BLW question

pigginteacher

Mum of 2
Reaction score
When my LO is ready I want to do BLW but I wanted to know how u get started. Do u jump into 3 meals a day straight away or do you do the same as TW and just start with one meal and then build up?? Also do you just keep up with milk feeds as normal and then allow your LO to drop them when they are ready? Do you give milk before they eat?? At the mo my LO has 4 milk feeds a day, roughly the same time but they dont really fit around our meal times so I'm just wondering how this will work with BLW. I know she is only 4 months and a lot can change in the next couple of months but I like to be prepared. Would be interested to see someones routine who has just started BLW. Thanks xx

Do u jump into 3 meals a day straight away or do you do the same as TW and just start with one meal and then build up??

I started with lunch at 6 months and was on 3 meals by 7 months. Your LO will probably not actually eat anything for a while and when they do they will just take what they need from the food you offer, so there's no worry of overfeeding.

Also do you just keep up with milk feeds as normal and then allow your LO to drop them when they are ready?

We have, yes. Ellie used to have 6 bottles a day and roughly 25oz but is now down to 4-5 bottles and 20oz.

Do you give milk before they eat??
At first I did. Now her rhythm works something like this:

8am: Breakfast
10am: Bottle and nap
12pm: Lunch
2pm: Bottle and nap
5pm: Bottle
6pm: Tea
7pm: Bottle and bed

Occasionally she wakes in the night and take another bottle.

Well unless things change my LOs routine is:

6.00am - 7flz
11.00am - 7floz
3.00 pm - 7floz
7.00pm - 7 floz

So I think her meal times will fit in quite nicely between these milk feeds to start with. I suppose I will just alter them as her abillity to eat solids improves x

i've only been blw for a week, but this is what i've done.

i offer food at each meal time (a bit of what we have generally, though cheese & soft bread have both made her sick, so leaving those for a couple of weeks). bella "plays" with it generally & sticks food in her mouth & sucks it, if she likes it, she carries on, if she doesn't, or can't be bothered, she moves onto something else on her try. sometimes she inadvertedly swallows some (we've seen the evidence in her nappy!).

she's taking her bottles when she wants them & hasn't cut down on them yet. i wouldn't expect her to, seeing as she's not really eating food at the moment :)

xx

I just give ds2 a little bit of my food and let him play with it. He's 9 months now and I've been giving him things on his tray since 7 months and he still doesn't eat more than a taste. Which is fine, because he doesn't need food yet and this is just learning for him. I won't drop any feeds for him, he will do that on his own when he's ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->