BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Ern may be the most adorable baby I have ever seen. I am a sucker for redheads. My OH's hair was that red when he was little and people where forever touching it and saying he should be on tv. Do people do that to Ern. I am very sad that Dex didn't get the red hair although it defo has a red twinge in the sunlight. I was hoping his hair would be like this.

https://www.football-pictures.net/data/media/353/Brown_face.jpg

awww thank you that is very kind :hugs: He does get random people coming over and commenting on his hair,how gorgeous it is!!

awww is that your oh? he does have lovely hair:thumbup:

haha, no that is a famous footballer that has ginger hair. I thought dex might have come out like that (a black ginger baby) but alas he didn't. this is my OH

taken 2 or 3 years ago:

https://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v134/231/86/546841223/n546841223_516220_4394.jpg

him now

https://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs184.snc1/6160_108388862882_517752882_2310364_5362641_n.jpg

Aw would have been sweet if Dex had gingery hair, maybe it will get more of a ginger tinge to it later on :).

Those pics make me wish it was sunny so much!

Enjoying reading this topic... it's making me want to do the BLW thing more and more!
Any tips on how to convince the OH?

Get him to read the book, my Oh wasn't convinced 'til I started reading him bits out of it :).

When giving your baby a loaded spoon, do you pass it to them or put it on the table infront of them? Freya is not so good at getting it in her mouth from the table, she puts the wrong end in of gets it in her eye :dohh: she then gets frustrated that it won't go in the right place. Don't know whether to pass it to her and hope she gets the hang of it or leave it on the table, letting her get annoyed but maybe she will find it easier more quickly?

Hm don't know.

Agree with Kirsten, get him to read the book!
I was lucky with my OH, he was happy to go along with what I wanted. I still read him tons from the book though lol

With regards to the spoon, I just hold it up in front of her with the food facing me. I hold it near her hand so all she has to do is reach out a little bit and when she grabs it, it's right near the food... And then the way she puts it in her mouth is just moving her hand backwards iyswim? The food is still facing up that way and doesn't fall off and as her hand is right near the food, she misses her mouth less. Still get the occasional in eye and up nose tho :lol:

Thanks, when I hold it out to her I have been facing the food towards her, but I was thinking it was a bit too easy for her, lol, so I will try it like that. :D

Thought it might be easier to show a pic of her holding spoon.
So I'm facing her but hold the spoon so the food's facing me, and she'll grab it like she has in the pic :thumbup:

Attachments

• 11446_1254327350542_1000317969_30795671_5381535_n.jpg
    11446_1254327350542_1000317969_30795671_5381535_n.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 10
So you point the spoon at you and she turns it round? Or pointing at her. :wacko: It's confusing!

Lovely pic btw, she is mega cute :)

Lol sorry didn't mean to confuse you :lol:

I basically hold the spoon the direction it is in the pic, with the food facing away from her.

Then all she has to do is bring her arm back towards her mouth and if anything, the food will face up so can't fall off.

As long as she grabs the spoon with her hand the right way round (like we'd hold a cup, with the thumb up) then it tends to work majority of the time.

If she grabs the spoon furher down the handle, away from the food then she struggles.

lucy, I just explained the beneift to DH and he was happy - to be honest I think he's just happy to leave me at it! :lol:

With the spoon, I tend to hold it in front of her so it's side on rather than pointing at her if you know what I mean. Then it's up to her if she grabs and and puts it in her mouth. Having said that, I do keep my hand on the spoon as she has a tendancy to fling the spoon across the room when she's finished with it!

Lucy, I just told my OH the basics and he agreed. He's also read bits of this thread too, lol. Good luck!

Oh and I hold a loaded spoon in front of Ruby and she just grabs it. She'd be chasing it round the table for days. Plus she eats best on my lap and the table is too high :(

haha, no that is a famous footballer that has ginger hair.
:blush:oops!! I am a total div where football is concerned!!!lol we were in frankie and bennies for my bday and my hubby got all excited and said "ooh theres gordon banks" and im like...er who????? he was the england goalie in the 66 world cup, used to play for stoke and he lives round here im like okayyyyy:shrug:

im loving your hair in the 1st pic :thumbup:

we had sausages and home made chips for tea today and ern loved it!!

Ruby did well today at lunch at my mum's! She had strips of the crust of fresh bread dipped in carrot soup, she loved and I heard a fair few swallows! She seems to do well when we're out for some reason, she isn't often very interested when it's just me and her, doh.

Ruby did well today at lunch at my mum's! She had strips of the crust of fresh bread dipped in carrot soup, she loved and I heard a fair few swallows! She seems to do well when we're out for some reason, she isn't often very interested when it's just me and her, doh.

Sounds just like me and Olivia hun. She seems to eat fab in front of everyone else but when it is just me and her she has a few chews and swallows then becomes bored :dohh:

Oh good glad it's not just me! I think my problem is I try and make her sit in her highchair at home when she would rather just sit on my lap. I think I'll ditch the highchair for now, I guess some babies just don't like them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->