BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Meadow helped me finish off my falafel wrap at dinner time! :D

https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e188/sparkswillfly35/Picture1433.jpg
https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e188/sparkswillfly35/Picture1434.jpg
https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e188/sparkswillfly35/Picture1435.jpg
https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e188/sparkswillfly35/Picture1436.jpg

is he teething Louise Rhys's did that few days before his tooth came through.

Rhys had curry for tea :happydance: was a korma i put onions and mushrooms in it, i put a spoon of yoghurt and a spoon of double cream in it and mixed the rice in it too. i had to help him spoon it in a bit ut once he got going he was ripping the spoon out my hand and wolfed the lot lol he's a proper black country boy loving his ruby murray.

i gave him a mini roll bar for pudding hehe he's never eaten chocolate like that before omg he was hyper afterwards he was squealing laughing at rosie playing peek a boo under the highchair lol.. i had to put him straight in the bath he was covered in chocolate

They are such cute photos!!! :D

We'll be starting in a few weeks but figured I'd try to get organised - I've seen you ladies talking about the Bible but I'm clueless about which book this is! It'd be great to read up on what to do before jumping in! Thanks :hugs:

Baby Led Weaning by Gill Rapley.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-led-W...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251926903&sr=8-1

Just changed Meadows nappy and there was food in it! Ive never been so excited about poo before :D

Thank you and great news about the poo! :lol:

he is teething atm helen maybe thats it then

meadow is doing brilliantly sam she holds food even better than archie and hes been doing it weeks now, fantastic news on the poo

yay for food pooh :happydance:.

actually i'm worried we're going to the beach for the day tomorrow and rhys had curry for tea lol that'll be fun changing that in the back of the car :rofl:

I want to go to the beach!!! Forgot to get creme fraiche when I went shopping.

Just come here for a bit of a ramble to avoid posting in the other bit of this section, don't want to annoy or upset people. So hard sometimes after how well blw'ing is going for us.

Anyway... today Elliot 'had' baby rice and banana for lunch (he wasn't impressed, not sure if it was the baby rice or because it was a bit close to a feed - we're out of free baby rice samples now I think!!!) and falafals, fruit and rice cakes for tea.

I got some stir fry stuff to try out and some yogert so could use that for a curry thing... need to expand my repertoire!!!

I LOVE baby led weaning!!!
x

Just come here for a bit of a ramble to avoid posting in the other bit of this section, don't want to annoy or upset people. So hard sometimes after how well blw'ing is going for us.

Anyway... today Elliot 'had' baby rice and banana for lunch (he wasn't impressed, not sure if it was the baby rice or because it was a bit close to a feed - we're out of free baby rice samples now I think!!!) and falafals, fruit and rice cakes for tea.

I got some stir fry stuff to try out and some yogert so could use that for a curry thing... need to expand my repertoire!!!

x

hey hun, just wondering why you would annoy or upset people by celebrating how well your lo is doing??? are there alot of negative views on BLW? we're planning on doin it but so far everyone (except everyone on here and hv) have had bad things to say !! like i'll end up choking an my baby :cry:

sara

xxxxxxx

x

hey hun, just wondering why you would annoy or upset people by celebrating how well your lo is doing??? are there alot of negative views on BLW? we're planning on doin it but so far everyone (except everyone on here and hv) have had bad things to say !! like i'll end up choking an my baby :cry:

sara

xxxxxxx

my family were exactly the same! They thought I had gone mad.

Sometimes people are afraid to say things in the main forum for fear of being labelled a BLW pusher! I sometimes think that anyway

yeah i see what you mean!!! my family have been soo negative!! my nearly 2 year old niece still wont feed herself and wont eat things she has to chew - like meat french bread etc!! this is really what i wanna avoid!! cant wait to get messy and play with food with daisy !!!! still got a while to go yet but i'm sure it'll fly by!!! keep up the great fun everyone!!

sara

xxxxxxxx

i didnt tell my family its none of their bee's wax lol, i just say he eats what he eats now and thats it lol my mil jumped up like a prize pratt once giving it the he's choking malarki but he wasnt he just gagged and i had to explain the difference and thats the only time i've explained it, my oh was sceptic but unlike my daughter who is quite a fussy eater we dont want rhys to be fussy, this is why we chose blw in the end.

i have been to my hv for weeks because i've lost my red book lol but i wouldnt tell her anyway because they are quite negative about it and have rolled their eyes when i've mentioned it too. only time i've told anyone about blw'ing is when people have asked why he's chomping on a sandwich and i'm not unscrewing a stinky jar, and thats only been my friends on a couple of occasions.

all i can say is Rhys hand eye co-ordination is brilliant and i dont know many babies that eat the flesh off a sweet potato wedge and toss the skin to the side or eat the flesh off a tomato and leave the skin hehe.we don't have tantrums at the table either he just sits and plays and eats if he's hungry. also is never constipated

I was just getting a bit wound up by reading things that I don't personally agree with and wanting to say how fantastic blw'ing but without saying what I don't agree with is wrong if that makes sense?!

I know that some babies need food earlier than others but reading some of the posts I feel that they're weaning their babies too early... just my opinion and that of the 'bible'.... see, can't help myself.... Don't want to be upsetting people again....

I've been absolutely fine with people around me. My hv didn't bat an eye lid - said it was unicef approved so it's fine! My mum was a bit oh right about it but prepared him a plate of food when we went for tea and loved watching him eat :D (she was surprised that he's a vegetarian though.. like I'm going to be giving him meat when I don't agree with it.... he can decide he wants to eat it later on when he's able to choose - I'm fine with that!).

Elm i feel exactly the same i want to tell lots of people to try it but you have to hold your tongue on here, i weaned rhys at 4 1/2 months and then stopped and then about 5 1/2 months picked it up, when we went out he had a few spoons of banana and thats about all he had till we started blw. i think there are different extremes to weaning giving too much food too early.
next baby WILL be bf lol so i'm hoping he/she will get to 6 months.

rosie was bought up a veggie like me but i've started eating more meats so does she i just refused to buy it plus when i was single and at college i was on a budget and meat costs too much,
i hate hate hate lamb but craig loves it and rosie adores it and so does Rhys so would feel a bit bad refusing him having it, i have my veg burger when they have that but rhys likes them too, the chances are he will eat meat when he gets older even if its to try it, plus he'll see dp eating it too.

I don't think you did anything wrong with Rhys Helen x

My dp eats meat too... I don't tend to buy it or cook it though. It'll buy it occasionally if his ibs is bad and it's the only thing he can eat!!!

I got a tin of 'cheese and parsnip potato bake' (heinz baby food) for Elliot as it was 19p... think I'll give it to him for tea to see what he thinks. We're having chips from the chip shop and he's not having them yet... Don't think it'd be wrong to give him the odd one though? It's just that I'm hoping he'll be fast asleep in bed by the time I have tea :D

xxx

when we went to the seaside yesterday Rhys had a chip off my plate he literally snatched it off my plate lol he liked it though. :).

You have to have chips at the seaside - it should be a law :D

Having chinese takeaway at my parents tomorrow, does anyone know of any veggy non-salty things I can order? xxx

eta. think i'll ask that in the main bit too :) x

rhys has the prawn crackers and some egg fried rice but a plain chow mein i would give, its only noodles, onions and beansprouts, ask them not to season it as its for a young child and they should accomodate that
mmmmm chinky makes me hungry
You have to have chips at the seaside - it should be a law :D

Having chinese takeaway at my parents tomorrow, does anyone know of any veggy non-salty things I can order? xxx

eta. think i'll ask that in the main bit too :) x

was worrying about salt again... going to forget about it and trust myself not to over salt him!!!

thanks Helen :hugs: x

oh.... he really seemed to enjoy the tin of puree stuff!!! I had to cook him some pasta with tomato to give him a bit of variety though and he had bread and banana too. He seems to like chewing banana peel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->