Big or small babies.

My daughter was two weeks late born at 42 plus 1 and she was 6lb 12.5oz and her dad was born tiny at 5 pound something and I was 7lb 7oz at birth so she was in the middle, kind of :)

I'm not sure about the bigger they are the easier the delivery, my daughter was out in just a few pushes, an hour from waters breaking and was 5lb4!

in absence of other complications, genetics is the main factor... also, your own height is: if you're taller, it's more likely that a big baby will have enough room to grow really big (while it may come a bit early if you're smaller size... that's a case in my family, all big babies, and many of them really huge even when coming early, without a single DG case! ...ie. i was born at 33 weeks and was 7lb 11, my cousin on my mom's side was 9lb 14oz (!!!!) at 36 weeks... my mom's tiny and my aunt is taller and when i arrived the docs said that if i would have had more space, i would have stayed in longer and gotten over 9lb easily)

sometimes, also the sex of the babies due to genetic imprinting counts (not that babies of one specific sex are bigger than the others GENERALLY, but within one same family, you can notice ie. that all girl babies are bigger than all boy babies or vice versa)... i am bracing myself to a little elephant.

I was 6lb 10oz at birth and OH was 6lb 12oz our first baby was 6lb 2oz and second was 5lb 5oz

I'm not sure about the bigger they are the easier the delivery, my daughter was out in just a few pushes, an hour from waters breaking and was 5lb4!

My first was also out in about 10mins and second was out in about 4-5 pushes

My mom delivered my sister Very quickly and she was the smallest, literally she was like "I need to push" and my sister shot out, the doctor had to catch her. LOL it was however her 3rd baby.

I am still hoping my baby is at the most around my weight. I hope since I'm so short my baby will not get too incredibly big. x) I know a woman I worked with had a 9lb little girl and just had a boy not too long ago and he was around 9lbs. She was small (weight wise) but was fairly tall.

My baby was small when she was born - 5 1/2 lbs. I'm short (5'3'') and DH is big-boned and tall (6 ft). My DD is 4 now and is slim, but is taking after my DH in terms of height. I think she was so small at birth because she was born at 38 weeks, and also maybe because I exercised throughout my pregnancy?

I'm pretty sure it depends mostly on the size of the mother when she was born. At least that's how it works in animals, like dogs, when you breed two different breeds they are grown and delivered in compliance with the size of the mom.

I've heard that mothers genes have more of an effect than fathers but I'm not sure how true that is.

I'm not sure on the bigger they are the easier they are to deliver too. I guess it depends how big, big is! If baby's huge and broad and the mother has a tiny frame then there could be difficulties with her pelvis size. Both my girls popped out easily... I have huge hips that were made for birthing babies! So I think the mother's build and genetics play the biggest part in how easily she'll birth x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->