BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Thanks! :cloud9: Just noticed her eyes are a bit lopsided in the photos, ah well! :blush:

I love all these photos of our LOs enjoying their grub! :happydance:

i have been giving dex food to play with. banana and cucumber. He couldnt look more disgusted at the banana and the cucumber just helps his teething.

I'm with Dexter. I think bananas are gross. My mum and OH persauded me to let Ruby play with some but she wasn't interested at all!

Sofia HATES banana! Ha ha, if I give her a chunk to play with she ignores it and when I put some in her semolina she was not impressed at all and refused it.

loving the photos of the girls loving their porridge!! but ohhhhhhhh the mess!!lol

i gave ern a piece of cheese on toast.........he was less than impressed!!lol

Sofia has started to get very stroppy if I don't give her food :shock: Both yesterday and today I went to put her down for a nap and she was making a noise I've not heard, wouldn't go down and when I headed back to the kitchen she started squealing with excitement. So I put her in her chair and she was giggling. I guess she's started to expect it? She had toast with home made apple compote on.

Again, yesterday and today we were out for lunch and she was trying to grab my food. Yesterday was ok she could have some sandwich but today we were at a kids party and it was all sugar filled crap... that Mummy was eating... :blush: so I guess I really have to start thinking about that.

Tonight she had avocado which she liked and then I had made homous and she went absolutely mad for it! I will have to video her, she makes the funniest face and noise when she likes something and wants to eat more.

She was eating the homous off corn cakes (like rice cakes) do you think that's ok? I mean, she was fine, they just get really soggy quickly so break up, but she rejected pitta bread.

i think corn cakes are fine as long as they're the reduced salt type. I love corn cakes and hummous, so chances are Ruby will be getting that combo soon too :)

dex is loving cucumber, think avocado will be next although i didnt like it when i was younger,

Loving the pics girls!

Violet is doing so well with her food, it's amazing how fast they realise what it is.. She gets so excited when she sees her high chair coming out :cloud9:

Shes so happy to try anything on her tray - this evening she had a good suck on a spring onion, she seemed to really enjoy that lol

I've also found that if she's tired and won't settle at lunch time then giving her some food whilst I have my lunch actually settles her and she'll then go to sleep as soon as she's out of her high chair. All advice says don't give food when they're tired but it seems to help with us :shrug:

yesterday ern had a piece of chicken breast to such on which he seemed to like!! Today i gave him half a breadstick earlier while we were sorting out the stuff for our samhain party-dont think it went down very well he looked at it,sucked it and threw it!!:haha:. He grabbed at my shortbread bat biscuit during the party so i let him have it-oooh that went down very well lol it just dissolved in his mouth,he loved it!!!

asda do prepared fruit packs- fingers of pineapple, fingers of mango, fans of watermelon, all for £1 each so i got some yesterday and put them in the friedge for ern. today he has had a piece of each and he loved it- he was sucking away on the watermelon when all of a sudden he let out a very loud "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" it made us all laugh!they are fab because they are just the right shape for him to hold and being out of the fridge they were lovely and cold on his gums!! defo get them again for him!!

Well since my earlier 'big lump vs small lump gagging' panic, I've chilled a bit and this week noahs had lots of different things to play with, most of which get wiped over the cheeks, down the chin and then down off the chair (which we were given and has a basket on the bottom. Yuk to grotty food bits collecting in there. Less mopping up I suppose!) He hasn't really seemed to majorly dislike anything yet but he seems to like cucumber and avocado the best. Probably nice on his gums. I will have to post some pics.

We had halloween tea yesterday and my MIL practically shoved me out of the way when she saw him with the cucumber and stood with her hand hovering to grab it off him. She was so close that he actually started to whinge and I had to point out that id whinge too if someone had their hand inches from my mouth while I was trying to eat!

Something I hope someone can help with. On Friday he spat up a piece of mango that he'd had about 6 hours before. It totally didn't bother him but is this ok?

Well since my earlier 'big lump vs small lump gagging' panic, I've chilled a bit and this week noahs had lots of different things to play with, most of which get wiped over the cheeks, down the chin and then down off the chair (which we were given and has a basket on the bottom. Yuk to grotty food bits collecting in there. Less mopping up I suppose!) He hasn't really seemed to majorly dislike anything yet but he seems to like cucumber and avocado the best. Probably nice on his gums. I will have to post some pics.

We had halloween tea yesterday and my MIL practically shoved me out of the way when she saw him with the cucumber and stood with her hand hovering to grab it off him. She was so close that he actually started to whinge and I had to point out that id whinge too if someone had their hand inches from my mouth while I was trying to eat!

Something I hope someone can help with. On Friday he spat up a piece of mango that he'd had about 6 hours before. It totally didn't bother him but is this ok?

He's doing really well! We BLW'd our daughter at 6 months and I think it's awesome! Katie's 27 months now and I'll do the same thing with our next one. A couple of times she almost choked but managed to cough the food round to the front of her mouth - the important thing is not to panic (you panic = baby thinks there's something to panic about and gets nervous about eating finger foods).

First time this morning of Violet having breakfast.. I really wasn't sure what to give her so when we went shopping yesterday I thought sod it and just got some 'baby friendly' cereal lol

So she had rice krispies with chopped up pear and banana covered in strawberry yogurt. Oh my god what a mess she made lol!

She seemed to enjoy it though (it did start off in a bowl...)

Attachments

• P1020674.jpg
    P1020674.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 14
She certainly looks like she's enjoying herself! :)

Yesterday Ruby munched away at some toast, which was good as when I'd offered it before she was not remotely interested. I put some Ella's kitchen apple and strawberry puree on it. I figured that was kind of like jam without all the added sugar :)

Violet looks like she's having a great time! :D

Claire I've been using fruit spread which you get in the same place as all the jams and stuff. It's basically mushed up fruit sweetened with grape juice instead of sugar so all natural. Read about it in the Anabel Karmel book I think.

I've now decided to trust myself instead of the silly HVs and doctors and I'm ditching the purees totally and just going with BLW although I'm a bit nervous. We were away for the weekend and ran out of home made purees (which she has at lunch time) and had to try her on another jar which she once again point blank refused. It's just such a hassle and I'm not convinced it's doing anything for her weight or that her weight is even a problem. I don't have anymore homemade stuff in the freezer so it seemed like a good stopping point. So yesterday when our friends served a chicken roast she had chicken and roast parsnip and loved it. She still won't eat carrot batons though.

I'm hoping to make her sweet potato wedges today with some chicken and cheese. Does anyone have any idea how long to cook the wedges for?

Violet had roast parsnip last night too and she loved it! I've never seen her go so made sucking on something lol

Haven't got a clue about sweet potatoes tho, I've never had them...

We're gonna try some scrambled egg today.. I've never eaten that either, I've always been an omelette person. Since weaning her, I've tried so much new food lol, it's an adventure for us both haha

Looks like everyones lo's are enjoying tasting grub!! Olivia is teething at the moment and is hardly touching food apart from a few bites but I still keep offering her some. Today we had jacket potato with cheese and beans and Olivia had a few nibbles on the cheese sticks and moshed the potato and beans into a pulp lol.

I use fruit spread of Olivias toast too and she loves it, though I try to use it every few days as she seems to be developing a sweet tooth already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->