BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Gave Joshua a chunk of banana on his highchair this evening while we were having our dinner. He touched it and his face was again hilarious... it was sliding everywhere. The concentration on his face was the cutest. :) Was trying not to watch him cos it would put him off but it was hard cos he looked so cute!

What a mess we both made...i had a play with him to! LMAO can't wait till we're doing it properly. Think I'm gonna enjou the mess

I'm glad things are looking promising! He's obviously interested in food bless him

Not sure if this is a fluke but for the past few days I am sure Olivia keeps trying to share her food with me? She will take a few bites of whatever she is having then will hold it out toward me with her hand and will keep it there until I have a bite :$

Aw, that's cute! So you end up eating soggy half eaten food, lol!

Went out to lunch with my friends from antenatal class today, and Ruby grabbed a noodle and a piece of mange tout off my plate, which she liked.

Not sure if this is a fluke but for the past few days I am sure Olivia keeps trying to share her food with me? She will take a few bites of whatever she is having then will hold it out toward me with her hand and will keep it there until I have a bite :$

Aww so cute but so gross haha!!
I've noticed Violet keeps "giving" me her toys and then I've got to give them back again.. Not sure if they start doing this yet though or if it's just a fluke in both cases?? Still cute though, regardless :flower:

Went out to lunch with my friends from antenatal class today, and Ruby grabbed a noodle and a piece of mange tout off my plate, which she liked.

Has she started to regain her interest in food now? Are the other mums doing BLW at all? Even though my parents and OHs parents know we're doing BLW, they still seem to really watch her and she never eats as well in front of them as she does when it's just us 3 :dohh:

she never eats as well in front of them as she does when it's just us 3 :dohh:

This is the same for us, Freya never eats well when I want to show people! I think she knows, lol.

She is swallowing loads now, we are getting plenty of nappy evidence :sick: but like we were discussing on here ages ago, it's not bits of stuff so much as a general change of consistency/smell/colour (sorry!).

I actually gagged when I changed her nappy tonight, and I have never done that before! It was like adult poo :sick: I am not impressed with that!!

I am so proud of her though, she is loving eating, she just seems to enjoy it so much.

:cloud9:

Aww go Freya!! That's great to hear :happydance:

I love seeing how happy Violet is when she's got food, it's moments like that which confirm 110% that BLW was most definately the right choice for us, it's so rewarding :cloud9:

Has she started to regain her interest in food now? Are the other mums doing BLW at all? Even though my parents and OHs parents know we're doing BLW, they still seem to really watch her and she never eats as well in front of them as she does when it's just us 3 :dohh:

Not really...although to be honest I think the problem is with the highchair (we're ordering a new one at the weekend). We've never managed to get her into a position to be able to pick up food rather than be handed it, and I think she's rather pick it up herself...but the new highchair will sort that out. Also Ruby does better with ring shaped bits of food than sticks which I only realised yesterday.

None of the other mums are doing BLW and I can tell they don't know what to make of the idea! However one of the other babies pretty much refuses spoon feeding still, over a month after starting, so I wonder what'll happen there. We were out at lunchtime so the other babies were being spoon fed, and do you know what, they didn't seem to eat much of their purees at all. One baby took maybe 4 baby spoonfuls? So maybe our BLW babies are not eating so much less than spoon fed ones after all. :shrug:

I never really thought about how much a spoon fed baby eats, I don't know any other babies at this age really.

4 spoons isn't very much though, what do they do with the rest of the food? Surely there's more than that in a jar if they're using them?

They were using those pouches of food , Plum and Ella's Kitchen. Most of it got thrown in the bin. But presumably when they're at home they can put in the fridge and use the rest within 24 hours or something. The food looked and sounded yucky, spinach and apple puree anyone?

:sick: Bet that was very green!

Freya is still loving her raspberries, she gets so excited when she sees them! Lol. My mum and sister are coming over for sunday lunch this weekend, I lent my mum the bible, but she is still a bit unsure that Freya is eating anything, we will show them! :)

I guess I am just going to have to learn to love the soggy food, she isnt fooled by pretend bites lol.

Hope the sunday lunch goes well for you and Freya x

Would you believe that my o/h gave Olivia some babybel chesse with half the wax still attached!!

LOL countingdown, Ruby loves babybel, she eats more of them than anything else really.

Kirsten I'm lending my mum the bible too. She has been trying hard to be supportive of BLW but yesterday she started saying stuff like 'I spoon fed you and didn't do you any harm.' :(

Yeah I get that Claire, I find it very hard to talk to my mum about it properly, as obviously she did what she thought was the best thing for me and would not like to be told that I think this is the best thing.

Ah well.

I think they'll be eating (haha) their words in a few weeks/months.

I reckon my mum will be sold after reading the bible, and it did help when I told her that the World Health Organisation says that it is possible for a baby to thrive on milk alone until they are 2 years old!

I am another one thats lending mum the Bible...LOL...trying to convince her...

Immy had porridge this morning..would not let me put it anywhere near her had to do everything herself...very messy but she loved it..She also ate loads of brocolli yesterday...yay..it's going great!!!!!!

dex is really getting into the eating again and his hourly feed growth spurt is dting down. i made him some baby wheat free rice stars today and made a stock of the baby stock cubes and the dreaded baby rice to make it thick so he could spoon feed himself. he loved it. he had broccoli, sweet potato and carrots to go with it. a nappy with broccoli is very gross, some of the bits he is swallowing are huge. i may put the rice star recipe on the sticky thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->