BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

When did you all start BLW?

Niamh is 5 months this month, and I am still holding off on weaning her. We stopped BFing this week, and she seems to be going 2-3 hours between bottles and is quite interested in what I'm eating. (She'll watch me with her mouth open but hasn't made any motions to grab what I'm eating or start gumming or sucking when I'm eating. )

It's BLW for us. :) Though I might be making my own purees too. A lot of people are surprised that she hasn't had anything yet.I'm a health food freak too, and want to be able to control everything Niamh eats until she's old enough to decide for herself. I don't like the thought of jarred mush. :blush: Don't know if you guys have seen this article?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/...aby-food-has-more-fat-than-cheeseburgers.html

i started BLW with both of mine at 5months and 3 weeks.

Rhys never had purees but Ffion has purees for nursery and BLW at home

When did you all start BLW?

Niamh is 5 months this month, and I am still holding off on weaning her. We stopped BFing this week, and she seems to be going 2-3 hours between bottles and is quite interested in what I'm eating. (She'll watch me with her mouth open but hasn't made any motions to grab what I'm eating or start gumming or sucking when I'm eating. )

It's BLW for us. :) Though I might be making my own purees too. A lot of people are surprised that she hasn't had anything yet.I'm a health food freak too, and want to be able to control everything Niamh eats until she's old enough to decide for herself. I don't like the thought of jarred mush. :blush: Don't know if you guys have seen this article?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/...aby-food-has-more-fat-than-cheeseburgers.html

We started at 5 1/2 months, but he is only just starting to eat now. It is such a long process! I agree with you about the jarred stuff! Some of the girls here give some mushed food of there own to their BLW LO, so maybe they can help. Oliver has had no mushed up stuff at all, unless you count porridge and weetabix!
You'll find plenty of help, advice and support here hun. And BTW, you need your wits about you to do this method! Good luck hun, we are seriously enjoying it!

I think we'll have a go tomorrow then......:happydance:

Hi :hi:

Thought I would give an update on us!

So far Rebecca LOVES her toast and porridge in the mornings, she loves her porridge so much she hardly dribbles any onto her bib :rofl:

We are still trying BLW with some purees and up until this afternoon we were not having much luck with my homemade food as it turns out I was pureeing ( is that a word?!?!) it too much :dohh: she appears to like her food mashed, silly mummy, why didnt I know that!!

She has tried a lot of veg and fruit and even dribbled on a ickle cheese sandwich! Bought the baby stock cubes from boots today to use in our cooking so she can have some of what we are eating.

How would we go about getting this thread made a sticky??

Hi :hi:

Thought I would give an update on us!

So far Rebecca LOVES her toast and porridge in the mornings, she loves her porridge so much she hardly dribbles any onto her bib :rofl:

We are still trying BLW with some purees and up until this afternoon we were not having much luck with my homemade food as it turns out I was pureeing ( is that a word?!?!) it too much :dohh: she appears to like her food mashed, silly mummy, why didnt I know that!!

She has tried a lot of veg and fruit and even dribbled on a ickle cheese sandwich! Bought the baby stock cubes from boots today to use in our cooking so she can have some of what we are eating.

How would we go about getting this thread made a sticky??

Sounds like you're all doing fab hun!
Contact one of the mods if you want it making a sticky hun.

Is anyone on here doing PURELY blw, or are you all giving a bit of mash/puree etc.
We are doing it in it's purest form, but now I've seen that you're all giving mash etc, I'm starting to doubt myself. We've tried porridge and weetabix, but with giving him the spoon loaded - it was a disaster! Should I just stick it out?
Tezzy, what did you do?

We arent as you know. Dont doubt yourself honey. I was only thinking this morning I'm kind of regretting not sticking to pure BLW. The down side (for me) of the mashed/pureed stuff is that she's dropped BFs way quicker than she would without them. I really wanted her to be having much more BM still at this point but hey ho we are changing things round a bit but trying not to go back wards!!

Is anyone on here doing PURELY blw, or are you all giving a bit of mash/puree etc.
We are doing it in it's purest form, but now I've seen that you're all giving mash etc, I'm starting to doubt myself. We've tried porridge and weetabix, but with giving him the spoon loaded - it was a disaster! Should I just stick it out?
Tezzy, what did you do?

I kinda wish I had stuck to just BLW but Rebecca is too used to her porridge in the morning now and would hate to stop that but...........

I think Rebecca might actually force me to do the pure BLW route as today she really enjoyed eating steamed parsnips and courgette and wasnt interested in her mashed food at all :shrug:

Tezzy, what did you do?

rhys never had any purees what so ever, no mash, no porridge, no spoonfeeding of any kind and ffion only ever has purees at nursery, shes purely blw at home just like rhys was. rhys never had coutlery until after ffion was born (around 18 months) and when i eventually gave them to him he was old enough to understand that they were for eating with not for playing with, i wont be giving ffion coutlery until she is around 18 months because most of rhys' friends who started with spoons at 6months STILL play with their spoon when they eat. thats just my experience im not saying that people shouldnt give spoons etc.. i just wont.

I kinda wish I had stuck to just BLW but Rebecca is too used to her porridge in the morning now and would hate to stop that but...........

You cant take porridge off a little Scottish bairn!! :lol:

Dont give her a knife and fork any time soon or they'll be crossed on the floor while she does a jig :winkwink:

Bless her - Hebe loves her porridge too :D

Dont give her a knife and fork any time soon or they'll be crossed on the floor while she does a jig :winkwink:

Bless her - Hebe loves her porridge too :D

Ok that actually make me choke on my cup of tea!!!!

Why do I feel like I'm stalking you tonight.........:rofl:

Ps - I am not Jock-ist......my grandad was a Glaswegian so it was one Scottish jibe after another when we were little.....:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->