BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Shall I bite the bullet and give Niamh some of our lasagne tonight? Or wait until she has a better grasp (excuse the pun) on the pincher grip?

LOL :rofl: This could be fun.

So chopped veg will be ok? ie cherry tomatoes chopped into quarters, peppers sliced quite small? Until now I've only given her big bits of things.

you mean in the lasagne?? Yeah deffo. I think the small stuff is particularly easy when it's 'wet' iykiwm. :)

Mmmmmm veg lasagne.....I think we might have that for tea now.....:D

Ooh, that sounds yummy Nic! I've given up trying to give things to him that are the right size. If he wants it - he'll learn quick enough how to eat it!!!:rofl:

I just remembered OH is out tonight for dinner :dohh: Not sure what to make now. I suppose I could still make it, and have leftovers for lunch.

Did anyone offer one thing at a time incase of allergies. Like the same finger food for 3 days and then change to something new. Did you also offer savoury first so baby didn't get used to just sweet items. I can't wait for this BLW book to arrive I have so many questions lol

Did anyone offer one thing at a time incase of allergies. Like the same finger food for 3 days and then change to something new. Did you also offer savoury first so baby didn't get used to just sweet items. I can't wait for this BLW book to arrive I have so many questions lol

I just gave him whatever, whenever to start with! I also muddled up sweet and savoury. It doesn't matter what they have to start with. For lunch today, Oliver ate chicken, yoghurt, banana and half of my sandwich. He just switched between what he was eating at the time - it all ended up on his tray!

If you have any leftovers Nic, just send it my way!:happydance:

Fred ate 3 whole strawberries today!!! he has eaten loads of stuff to date but this was the first time he looked like he knew what he was doing! he even piicked the pieces up that fell out of his mush and placed them back in! well, shoved them back in!:happydance:

we are not doing 100% BLW but we do more finger foods than mashed up stuff and he much prefers it xxx

Do you blw'ers use a tray or the table? I've finally sorted out the table and chairs so that Elliot can sit at the table at meal times and the high chair fits perfectly under the table without the tray.. I was going to use the tray at first (although I know the food's likely to end up everywhere anyway!!) but now I'm thinking the table would be better?

Just wondering what I'm going to be most likely to do once we start on food as he won't be having any for a few weeks yet and I want to get him used to meal times first.

:hugs: x

We used to use the table, but he gets along much better with the tray. The table is just a bigger surface to spread things on for him!:dohh: I think the slight lip on the tray really helps him. And also having his own space makes a huge difference, somehow.

Well, I tried for the first time yesterday and offered Kaitlynn Broccoli and Carrots. But, as soon as I put her in the high chair she started crying! I then put her on my lap and all she did was touch the Broccoli a few times but didn't even attempt to put any in her mouth, just wasn't interested at all!! Will try again today.

Hope she manages to throw a few bits around today Julie! x

Well, I tried for the first time yesterday and offered Kaitlynn Broccoli and Carrots. But, as soon as I put her in the high chair she started crying! I then put her on my lap and all she did was touch the Broccoli a few times but didn't even attempt to put any in her mouth, just wasn't interested at all!! Will try again today.

It can take AGES hun. Just keep at it. I found it really frustrating and was so tempted to just put some in his mouth for him! Do you put her in the high chair while your eating? You can do this and just give her some toys to play with to start with. It takes the stress of it. Then, when she's happy sitting with you, start to give her some food that she can throw around!

Tried again today and she was ok in the highchair but then cried when I put the food on the tray!! OH keeps trying to put the food in her mouth :dohh: and I have to keep telling him not to and that she has to do it herself. We are really naughty when it comes to meals because the table is in the dining room which we never use so we usually end up in the living room eating. Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong. I'll try her around the table and see how it goes. Looking forward to her throwing food but she needs to attempt to touch it first lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->