BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

well....... i learnt a valuable lesson today. Rhys was up all night last night and to be honest been mardy all day his little tooth has finally broken through the skin.
well i thought to be quick i'd give him a baby jar of food tuna pasta surprise or something like that so i gave it him with toast, he ate most of it i have to say. anyway an hour later he stated burping and it was gross, eventually he threw it all back up over the carpet:sick:.
so from now on i wont be tempted to buy another jar :dohh:.

Niamhs teething too atm. Two teeth broke through today and she's been up all night crying :( Off her food too for the last few days bless her so it's not going well. Just upped her bottles until she's better.

what foods do you offer? do you go for the softer options like bread and cucumber etc.

he's having crumpets in a minute so i'll see how he goes with them, he is so tempremental today :(

x

awww hope rhys and niamh are feeling better bery soon :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxx

what foods do you offer? do you go for the softer options like bread and cucumber etc.

he's having crumpets in a minute so i'll see how he goes with them, he is so tempremental today :(

x

Yeah and cold foods. I've been giving her wafer thin ham but rolled up and cold fruit slices from the fridge and she's holding them against her gums before eating them. She is wanting more milk than food atm though. I gave her a bottle last night and she just sat chewing it against her gums and crying bless her.

ahh that figures why rhys drank 12 oz milk through the nite on tuesday, he only drink 15oz roughly through the day at a push but i top that up with porridge in the mornings, and was chewing on the teat and drinking through comfort i think, i've not fed him in the nite since he was 8 weeks old.
i've put a tin of mixed pear and peaches in the fridge for pudding later

x

x

Yeah and cold foods. I've been giving her wafer thin ham but rolled up and cold fruit slices from the fridge and she's holding them against her gums before eating them. She is wanting more milk than food atm though. I gave her a bottle last night and she just sat chewing it against her gums and crying bless her.

PMSL at "Tuna surprise":rofl:

Sorry....it was the name of the dish and it's "surprise" re-appearance:blush:

Meadow had strawberries and breadsticks with hummos today outside buckingham palace. She was eating breadsticks and then I put the fruit pot in front of her and she ditched the breadstick and grabbed the strawberries! She loved them! Still no swallowing yet tho.

https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e188/sparkswillfly35/Picture1253.jpg
https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e188/sparkswillfly35/Picture1269.jpg
https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e188/sparkswillfly35/Picture1260.jpg
https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e188/sparkswillfly35/Picture1261.jpg
https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e188/sparkswillfly35/Picture1270.jpg

Sorry for the overload. :D

awwww look at meadow go, she might be swallowing some have her nappies changed,
she's definetly got the grasp and aim right it'll be really soon when she's swallowing it all

xx

Nappies are still the same. She does all the actions perfectly but then just spits it out. I sometimes wonder if she will ever grasp swallowing! But then we have only been doing it about 10 days

i think rhys was kind of swallowing melty stuff like toast,banana,tomato,yoghurt.

but he would bite the end of a carrot then spit it out and pull a face, it was roughly 4 weeks in when he would bit, chew swallow. but i bet they are all different.

she'll still be getting the vitamins through sucking on food

x

Im pretty sure she swallowed some chicken today! :happydance: Only time amounts but still Im so proud. We shall see at poo time later!

x

we have had a bad week with Freddie and his teeth too hon, he has just cut his first 3 at once! he's off most food, i have been lightly steaming thick slices of pear, cooling them in the fridge and giving him those he has wolfed them down, its horrible when you can't really do anything to help:cry: first are the worst so they say?! hope so!!! xx

Elliot seems to like chomping down on things (he's got two teeth coming through at once I think...!!!). He seemed to favour crunchy celery at tea time. I'd offer a few different textures and let him chose :D

x

ive heard that for teething babies its good to give cucumber straight from the fridge, i guess its like a stick shaped teether lol

leyla still hasnt started teething, im dreading it!! shes doing soo well with her eating though, im well proud, we took her to pizza hut yesterday for her 7month birthday and she sat up to the table, in her portable highchair thingy, eating strips of vegetable pizza and cheesy bites, today there was a massive clump of spinach in her poo which deffo means she is swallowing now haha

she had an entire banana today, she smeared it on the tray, smushed it all up into her hands, then sucked it all out of her fingers lmfao

x

We had roast sweet potato chips with beans and cheese for tea. I don't know if Elliot ate any of the beans but he seemed to enjoy hitting them :D

x

omg you all sound like you are really having one hell of a blast with your bubbas!!! well done everyone and hope all that are teething aren't in too much pain :hugs:

sara

xxxxxx

omg you all sound like you are really having one hell of a blast with your bubbas!!! well done everyone and hope all that are teething aren't in too much pain :hugs:

sara

xxxxxx

I agree! Really looking forward to joining you guys in a few weeks! :D

sara

xxxxxx

I agree! Really looking forward to joining you guys in a few weeks! :D

:yipee: :happydance: :dance:

Elliot took about an hour and a half with lunch - cheese sandwiches, apple and spring onion, oh and a bit of humous.

I need some tasty ideas that aren't pasta. I might do a curry but make it mild? I could investigate doing a korma, normally do them with a tin of curry paste stuff. A jar of korma stuff probably has all sugar and salt and stuff in?

:( Will do some dhal once I get a new hand blender.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->