BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Thanks Lauriech:D That makes total sense and answers my question - I was wondering why he needed to actually get them to his mouth when he's not five months yet and if I should be doing something now! Is Deri able to sit up unaided? My plan is to wait til Elliot can sit up on his own so he can sit in his high chair and then I was just going to give him his cup maybe with a tiny amount of EBM in so at least he'd get a little reward if he managed to use it properly!!!

I thought I'd leave actual food until he's six months as he's putting everything he holds in his mouth at the moment and I wouldn't want him swallowing anything before his digestive system is ready for it. I'm only going on what I've read though and it seems to be suggesting that at six months babies then start playing with the food and probably won't eat anything for a bit?

He does watch us eat now... Just want to check I'm not missing anything!!! I'm reading the Gill Rapley book - is that the 'bible'?!

Thank you x

:hug:

eta. sorry rafwife - only read your post after I'd written this, wasn't completely ignoring your post, still not sure as above though! x

Deri can't sit unaided yet but sits very well in his highchair. I just feel it's unfair to put him in his bouncer while we eat now as he's so interested to watch and learn. I very much doubt he'll actually 'eat' anything for quite a while yet! x

Hebe has only been sitting really well for about a month. We couldnt have waited till almost 8 months to start. She sat well in a high chair from 4/5 months so that's when we started to involve her in meal times - she didnt 'eat' for a while after that. :)

https://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/nov/05/foodanddrink

Heres a good article for anyone that hasnt read the bible!

I like the concise nature of that article - sums it up nicely for anyone just wondering :)

Did anyone read this bit....

By the time our daughter Martha was born, theirs, Izzy, was tucking into whole pears - before she could even crawl.

and think 'what's so interesting about that? Isn't it normal??' :rofl:

Thanks, I think I'll try him in his high chair again soon and see how he is in it. He might be ok with a bit of padding around him. Don't think I'll give him food just yet though... Think I'd be too worried about him actually eating it before his stomach is ready for it.

:hugs: x

I think a BLWing photo thread would be really, really good!!! x

Thanks, I think I'll try him in his high chair again soon and see how he is in it. He might be ok with a bit of padding around him. Don't think I'll give him food just yet though... Think I'd be too worried about him actually eating it before his stomach is ready for it.

He wont eat it straight away. He might not even pick it up for a while :)

If he can pick it up it goes in his mouth at the moment!!! He picks everything up. Think it's probably more for my sanity I'm putting off actually giving him food!!!

:hugs: xxx

If he can pick it up it goes in his mouth at the moment!!! He picks everything up. Think it's probably more for my sanity I'm putting off actually giving him food!!!

:hugs: xxx

:lol: Hebe picked up and put stuff in her mouth bit did actually EAT anything for ages/ She licked or mouthed or sucked but never swallowed anything for weeks. :)

Cant wait to hear how he gets on! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->