• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bikinis on Babies.

I'm generally cool with two pieces on kids. But that one in the first link? That made me cringe hard. Not all bikinis are worn to look sexually appealing, but the style in the link certainly is worn by adult women to flaunt a body and look sexy. It doesn't help that it's the Kardashians, I guess, and I know they've made their money by degrading themselves into sexual objects. :/

Claire has a two piece. I bought it for her from work. My hubby doesn't like it, but tbh I don't think he'd like her wearing a two piece regardless of what age she is. :blush:

https://xb5.xanga.com/863e014350332285244582/m227652956.jpg

I don't see it as sexual, maybe because it isn't a triangle style? :wacko: I thought it was fine now I'm not so sure ha ha ha. :haha:

I love that! She's adorable!

I don't like that at all

I'm talking about kourtney kardashian's daughter though, I think your daughters one is fine tiff

That one would be fine! I just dont like the string bikini stuff!:)

I really dislike them. It's not what it does or doesn't cover, but what it implies.
It's all about it being age appropriate, imo. A cute little two-piece designed for a toddler is very different than a few triangles on a string designed to barely cover an adult woman's modesty. Not all adult bikinis are designed to imply sexuality but the style in the poll, if made full size, definitely would be.
The original photograph just made me want to cry. It's like a PP said, even without rationalising my feelings on the subject, my instant reaction was disgust.

Not a fan but it seem my local walmart sell too many bikinis for little girls. But they do make it easy to use the bathroom or change out the bottom piece.

Don't like them. Tiff, I think that's appropriate (and your lo is adorable!), but I don't like the pic in the OP's post. It just doesn't sit right with me.

I don't like that at all

I'm talking about kourtney kardashian's daughter though, I think your daughters one is fine tiff

I was pretty sure you were talking about the OP, but wasn't sure. :haha: Anyhoo, it is okay if people don't like the one she's wearing. :mrgreen:

I'm biased though cuz she's my kiddo and I think she's super cute ha ha ha.

When I went to Mexico for two weeks, you could see whomthe Americans were vs european countries. Euros had banana hammocks for guys and g strings for girls, even kids. Americans and canadians were covered up. I dont care either, except I felt like a prude country, but for sun purposes, I prefer my kids and I, to be covered more, like sun shirts.

I don't like that at all

I was pretty sure you were talking about the OP, but wasn't sure. :haha: Anyhoo, it is okay if people don't like the one she's wearing. :mrgreen:

I'm biased though cuz she's my kiddo and I think she's super cute ha ha ha.

Ahaha I posted the comment after seeing Kourtney's child than saw your post above mine afterwards and thought ok that kinda looks like it was aimed at your post lol x

I personally don't like the bra thing, babies should be babies and not turned into mini adults iykwim?

I don't like children in bikinis let alone babies, that picture is just awful. When we go to our local play area that has a water play bit I'm always shocked at what some of the parents put their daughters in, I don't like any kind of bikini on a child but I understand some are "younger" than others, but the other day I saw what looked like an 8-10ish year old in a string bikini and I thought it just looked awful. Let girls have a childhood for goodness sake!!!

(I haven't read any replies apart from the OP)

When I went to Mexico for two weeks, you could see whomthe Americans were vs european countries. Euros had banana hammocks for guys and g strings for girls, even kids. Americans and canadians were covered up. I dont care either, except I felt like a prude country, but for sun purposes, I prefer my kids and I, to be covered more, like sun shirts.
Aye, that's only because we never get any sun. We spend September to June in wooly jumpers and thick trousers, so our two week holiday we've to stock up on the vitamin D. It's not been a good holiday if you haven't gone home with borderline 3rd degree burns.

(I should add here that being fair skinned, I'm head to toe covered no matter what as the slightest sunlight turns me lobster red!)

I know my husband need more coverage in the sun. He already had three skin cancer removed (one was deep so he still have scar from the surgery) before the age 35. And so have his sister.

Aye, that's only because we never get any sun. We spend September to June in wooly jumpers and thick trousers, so our two week holiday we've to stock up on the vitamin D. It's not been a good holiday if you haven't gone home with borderline 3rd degree burns.

(I should add here that being fair skinned, I'm head to toe covered no matter what as the slightest sunlight turns me lobster red!)[/QUOTE]

:haha: me too. My sister always laughs cos I lather both the kids in suncream then use the same one on myself.

Yuck the bikini in the photo is gross! I think I would put a baby girl in a swim suit. I don't even really like bikinis on older children

i don't like wearing bikinis myself so would be reluctant to put one on Emilia. Maybe a decent size 2 piece if its really hot but certainly not a string bikini.

Omg I love that!! I soo want to get LO one. Does anyone know where I could get one?

OK I am completely joking!! That looks really wrong, I don't mind bikinis if they have a nice cut that is suitable for a child but that is too grown up. I wouldn't even wear a string bikini.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->