BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

I think shes means the ones on your sig with the cows on.

Yes, like Sam said....like the ones with your cows on....they're fab!

xxx

Just popping in to say hi and that when Jack is ready we'll be doing BLW :happydance: I just ordered the Gill Rapely book and can't wait to read it.

Just popping in to say hi and that when Jack is ready we'll be doing BLW :happydance: I just ordered the Gill Rapely book and can't wait to read it.

Ooh, good luck hun. Another recruit!! My work here is done :muaha:!!!
Seriously, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have (and some of the other girls on here). It's great to see them stuffing there faces with food that they're really enjoy, once they get into it!
See you treading the boards soon hunni!! x x

Good luck with it!

I love watching Niamh explore, and the fact she decides what she eats and when. Since reading the book it made so much sense :)

tbh even though I hadn't heard of BLW before, I knew there must be an alternative to jars. I watched my niece being weaned and disliked everything about it. Its nice there's a name for it, books on it, and people to talk to! :)

I'd heard about it from friends a couple of months ago, they have a little boy now 14 months and "normal" weaning didn't work for them so they tried this. I had no idea then what a big movement it is becoming. So glad to see so many B&Bers doing it :happydance:

I will be trying BLW in a weeks time when little one is 26 weeks.Just wondering though do you boil or steams veggies and for how long? also what fruit do you give because apples seem quite tough to start with, I know banana will be good. Do you take skin off grapes. Do you give peppers cooked or raw? sorry so many questions lol

I will be trying BLW in a weeks time when little one is 26 weeks.Just wondering though do you boil or steams veggies and for how long? also what fruit do you give because apples seem quite tough to start with, I know banana will be good. Do you take skin off grapes. Do you give peppers cooked or raw? sorry so many questions lol

We steam veggies, but you can do them either way. As long as yyou do it lightly, so they're still a bit firm. Any softer and they just mush up as soon as they grab them. You can give any veggies and most fruits (some people like to steer clear of citrusy fruits for a while). As long as the piece is big and chunky enough for LO to hold. I give ripe pears, bananas, mango, melon - th elist goes on! Grapes need to be cut in haf length ways, But she probably wn't be ready for them for another few weeks yet. I also gave peppers raw to start with. It's good for them to have a variety of smells and textures and giving raw things helps towards this.
Good luck hun and don't forget to pop back with any other questions!!!

Hello new people to the thread :wave: I'm still hanging round watching what's going on!!! Hi lucymama - another mama :happydance: how old is your child / children

xxx

Hi there all.......wow its taken me the best part of today to read all the posts (whilst entertaining/feeding etc ava) its brilliant to read how everyone started and how you are all coping, there is some cracking info and support!

Ava is obviously only 3 months but I'm cracking on with the 'bible' and really excited about starting :happydance: eventually!

:hug:

Well, thats us home and the operation went really really well :happydance:

Didnt actually need to worry about BLW whilst in the hospital as they always had something on the kids menu she could eat :happydance: she munched on lots of veg and some fish! Although when I asked what food they had the first thing they did was offer me a jar and I then had to explain the whole BLW thing:dohh:

The looks from some of the other mums and even some of the nurses was priceless. One nurse actually stopped and watched as Rebecca picked up a boiled potato and held it with both hands before giving it a good munch:cloud9:

Oh and her pincer grip is coming on really well:happydance: she managed to pick up 2 peas and pop them in her mouth:cloud9:

Its great seeing so many new people on the thread, honestly had no idea when I started it that there would be so many people who would also be doing BLW

Good work girlies!! So glad it went well! :D

I keep putting smaller things on her tray and her pincer is defiantely improving :)

Hello :hi: to all the new girlies!

Sam - glad to hear all went well.

Hello to all other girls - hope all is going well with BLWing! I can't wait to start properly with Deri. He's lost interest the last few days as he always seems to be tired at mealtimes the last few days xxx

Niamh is starting to use the pincher grip, badly, but it's a start :rofl:

What are your babies favorite foods atm?

For Niamh its cheese or tomato.

We had some success at lunch today.....finally! Not convinced he actually ate anything but at least he didn't just sweep it all onto the floor without even tasting it! We had some cucumber (have to cut it into circles cos if I leave it in sticks he won't even pick it up! but circles are fine?!), followed by some toast off my plate and some scrambled egg (his pincer grip is coming along) followed by some strawberry and banana for dessert. He picked up the strawberry and ate it like a mini apple. Then spent ages sucking his fingers. I was beginning to lose hope.....but at least he is putting stuff in his mouth now....progress!

Wow, you've all been busy!

Mandy (Moggy), welcome to our world hun! Keep in touch - you'll need to! Good luck babes x

Sam, glad you're back hun. And all went well and she enjoyed her hospital food. Must be the first person I've ever met that has!!:rofl:

Lisa - glad the pincer grip is geting there!

Lauriech - have you tried sitting him down between meals? If he is tired or hungry, they just won't be interested. Just let him play for now - any time of the day.

Nic - yey to you with he pincer grip too! I'd love to tell you Olivers favourite food, but I swear he doesn't have one. Anything goes as far as he's concerned!!!

Rach - glad he's getting there. It takes a while, but suddenly it clicks!!

Keep at it girls - we're all doing so well!!!:hug:

Just a couple of Oliver tucking into mackeral, broccoli and mashed potato! Can only see the potato though, as he had eaten the rest!

https://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk274/khatden/CIMG2658.jpg
https://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk274/khatden/CIMG2657.jpg
https://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk274/khatden/CIMG2655.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"