BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

i was going to try a curry at some point usually the supermarket home brand stuff is ok for sugar and salt etc, we have adsa tikka flavour and isnt so strong so i'm goin gto have a look, i know salt should be under 3.0g per 100g not sure about sugars. was thinking of adding a few bits of pineapple into it too, rosie will eat it so it wouldnt get wasted.

we've been on a picnic and rhys munched his way through beef sarnie, breadstick 2 apple rice cakes and a chocolate mousse as a treat.

for tea is shredded pork, baked sweet potatoes cut into wedges, and roasted parsnips,

if i'm ever stuck for things for him to eat with us i have some back up frozen child portion size mixed veg bags, they cook in minutes.

Has anyone tried cous cous? I'm hoping I can get it to stick together..... :D Thanks Helen - I'll try the tikka one :D

"The salt content is usually given as figures for sodium. Food that contains 0.6g of sodium, or more, in a 100g is a lot, and foods with 0.1g, or less, in a 100g, is a little." Is that the same as 3g per 100? I worry about salt, how much is actually dangerous and what does it do? Anyone know?

x

Their kidneys can't handle more than a gram of salt a day apparently - https://www.salt.gov.uk/babies_and_children.html if anyone is interested x

i dunno elm thats just what i read in the bible, ye sodium is what it says on the sides, i just try use my common sense, not that i have alot, but avoid cured meats and dont cook with salt etc,
if i give him sauces i usually make them from tinned tomato so.... was thinking i'd use a spoon cream or yoghurt some tomatoes and some tomato puree and sprinkle garam masala to spice it up a little bit, i'll oven cook a chicken breast use half for his little curry and the rest in the fridge for lunch the next day... off to explore recipe's now

i dunno elm thats just what i read in the bible, ye sodium is what it says on the sides, i just try use my common sense, not that i have alot, but avoid cured meats and dont cook with salt etc,
if i give him sauces i usually make them from tinned tomato so.... was thinking i'd use a spoon cream or yoghurt some tomatoes and some tomato puree and sprinkle garam masala to spice it up a little bit, i'll oven cook a chicken breast use half for his little curry and the rest in the fridge for lunch the next day... off to explore recipe's now

Ohh, fantastic idea - thanks!! I'm thinking of creme fraiche with some sort of pesto concoction now too! Would probably end up doing it with pasta though.

I use tinned tomatoes too and tomato puree to make it more tomatoey!

We had cous cous with vegetables (and ginger, cumin and tumeric + some baby veg stock) and home made garlic bread for tea. Elliot liked the garlic bread :yipee: it was sooooo strong, I can still taste it now!!!! The cous cous wasn't as messy as I expected it to be.

right girls im coming to you!

what kind of foods are good to start with
emily seems to only want to eat things if
they are infront of her and she can hold them
ive giving up with jars and spoons i think ....

im off shopping tonight and just need
some ideas

:hugs:

xx​

Cucumber, watermelon, broccilli, sweet potato to make into wedges, roast parsnip, apple. Those are good things to start with. Obviously you still need to avoid gluten and dairy for a few more weeks. Meadow loved parsnip when she first tried it.

most of those we buy weekly anyways
haven't tried her with sweet potato or watermelon
yet i shall have to put them on the shopping list
give me an excuse to make a roast as well

:happydance::happydance:

thankyou :hugs:

xx​

I am really excited and nervous at the same time to begin weaning Olivia in a few weeks, I really hope she enjoys food as much as me lol xx

My hv came last week for a 'weaning consultation' and in our area they have begun promoting BLW!!! She seemed quite excited when I told her I was planning to follow BLW and she loved the G Raply(sp) I showed to her. xx

:yipee: for more blw'ers!!! :D

Jenny, I wouldn't worry too much about what you give her now as she's not likely to eat anything for a bit - I'd just give her whatever veg you're eating.

Elliot's first food was spring onion :D x

archie is teething again so we opted for a nice cold salad tonight, some breadsticks and hoummous heres the result :)

https://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv184/archierobert/IMG_0431.jpg

https://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv184/archierobert/IMG_0430.jpg

lol, those pics are fab, i had to ditch the straps on the chair and just put the round his middle he couldnt sit forward enough.

Rhys had scrambled eggs for breakfast and wolfed the lot its def his fave, he fussed over lunch and we made homemade pizza for tea, he had his first oven chip too.

x

Go Archie!!!! He's so lovely :D

Elliot had -

A banana and rusk for breakfast (we don't do breakfast everyday yet, working up to it!)
Eggy bread (after seeing melbo's fb status), cucumber & pepper for lunch
Cardboard as an afternoon snack followed by a biscuit
Home made veg lasagne with potatoes for tea and a bread stick too

today Niamh had...

toast and porridge for brekkie
cheese sandwich, yogurt and fruit for lunch
shepherds pie for dinner

Raf i love your avator hehe i make rhys into santa claus or put bubbles on his nose makes him go boz eyed lol,

right curry..... i've got a sachet of baby curry sauce cow and gate one i begrudge buying them but thought i'd try and then pinch the ingredients off the back and do myself, but i've got some korma mix as well so going to roast a chicken and use some for a curry tonight and the rest for sarnies tomorrow as we're off to the beach.
x

Well I guess I'm going to be joining you within the nect few weeks so just thought I'd pop in and say hi to start with. I'm getting very excited at been able to start soon

archie had homemade pizza tonight but i thnk im overdoing the dairy a bit with him as he has a rash on his face. it doesnt seem to be bothering him but his cheeks seem a bit dry with tiny red spots

its either that or his fave tomatoes causing it

hi claire-lou

enjoy BLW messy but great fun

jack is lovely btw

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member