Birthday party help

LoveCakes

Reaction score
My two are 1 and 3 in a few weeks so we've hired a council hall and booked a bouncy castle.

So far it's 15 kids, about 10 of which will be aged 2-4. Plus a load of adults since it'll be the kids family party too as my house is too small to cope.

I've only been to 2 since I was a kid and need some help

- do I need music? The bouncy castle house and children screaming was pretty loud at the one we were at today but it was a smaller hall
-food straight away or after about half an hour
-is it an unwritten rule that when the cake is cut people go home? Don't want to cut it early and loose people
- is it acceptable to have A presents table just to keep them together
- party favours, I have the bags do I just get the packs of silly things from Tesco, smyths etc... or are these rubbish destined for the bin?
- as it's a joint party but my sons first is two cakes and two happy birthday songs ok?
- am I right in thinking they'll just amuse themselves? Do I need to organise party games?

Sorry for the massive list I'm clueles

I'm looking forward to it and love crafting so any ideas let me know :)

Hey i just had my kids 3rd and 4rth party yesterday.

We had speakers with kids music on and when i put food out and the cake i turned it off and you could tell the difference but my speakers were very loud.

Party started at 12.30 and i started the buffet at 1.15pm all the food was set up but i had covers over it until we were ready to start

We cut the cake 30 mins before the end as i was giving the kids a peice of cake in there party bag so needed time to cut it up. This seemed perfect.

I did a presents table but took presents from guests and put them there myself.

I personally wouldnt do the toys etc. I gave everyone a big bubnle wand it worked out 50p each so alot cheaper than buying all the little toys and in there party bag they got candyfloss and cake.
However other parties iv been to weve either got a bag with the toys and some sweets or a sweetie cone which might work out quite cheap too.

They entertained themselves with the bouncy castle but i had a facepainter who made sword balloons so alot of the kids were playing with that. I also had a baby corner as quite a few had small babies just a few toys and a mat.

For the cake we got all the kids to make a big circle and my 2 children sat in the middle and there dad took one cake and i took the other so they did it at the same time. You could easily do it seperate though so they both get there own time.

Good luck it felt a bit chaotic to me but i ended up with 40 kids and there was so many adults, i love pictures and barely managed to take any as was so busy so try and get a friend or relative to snap some pictures for you :)

- they'll probably be too busy to notice if there's music or not. Depends if you need music for any games ... pass the parcel, musical bumps, etc

- I wouldn't do food straight away, they'll probably be too excited to sit still. Most parties DD has been to have food about half way through

- did you put an ending time on invitations? That or bringing party bags out is what I'd usyally go by

- most of the parties we've been to have a present table

- up to you. I'm not keen on all that kinda stuff, but DD loves it!

- 2 cakes and songs sound ok to me

- they'll probably amuse themselves at that age. Pass the parcel always seems to go down well, if you wanted to do something. Oh and plenty of balloons will keep them amused for ages!

Hope you have a fab party x

We did a bouncy castle at the village hall this year, though mine was 4. I would definitely have music it was a nice touch. We just made a playlist of fun (appropriate) pop songs, but you could also just turn on the radio. Ours started at 11. We did lunch and cake at 12. Kids played a bit longer and most were leaving by 1 (end time specified in invite as the guy was coming for the bouncy castle by 1:30). They'll want to play when they get there. I'd do food and cake closer to the end. I think 2 cakes is fine. A friend did a joint party with 3 children (friends) and they each had a cake and we sang three times.

I don't think you have to worry about party bags, but if you want to do them, a few nice useful things instead of a bunch of junk that goes in the bin is nicer. I personally would just take gifts as people hand them to you and put them away somewhere. I don't like the idea of a table really and the kids may just get into them if they're out.

We didn't do any party games. They happily amused themselves. We also blew up balloons so they had those to run around and play with too.

- do I need music? The bouncy castle house and children screaming was pretty loud at the one we were at today but it was a smaller hall

Yes do music, I've been to a couple without and it really makes a difference.

-food straight away or after about half an hour

Have an open buffet and people can decide themselves.

-is it an unwritten rule that when the cake is cut people go home? Don't want to cut it early and loose people

I find people usually do, but if the party has an end time people usually plan to stay for it.

- is it acceptable to have A presents table just to keep them together

Yes, just make sure people have labelled gifts

- party favours, I have the bags do I just get the packs of silly things from Tesco, smyths etc... or are these rubbish destined for the bin?

You can try things like craft supplies, seeds or balloons. Kids seem to love the silly things, parents not so much, up to you, lol.

- as it's a joint party but my sons first is two cakes and two happy birthday songs ok?

Yes, I would do two.

- am I right in thinking they'll just amuse themselves? Do I need to organise party games?

If they're around 1 and 3 then leaving the games works out best, it's hard to get them together at this age.

Thanks everyone, some great suggestions, especially the baby corner

I didn't put an end time so will do cake half an hour before the end. We have the hall for 3 hours so half hour each side

I think I'll set the buffet out and cover it up so I can chat to people as they arrive

I don't think I'll do games as explaining pass the parcel even to my own child would be hard enough. I've hired 5/6 ride ons with the bouncy castle. Hope there's no fighting!

Both kids love music so I'll set oh that task. A lot of pop songs are really innapropriate when you actually listen to them though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->