BnB Poler Bears

No iv never done it before but in the first lesson I was just practising kick ups but they were pathetic! Then I switched sides and found it so much easier so I could kick up n get my foot to touch the pole but I dont no what im doing when I get up there ha! But I couldn't do anything properly cos my muscle was killing ill be pretty excited if I can get upside down next week! Mayb iv found something im actually good at ha :p

Wow bbfk that's a lot in 2 lessons! Have you done this before? People can take months to invert. I can't after 3 months. I've only done it once, haven't managed again!

I've had a good week too even though pole was cancelled again. My spins are waaaay better. I've nailed my first routine so I'm moving onto another.

It must vary a LOT between different teachers. If I'd spent months working up to invert I probably would have got bored and quit :haha: I hate spins and did an invert on my first lesson!

Yeah I suppose it depends on the person aswel thers 3 other girls that all started in July and 2 of them are really advanced but the other girl hasnt inverted yet.
I did some spins and stuff on Thursday I dont mind them but not as fun as actually getting on the pole! :p

I think I actually prefer spins but it's the dizziness that gets me :rofl: fail!!!

How do you lot begin your inverts? Are there different ways?

We just stand hold on with both hand then kick up the outside leg first then hook on with the inside leg if that makes sense I have seen people do it where they pull themselves up really slowly instead of kicking up but they must be strong ha I need the momentum to get up ther!
Do you guys do like flexibility stuff? We do like intense stretching but my flexibility is sooo crap I really need to work on it!

I dunno how to post a link but if you put pole dancing invert into YouTube the first video shows the correct and incorrect way to invert but we do it the incorrect way apparently ha

Just had a look and yes, that's how we are supposed to do it, crunch then kick up. I remember a girl did the improper way and the instructor was having none of it! Maybe that's why I struggle, cause it's hard :(

Is anyone coming up to the Scottish pole convention next year?

Where/when is it AP? I'd love to go!

I kick up to invert, never been taught any other way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuYSt_xIwvc&feature=youtu.be

Yeah thats how we do it char it definitely looks harder the other way tho!

It's in April, the early bird tickets are cheaper just now. Looks awesome. I'll try invite ya on fb x

Eta: I think it worked :rofl: if you email Anne you could discuss accommodation. It mentions £10 a night but I don't know what or where.

I kick up to invert as well, I'm working on the proper way but haven't got the strength yet.

Ah I would love to go to a pole convention, shame it's so far. I'm going to the UKPPC next month though :)

I finally managed the wrist sit feed through (to leg hangs) last Monday and then did it one handed. I've been working on it for a few weeks and it finally clicked.

Cheers AP, got the invite!

If i was further north id be there in a shot but im right down in the south west so as far away as possible :haha: Gonna have a look into it though!

Get a wee cheap choo choo or a plane :rofl: A weekend holiday poling! C'moooonnnn :rofl:

8 hour train journey, 4 changes, £180 each way. Don't think i'm gonna make it :( :haha:

Oh man
I went to another class last night more aimed at the beginners, I managed to invert a few times, perhaps more like you guys as it wasn't my normal instructor (she prob would have told me to behave :rofl:) but my back aches for it now :( I think I pulled something and after trying so hard at pole sits I am now John Wayne. Ouch!!!

Oh dear but no pain no gain ;) its good you inverted tho! Hopefully I will on Thursday :) gunna stretch at home as well so I don't pull anything this time! Any tips on getting more flexible? Im really not anymore I can just about touch my toes ha

Just keep doing your stretches everyday and it will come :)

I am really happy with how I did today, we did a combo and I managed it all (not well but I hadn't done any of the moves before :lol:) It was inverting split grip into butterfly (not inverting and then going into split grip) to flatline to superman. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow because my arms are so sore already :lol:

Wooooooo! Well done RedLily!

I'm going back today. My back still kinda hurts from Monday night. Ouch.
And its the usual instructor. Shes tough :rofl:

I think I am having issues with having different poles though. Class has a chrome 50mm but I have a 45mm titanium gold. So different sizes and grips :/ I can grip with my legs better on the 50mm but the 45mm....ouch :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->