Birthing Scar Pics!!! [May be graphic]

OP... my scar looks the same as yours does but it's been 10 months x

https://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/LJKowalczyk/23456.jpg

I was devestated by the butchers job that my doctor did on me. The whole procedure was rushed and I spent the two days in hospital trying to convince them that my insides were going to fall out. Within 10 minutes of my MW removing my staples at home the whole thing burst open. I had to spend EIGHT weeks being visited by a nurse daily and having seaweed shoved in my open wound. It was awful and painful and I couldn't bath.

I am so undecided about what to do this time around and I have a horrible feeling that they are going to recommend an elective csection this time around.

That really does look awful.. poor you :hugs: As if the c-section itself weren't enough!

Are you still going to the same hospital as before? Definitely show them the pictures and discuss it with them... good luck at your appointment hun!

laurak - that is really awful ! that is definately NOT how a c-section scar should look !
and even if they were in a rush it shouldnt look like that at all. i had a crash emergency c-section as my LO stopped breathing and mine is all lump and thick but NOTHING like that! and it certainly didnt bruise as bad as that either.

I didnt have a c-sec but did have a tear and epi but im sure no one would want to see those.. (not that i have pics!!!)

They look blooody painful so well done ladies!

And i cant rememeber who posted that amazing picture with the writing next to it;... but i am balling my eyes out! It looks just like my belly atm!

:) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LauraK...OMG. I cannot believe what they did to you! I'm sorry love, but it looks horrible! That doc must have been on drugs or something! :nope:
I'm sure you will stand up for yourself when you go back and make sure they do a good job.
I wish I could give you a hug through the computer. :hugs:
Good luck with everything and keep us updated. Damn doctor deserves to have his medical license taken away.

the same for me hun! I really wish they gave me a c section as i now still have problems down below 19 weeks pp and i might have to go back in to get it sorted :cry:
Thankyou ladies for your pics :thumbup: If i get pregnant again i have to have a c section, at least i know what the scar will look like now.

xxx
I really didn't expect c-section scars to be so small. No idea why. They are all so much neater than my scars - episiotomy and a nasty 3rd degree tear xx

:hugs::hugs:

I feel the same as you, wish they had just done a section rather than an emergency forceps delivery. I didn't start to feel ok-ish until over a year pp. I've also been advised to have a section if (and that's a big if) I ever have any more children because of the damamge that's been done. :hugs: xx

Thanks girls - I am clearly in the minority as most of you seem to have lovely neat scars. TBH it's not too bad now it has healed just alot bumpier and more riased than I expected !! xx

And I definately will be very proactive in telling them that if I have to go through it again then we will be doing it my way !!!

4 months pp scheduled c section scar, I marked it in red...

Attachments

• 2011-11-04_02.57.00.jpg
    2011-11-04_02.57.00.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 22
Laura i hope you sued!!! absolutely horrid doctor you had! and i thought i was butchered with my first c section! so sorry you had to go through all of that!

first one is 8 days pp and second is 12 weeks today :)

Attachments

• IMG01194-20110820-1914.jpg
    IMG01194-20110820-1914.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG01988-20111104-2150.jpg
    IMG01988-20111104-2150.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 30
1 hour after, 4 days PP and now at 20 days PP (apologies for quality, took with webcam)
scar.jpg 20 days.jpg

I have a hard lump on the right side (left on last pic) which is making my scar look uneven. How long is it before swelling and numbness goes?

im still numb 20 months later

Omg .. I'm pretty sure no one wants to see my episiotomy followed by a 4th degree tear ... :sick:

:rofl:

Airforcewife-I do actually!

Quite tempted to take a pic of mine actually. Its now (23 weeks on) healed beautifully, but for a good 16 weeks looked horrid!

Quite randomly I really miss doing bump shots and looking at other peoples before, during and after bump and bellies, was hunting through my photo albums and came across all of mine and felt wistful.

Almost 15 weeks pp...(taken today):blush:

Attachments

• cicatriz.JPG
    cicatriz.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 40
Airforcewife-I do actually!

Quite tempted to take a pic of mine actually. Its now (23 weeks on) healed beautifully, but for a good 16 weeks looked horrid!

Quite randomly I really miss doing bump shots and looking at other peoples before, during and after bump and bellies, was hunting through my photo albums and came across all of mine and felt wistful.

I know. I do miss that as well. I looked at my 40 week bump pic and was shocked. I don't remember being that big. lol. It was a beautiful journey though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->