.

I'm cramping pretty bad now too! I'm so happy to have my baby!! But i was super disappointed to step on the scale and before giving birth I was at 255 and now I'm at 246... which doesn't make ANY sence to me because the baby alone was 7lbs12oz!!! I'm wondering if I'm retaining THAT much water because that happens apparently... but I really thought I was going to be under my starting weight (240) after I had the baby because I was so careful not to gain to much!!! I'm trying not to let it get me down though!

In other news... my baby is BEAUTIFUL! And I'm so happy to be a mom! but I'm exhausted! OH is such a good daddy too!! I hope everyone is doing well!!

Congratulations
You have to post pictures of the baby :happydance:

As far as weight you just had a baby two days ago its too soon to be stressing about weight loss. Also did your breast grow during your pregnancy? Those girls rnt weightless and are producing milk :blush:

lol my boobs have grown since I got pregnant... but maybe ahalf a cupsize!! Waiting for my milk to come in still!!! I have pics in my parenting journal! Link in my sig!

Im totally mortified after my first OB appt (8 week) on Wed. We were a bit early for our appt but ended up sitting there for 2 hours seeing women go in and out and couldnt figure out why I wasn't being seen. The nurse finally called me back and told me that she was sorry but they were going to have to decline me as a patient due to my weight. I looked at my DH and said did she SERIOUSLY just say that. She told me that there was only one hospital that I could go to due to the L&D operating tables are smaller than a regular OR table. I called that hospital and was told they are not excepting new patients until December which would make me 16 weeks. I told the lady i would be almost halfway through my pregnancy what if something was wrong and she said if you feel something is wrong you need to just go to the ER. :dohh:
LUCKILY i have a girlfriend who works for another local hospital and she went down and talked to the main OB and they excepted me as a patient weight and all. I have another "first" appt next week. At this point not only do I feel like a circus freak Im more terrified than ever now due to this horrible doctors office. Has anyone else had any problems like this?

PS. Sorry this is so jumbled and rant like. My mind is going a million miles an hour

Im totally mortified after my first OB appt (8 week) on Wed. We were a bit early for our appt but ended up sitting there for 2 hours seeing women go in and out and couldnt figure out why I wasn't being seen. The nurse finally called me back and told me that she was sorry but they were going to have to decline me as a patient due to my weight. I looked at my DH and said did she SERIOUSLY just say that. She told me that there was only one hospital that I could go to due to the L&D operating tables are smaller than a regular OR table. I called that hospital and was told they are not excepting new patients until December which would make me 16 weeks. I told the lady i would be almost halfway through my pregnancy what if something was wrong and she said if you feel something is wrong you need to just go to the ER. :dohh:
LUCKILY i have a girlfriend who works for another local hospital and she went down and talked to the main OB and they excepted me as a patient weight and all. I have another "first" appt next week. At this point not only do I feel like a circus freak Im more terrified than ever now due to this horrible doctors office. Has anyone else had any problems like this?

PS. Sorry this is so jumbled and rant like. My mind is going a million miles an hour

Oh MY GOD! They did NOT really say that did they!?!?!?!? I would be so pissed! I don't understand why they would be like that! I mean your not THAT BIG! I'm ss you had to go through that!!! :hugs:

Yeah she was a total B about it too. I told her I was sent there becuase they are suppose to be a size friendly OB and she said well we are to an extent but not your extent. I am 5'9 and around 375ish so i am a big girl but they seriously made me feel like I was 1000 lbs. My husband tried to call the local news station but I told him I didn't want more humiliation

I don't know about news... but I would totally call her superiors and make a formal complaint!!! That is way rude!

oh hun that is soo horrible for someone to say that! i would have kicked of big time, chances are you arent the first to be turnt away aswell, can you report it to anyone? :hugs:

little update from me, i had my first drs appt on wednesday, and she was lovely, they weighed me and then she was like 'oh, have you put weight on recently?' and i said no, but she was telling me i had been weighed about 3 months ago, which i hadnt, so im not too impressed because they have info down for me which isnt actually about me :growlmad:
but anyway, i have my first midwife on thursday the 4th of Nov, so im looking forward to that, i will be kicking up a fuss though because the dr told me i HAVE to give birth in watford hosp..which is not happening, my mum has looked at some reviews of watford and none of them are positive, one lady even says she rang up in labour to go in and they said they didnt have room for her so she would have to wait for a bed to be freed up, she ended up having her baby at home delivered by her husband with the paramedic that lived nextdoor as a second helping hand.

im feeling more positive now, im 8 weeks tomorrow, im just worrying now incase i go for a scan and there is no heartbeat, i havent had any cramping or bleeding though, so i guess that is a good sign.

how is everyone else? :flower:

i'm 20st in size 24 trousers and this is my 4th pregnancy... i am alittle worried but i am glad im not the only one thats big

welcome hun!
we are all in the same boat here, its brings me hope though that there are loads of larger ladies out there who are mums :thumbup:

I don't know why they tell bigger women they can't get pregnant!!!! I know that its supposed to make it harder... but I see tons of women who are pregnant and not skinny minnies!

I don't know why they tell bigger women they can't get pregnant!!!! I know that its supposed to make it harder... but I see tons of women who are pregnant and not skinny minnies!

exactly, i personally know a few women who are larger and they are pregnant, one had her baby 3 weeks ago, so thats my string of hope for the moment,

it hit me hard when i went to the drs and she said 'because of your weight your going to have problems' but i now realise that i as much as anyone could have a perfectly fine pregnancy, i think some people just dont know how to word things properly y'know?

Hi ladies,
I have a papsmear scheduled for tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed that I will finally get the proof I need. I've been going between constipation and gas for the last two or three days. It is no fun at all. Prunes seem to help me get rid of the constipation but then I toot a lot. There's no winning it seems. I am currently spotting again but with no pain. I hope it goes away by in the morning. It has been going on for almost two days now and doesn't usually last much longer. My belly is visibly moving now. I can put something on it and see it moving. My nephew loved seeing my camera moving yesterday. Of course he has no idea that its a baby moving inside. I am officially sixteen weeks along now. The movement is a comfort when I am spotting. What does a kick feel like? I have been getting like electric charges when the baby moves sometimes. Is that a kick? Well, I better go.

Any other way to post pictures besides the website route. I don't have a website that has the pictures I want to post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->