Birthing Scar Pics!!! [May be graphic]

https://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z292/jewbag86/Picture042.jpg

Oh, oww! Is it common for them to get infected? Seems like a few of you had incision infections. I wonder what leads some to get infected? Maybe showering does cuz heaven knows I rarely showered the first few weeks after my c-sections and mine healed perfectly LOL.

And trust me my belly isnt flat yet! My skin around my belly button is still a little loose. In my experience with my first 2 it took about 4 months for the skin to firm up. So I'm holding out on that hope.
And, I like this thread! My body part I'm a bit ashamed of is my boobs. They were little perky things before I had kids and are now saggy with huge areolas!! I seriously hate how big they are and I dont dare breastfeed without a cover because my areola still shows when she is latched. Whatever happened to my tiny dime sized areolas I had before I had kids? And why wasnt I diligent about wearing a bra with my first baby? It wasnt breastfeeding that made them sag, it was them getting so big and me never wearing a bra during my first pregnancy!! Can I tell you when I'm not breastfeeding my boobs shrink, but the skin is still just as big so I end up with elderly boobs?!!

Here is a picture of my 3rd (of 4 c-sections). This was taken in the hospital right after the dressing was taken off. Staples were miserable! On my 4th c/s I talked him into stitches that dissolved on their own...much easier.

My scar now that its healed SUCKS!! Its red and thick..I guess its called a "keliod" scar. I'll take a recent pic tomorrow...BOOOOO

Attachments

• Easter 025.jpg
    Easter 025.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 52
I really didn't expect c-section scars to be so small. No idea why. They are all so much neater than my scars - episiotomy and a nasty 3rd degree tear xx

Not sure if you ladies have seen this before, but I thought I'd post it here :) I know as women we'll never be happy with our bodies, but I thought this was beautiful! :cloud9:

https://images2.cafemom.com/images/user/gallery/post_106911_1179178197_med.jpg?imageId=674875

"A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me.

It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It's where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it."

xx

Beautiful.... Made me well up.
I have some pix of LO being pulled out n I'll take a pix of my scar n post it. Dont have any from the early days. I cant now cuz I'm on my phone.

Ohmy4!!! I never knew staples looked like...real staples. lol.

God, that looks painful.

ouchie...at the time I was envious of my friends neat C-section scar whilst my bits were mangled! but looking at what can go wrong I am relieved that I didn't need to have a section (although was a close call)

the same for me hun! I really wish they gave me a c section as i now still have problems down below 19 weeks pp and i might have to go back in to get it sorted :cry:
Thankyou ladies for your pics :thumbup: If i get pregnant again i have to have a c section, at least i know what the scar will look like now.

xxx
I really didn't expect c-section scars to be so small. No idea why. They are all so much neater than my scars - episiotomy and a nasty 3rd degree tear xx

Ohmy4!!! I never knew staples looked like...real staples. lol.

God, that looks painful.

I was astounded by this when i found out i had staples - made OH take a pic to prove they were just like real actual staples! was slightly freaked out when the nurse came at me with a staple extractor!!!

Ok ladies,
1st, 1 day PP, 2nd 5 days pp staples just removed...

https://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/LJKowalczyk/23456.jpg

I was devestated by the butchers job that my doctor did on me. The whole procedure was rushed and I spent the two days in hospital trying to convince them that my insides were going to fall out. Within 10 minutes of my MW removing my staples at home the whole thing burst open. I had to spend EIGHT weeks being visited by a nurse daily and having seaweed shoved in my open wound. It was awful and painful and I couldn't bath.

I am so undecided about what to do this time around and I have a horrible feeling that they are going to recommend an elective csection this time around.

I was devestated by the butchers job that my doctor did on me. The whole procedure was rushed and I spent the two days in hospital trying to convince them that my insides were going to fall out. Within 10 minutes of my MW removing my staples at home the whole thing burst open. I had to spend EIGHT weeks being visited by a nurse daily and having seaweed shoved in my open wound. It was awful and painful and I couldn't bath.

I am so undecided about what to do this time around and I have a horrible feeling that they are going to recommend an elective csection this time around.

Wow, OMG. Thats horrible

Its not even a damn straight line and they didnt use anywhere near enough staples - however every time I touch it I remember what I got out of it. xxx

Ive got pictures of it when it burst open aswell as at one point I did contemplate taking it further with the hospital. I wont terrify everybody with them though !!

Oh my god sweetheart! That's awful! :hugs: xx

Its not even a damn straight line and they didnt use anywhere near enough staples - however every time I touch it I remember what I got out of it. xxx

Ive got pictures of it when it burst open aswell as at one point I did contemplate taking it further with the hospital. I wont terrify everybody with them though !!

I wonder why its cut so uneven? How was the Dr. unable to cut straight across?? How does it look now?
I think we wouldnt mind seeing your incision when it burst open! It sounds really awful and traumatic but I would still like to see

Gosh, you poor thing :hugs: That looks so uncomfortable. The staples look really mean, I'm so glad I had dissolving stitches (not that I had any say in the matter)

I wonder why its cut so uneven? How was the Dr. unable to cut straight across?? How does it look now?
I think we wouldnt mind seeing your incision when it burst open! It sounds really awful and traumatic but I would still like to see

Their on our home pc so will upload tomorrow for anyone who is interested. I havent taken a recent pic so will do that aswell. Its a very thick line (nothing like anyone else has already posted !!) I think they were in such a rush to get her her out as her hb kept stopping and starting. The girl I shared a room with at the hospital who also had a csec straight after me was also stapled very similarly.

Gosh, you poor thing :hugs: That looks so uncomfortable. The staples look really mean, I'm so glad I had dissolving stitches (not that I had any say in the matter)

I have my consultant appt on the 11th and will be taking all my pics with me and telling them that under no circumstances will they be leaving me like that again. Seeing the other pics of how ladies have been stapled proves to me how much of a bodge it job they did on me !

I have my consultant appt on the 11th and will be taking all my pics with me and telling them that under no circumstances will they be leaving me like that again. Seeing the other pics of how ladies have been stapled proves to me how much of a bodge it job they did on me !

Oh didnt see you were pregnant again at first. Thats why you are nervous about the delivery again. I would be too after that experience!! Maybe there is a different Dr who can do your c-section if they wont allow a vbac? Its not normal to go through what you did at all. This time should be better!! Can you ask to not have staples? I had steri-strips with my 2nd baby which was my 1st c-section and just glue with my 2nd c-section. It holds really strong and I never had any problems. Or get stitches and glue, like a double assurance that it wont burst open again

I don't blame you - I'd be exactly the same! I hope your appointment goes well and you get some reassurance :hugs:

I don't have any pics of my incision or scar - it's not something I really want to remember.

I hope your appointment goes well hun! :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"