BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

well our first real attempt at BLW and the result was great, she loved feeding herself. she had bread with apple and pear spread on it for flavour as i didnt want to use butter, she loved it! lol it kept sticking to the roof of her mouth though which she found hilarious! and NO gagging! YAY! think were gunna stick at this!
pics:
https://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q72/soph_coopz/P160809_1028_01.jpg
https://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q72/soph_coopz/P160809_1029.jpg

sophie and Alys

xx

lol the bread on her top gum makes her look like she has two teeth! haha

aw what fab pics, she's loving it.

i love your avator lol, its great
x

Think we are going to start tomorrow. Shes been at the inlaws this weekend so wanted to get that out of the way first. Probably going to start with lunch.

Freddie eating a cheese toasite and after having strawberries, looking like he had just slaughtered a cow - thank goodness for Vanish :thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG01103.jpg
    IMG01103.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG01105.jpg
    IMG01105.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG01095.jpg
    IMG01095.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 11
Cheese toasties! Thats a good idea. Hes such a handsome little boy!

Meadow had some brocilli for lunch today... well she pushed it around the tray, gummed it a few times, waved it in the air and then chucked it at the dog.

Cheese toasties! Thats a good idea. Hes such a handsome little boy!

Meadow had some brocilli for lunch today... well she pushed it around the tray, gummed it a few times, waved it in the air and then chucked it at the dog.

our dog loves Freds meal times! she will get the hang of it hon, just keep giving her stuff to play with xx

Looks like I may be going back to work.

Any ideas on BLW and childminders? All are saying under 1s have to have food provided for them, but she doesn't eat purees. So I'm thinking a little pack lunch?

I'll have to buy her a cute lunch box :cloud9:

Hebe starts nursery in September and they are happy to give her all finger foods or let her eat with her hands. I just bought all her uniform today and they have a 'lunch apron' which is a full smock and perfect for messy meals! :D

That sounds so cute Lisa! :)

All the child minders I spoke to today love the fact she doesn't get purees, and were amazed when I said she eats anything I eat. So they are happy to give it to her but I have to provide the meals.

For tea yesterday we were doing pitta bread pizzas with mushrooms and courgette. Half way through OH (he does all the cooking when he's at home) decided to split the mini pittas and fill them with the mushy, courgette, tom and cheese, grill and stick together and they were much easier to handle and reaaally tasty......so much so we ended up eating them too! :D

just another snippet lol

started blw exactley 4 weeks today just wanted to show you Rhys eating his meat from a lamb chop.
https://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq307/rosiehelen32/th_001-3.jpg

and everyone is asking how they deal with sloppy food.... well rhys doesnt like it i the bowl so i let him take it out the bowl and he eats in from the middle of the tray, he's not happy and won't start eating it till its all out lol.
i love how goes back for his lamd now and again lol, he ate loads tonight he had leek for the 1st time too :happydance:
https://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq307/rosiehelen32/th_003-4.jpg

hope i havent bored you i get so excited :dohh:

loving the videos Helen. How long do you think it took before he was properly eating stuff?

i'd say it took two weeks to actually work out the aim properly and 4 weeks to the point he chooses what he like the most he goes straight for brocilli and parsnip. he also chews now before he would knaw at food and swallow now he'll bite and chew then swallow so i've started giving him more meat like slithers of chicken, beef. he ate most of what was on his tray and half a banana as well, but hardly had any lunch so they pretty clever at what they need, facinates me!

i've been really lucky he's gagged only once or twice, and that was because the mil was hovering over him like a banshee and he lost his concentration :dohh:

wow rhys is a star !!! well done!! i cant wait to start with daisy :thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxx

i really want to try this but leyla has been weaning for a month now and is on 3 meals a day, im worried that if i try and get her to feed herself she wont eat enough?

can someone help me please :D

x

yaaaay.. at last we are getting somewhere! Billie had sweet potato wedges today and some banana and there was no gagging at all. She's still having puree at the same time but she chooses what to grab - the finger foods or the loaded spoon - or the whole bowl! I'm so pleased. Going to try some courgette and carrot tomorrow! Thanks for everyones advice :)

i really want to try this but leyla has been weaning for a month now and is on 3 meals a day, im worried that if i try and get her to feed herself she wont eat enough?

can someone help me please :D

x

i had to top rhys up for a week or so while he got into it, its great how they soon pick it up, I had to guide the spoon to rhys's mouth for quite a while but he soon got into it, i just load it and give it to him sometimes he misses other gets it in his mouth straight away.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"