BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Awwww....how cute is he?!
Just waiting for Ethan to actually start eating the food now - he gets it into his mouth ok....I'm so sick of people asking me if he's eating 3 meals a day! Although top marks to my HV at weigh-in today who was really supportive and said just go with the flow!

How old is Ethan hun? Oliver is ontoo 3 meals a day now, but I couldn't say he ACTUALLY eats those 3! He only eats when he wants too!!!:rofl::dohh:

I have just ordered my BLW book from Amazon. :happydance: I did order it at the library but it's taking way too long as Kaitlynn will be 6 months next tuesday. Reading through this forum someone mentioned tomato as a allergy food, I didn't know that?? Just wondering if moms use fresh or frozen veg and how long do u steam it for so it doesn't get too mushy. Also with pear and apple do u steam that also before cutting slices.

I have just ordered my BLW book from Amazon. :happydance: I did order it at the library but it's taking way too long as Kaitlynn will be 6 months next tuesday. Reading through this forum someone mentioned tomato as a allergy food, I didn't know that?? Just wondering if moms use fresh or frozen veg and how long do u steam it for so it doesn't get too mushy. Also with pear and apple do u steam that also before cutting slices.

I personally give tomtaoes, if they are cooked. I also now give raw tomato - Oliver is over 8 months. I use both fresh and frozen veg. To start with, I just lightly steamed it, so that it was soft on the outside, but still a bit hard in the middle. This way it doesn't mush as soon as they touch it. I have never cooked any fruits. I just cut apples and pears into quarters. Bananas, I leave the skin on and just peel 1/4 inch at a time. melon/mango, just slice and leave the skin on again.
Enjoy the book!

I personally give tomtaoes, if they are cooked. I also now give raw tomato - Oliver is over 8 months. I use both fresh and frozen veg. To start with, I just lightly steamed it, so that it was soft on the outside, but still a bit hard in the middle. This way it doesn't mush as soon as they touch it. I have never cooked any fruits. I just cut apples and pears into quarters. Bananas, I leave the skin on and just peel 1/4 inch at a time. melon/mango, just slice and leave the skin on again.
Enjoy the book!

Ok great thanks. Aren't apples a little hard for them especially if they break off a small chunk?

Enjoy the book!

Ok great thanks. Aren't apples a little hard for them especially if they break off a small chunk?

The first few times, Oliver just sought of played with them, but this last fortnight, he has been chomping away t them like nobodies business. He loves them! And, no, he has no teeth yet!

You can steam them lightly if you like but I found she managed them easily :)

As soon as her bottom 2 came thru she started to scrape hard stuff. It actually makes me cringe when she has breadsticks....it's like she's striking a match on her teeth.....:argh:

As soon as her bottom 2 came thru she started to scrape hard stuff. It actually makes me cringe when she has breadsticks....it's like she's striking a match on her teeth.....:argh:

Urrgh - you made the hairs on my neck stand on end then!

It's one of those nails down the blackboard moments.....:shock:

Ethan is just over 7 months but we've only been doing blw for about a month since he wont spoon feed anymore. He did manage to get 4 cheerios in his mouth this morning - hooray! - his pincer grip has improved so much over the last week. Was thinking of giving him some sweetcorn and peas to help with this - are they ok to give??

I slice the apple for Niamh just now :)

Niamh had toast in one had this morning, and a strawberry in the other and she kept bringing them together, concentrating very carefully, then trying to shove both in her mouth at the same time :rofl: I think she wanted mashed strawberries on toast :rofl:

My lovely son didn'twant the chicken I just offered him. So what did he do? Smeared yoghurt all over it - then ate the lot!!!:dohh::rofl:

When she wakes up it's chicken sarnies for lunch here Kat!! I'll get a yoghurt at the ready :D

Strangely enough we also have chicken for lunch!! Leftover from last nights dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->