Black Cohosh vs. Clomid?

nmv

Reaction score
Hello Ladies!!!

Like many others, I have irregular cycles. After my last cycle (57 days), I've finally broken down and made an appt. to get Clomid, but not until May 14th, which doesn't help me until my next cycle.

So I did more reading on Black Cohosh as a natural alternative and decided to give it a go!

Anyone want to try this with me?
Anyone tried this route before?
:hi:

I've heard that Soy Isoflavones are the natural Clomid.

Also heard black cohosh recommended along with loads of others

i conceived ds on clomid. this time tried on/off for nearly a year again was starting to worry i'd need clomid again but researched soy isoflavones & took them for the first time cd3-7 & conceived!
have a read up on it worked for me

Soy Isoflavones is the natural clomid ( and what I did different the cycle we got pregnant with our son! )

Thank you all for your responses....however, I keep reading that Black Cohosh works even better! :D

Here's one very interesting study comparing B.C. with Clomid...
https://cms.herbalgram.org/herbclip...14&signature=20c66d0abce442ba0bfbc268a60ccaa7

There was another study I read yesterday that compared Black Cohosh with Soy Isoflavones and found it had fewer drawbacks with better hormone level balancing effects.

I know Soy Isoflavones are currently more popular to use, but are there any ladies (specifically with PCOS/anovulation issues) who have tried Black Cohosh with any success?

I took Black cohosh last month - no joy

My friend took it and got pregnant - unfortunately she miscarried at 7 weeks:cry:

Hey just food for thought, is I read black cohosh can actually help minimize the risk of Clomid. So, does that mean you can try both at same time (of course under doctor’s observation)? If yes, and if you have been unsuccessfully trying to conceive with Clomid, you can ask your physician about adding Black Cohosh to your next cycles to help improve your chances of success. Several convincing studies have indicated black cohosh to be beneficial in the clinical treatment of hormonal disorders. It helps to suppress LH levels, which are usually high in PCOS.
A recent study has indicated that black cohosh may reduce proliferative effects of oestrogens on tissues, which is in line with the effect of many phyto-oestrogens, however the mechanism for this remains to be elucidated. It is a natural supplier of oestrogen. Black Cohosh should ONLY be taken from menstruation to ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->