BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

:shock:

leyla did so well last night, i cant believe how quickly she has picked this up!! i know u all said she would but i didnt believe you :blush:

last night i made leyla salmon chunks, cauliflower, mash and asparagus...omg she loved it, she loved the asparagus at first, had a few of them then moved onto the cauliflower hahaha, u shouldve seen her, she had the stalk in her hand and she was sucking the life out of this caauliflower for about an hour haha, she wouldnt pick up the fish but when i put it into her hand she ate it all up, its the most shes ever eaten, she basically had as much as us haha

:happydance:

x

OMG - that'd fantastic!!!! :dance: I'm so pleased for you hun!!!!

We're not doing quite as well BUT we're only just into the 3rd day I guess. Deri did manage to get wholemeal pitta with mashed banana spread into his mouth this morning but I'm not actually sure if he swallowed it or not? :shrug: I didn't want to distract him :dohh:

He's had plenty of food to try but seems more keen on squashing it and wiping the tray clean for the food to end up on the floor than actually eating anything!!! He chooses what to pick up but then seems to hold the food up in the air and then throws it over the side of the highchair! He had mango and pitta all over the floor this morning, all around this highchair...looked quite pleased with himself as each piece went over too!!!!

I'm thinking I might give him one or two pieces of food at a time from now on, then give him more as and when!

x

I made chicken nuggets and sweet potato wedges for Meadow today. She wasnt too keen on the wedges, but neither was I! She absolutely loved the homemade nuggets tho, they were tasty Im so proud that I didnt fuck them up! She still not swallowing anything but she doesnt bite chunks off and chew it.

Ill post some pics in a min.

https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e188/sparkswillfly35/Picture1159.jpg
https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e188/sparkswillfly35/Picture1157.jpg
https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e188/sparkswillfly35/Picture1151.jpg

brilliant sam! Love the pics! :happydance:

Whats the recipe?

That first pic made me grin! :D Hebe had fish and chips yesterday....well some steamed fish and sweet potato chips!

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/ritzy-chicken-nuggets-recipe/index.html

Its this recipe. Hevs posted it a while ago. I made it with jacob cream crackers instead of ritz crackers. Cant stand ritz :sick:

Thanks, Im needing more recipe ideas :)

Tonight was sausage and mash.

Tomorrow I've got some chicken breasts to use

archie had sweet and sor chicken and pasta tonight the sauce was everywhere but did manage to eat some of the chicken peppers and pinapple, the pasta was more squished than eaten

i did discover something he loves tho and thats breadsticks dipped in hummous

LOVE those photos of Meadow :D Especially the one with Mowglii (sp?!).

I got Elliot a Tommee Tippee Magic Mat today - it's fantastic!! We've had veg pasta bake for tea so I've put it in the bowl and despite his best efforts to pull it off he couldn't so stopped trying and very nicely picked up a bit at a time out of it. It means he can't mass defood his tray and he can have bowls of stuff without me having to hold them :happydance:. They're 99p in homebargains, don't know if you have to buy the bowl too but they're only 99p as well :D x

I just managed to pull the bowl off the magic mat so maybe he wasn't trying hard enough... :rofl: x

i've got one of those mats too elm, but rhys just gets bad tempered with it so i hol the bowl and he empties everything onto his tray.
rhys is suffering with his teeth coming through it looks like he's cutting the two at the bottom together i cano see a red sore line and like white round the edges and in the middle like an ulcer :( not stopped him eating though :happydance:

we had cajun chicken for tea so i cut the end off my piece before i spice it and cooked his seperate in foil in the oven, i did bbq and cheese potato skins so he had the middles with cheese mashed which he wolfed down and had a whole bbq potato skin as well and the had veg rice and a whole tomato washed down with natural yoghurt and half banana lol. think he like the yoghurt on his gums.

i love how rhys is starting to use the flat of his hands to shove things like mash in and he's even sucked mash his fingers tonight :) trivial but so cute

everyone is doing great

Is there any reason not to give spicy stuff? I gave Elliot the ends of a veg enchilada that was a bit spicy. I'm thinking in other cultures babies probably get spices early on?

I'll post in the main bit and see if anyone knows...

x

nim had a mexican chilli bean burger. Interesting nappy :lol:

Hebe has fajitas :) She's had mushroom pakora from an Indian restaurant. You could tell a difference in her nappies but nothing major TBH.

i just assumed you couldnt give spices i was thinking it might make him cry lol.

i might sprinkle some jerk on his chicken next time, next time we go for a ruby murray i'm going to try him on a sweet korma i think

I really am loving the magic mat, used a compartment plate thing with it this evening and Elliot had avocado in one bit, anya potatoes in another and pasta bake in the other so he could mix as he wanted. I'm finding it better than the tray because I can give him more at a time without worrying about him sweeping it all off the tray!!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->