• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**BnB's Pram-a-holics Unite**

I was looking at the Babystyle Oyster earlier... thought I'd see what everyone was raving about. It has one feature that's a complete deal-breaker for me though - that you have to remove the seat unit to fold it. If you're regularly taking it in and out of the car that would drive me up the wall, which is a shame cos it's otherwise pretty wonderful!

I also looked at the bugaboo bee, but can't justify the pricetag unless my lotto numbers come up later :cry:

I'm leaning towards the M&P Luna, but am worried by bad reviews I've read - can anyone put in a good word for it, or make other suggestions? My list of requirements is:

Lightweight - but stable enough to carry a little shopping and a changing bag
Compact fold (also not too long - boot length is about 102cm)
Comfortable for LO (almost 9 months but small for age)
Reclining (currently using Quinny Zapp and he slides down)
Nice to push (used to have Hauck Shop N Drive which was had to be hauled, creaking round every corner)
Easy to fold and take in and out of car boot - I can't get anywhere without driving first.
I wanted a nice looking one - I prefer the styling when they have fewer chunkier components than lots of spindly bits, but I've given up on that existing and fitting in with the other requirements

I didn't think what I want was that unusual, but it doesn't seem to exist anywhere, and I'm increasingly nervous about choosing anything since my first two pushchairs have been slightly crap. :wacko:

maclaren techno xt? or xlr?

My sister has just bought a techno xt and it's lovely, but too long for our boot :nope:

how about a quest or triumph? it doesnt recline as far but should be enough for a 9 month old?

I love the idea of having a maclaren, as they are local to me, but their pushchairs are all umbrella folds, and I'm yet to find one that is short enough to fit in my boot folded, unless you count the £20 jobbies!

youve been misinformed with the Oyster, it *does* fold with the seat on and in both facings!

Funnily enough that was teh feature that sealed the deal for me, as a regular bus user i needed something that folded in one piece and would still do rear facing.

:dohh::dohh:
I have the Oyster and I had no idea you can fold it without taking off the seat unit. Oooops :blush: That would be so much easier when there's a food shop in the boot. Thanks :thumbup:

I'd love to be a pram-a-holic but I can't afford it :nope: I'd absolutely love a Bugaboo Chameleon and I wish I'd invested in one from the start but there's no way I can justify that much money now. So, as I'm ttc #2 I'm now thinking about a double pram. I don't want a side-by-side one and am edging towards the Icandy but is it really as suitable for LO's of different ages as it is for twins? I also like the Britax dual one. Does anybody have either of these and what do you reckon to them?

I saw the baby jogger city select the other day and I thought it would be a great double. Although it's a bit pricey, with the different seat options I thought it would be great for two LO's of different ages, without being massive.

So I'm slowly turning into a proper pramaholic.. :D I'm in love with the Luna Mix and really really want it!! Has anyone got it and how do you like it?

I think if you go to the babystyle website there should be a demo vid that shows you how its done

i have had experience of double buggys. IMO go for something light. i had a big bebeconfort one that i could put a carrycot and seat on and it was sooooooooo heavy that i soon endeed up geting an aria twin - much lighter and easier to steer! i love the look of the icandy one though!

So far, I have 2 prams I am considering. The Mothercare Spin, and the Silvercross Surf. Ideally, my pram should fit the following criteria:

4 wheels

Light weight

Bus friendly

Converts from lying flat, to upright (no additional carrycot, I don't have the space for it!)

Doesn't need to have a car seat which clips into the chasis, I plan on leaving the car seat in the car!

Option to face both ways

Budget is £500

I would be really grateful for your help Ladies! x :flower:

LdS39- bebeconfort loola does all except maxicosi compatible (as far as i know)

The Loola is compatible with the Maxi Cosi now but needs adaptors :thumbup: I have a Creatis and a Maxi Cosi and much prefer the Creatis although Mailie's only used it once :blush: it was Noah's though so got plenty of use, lays flatter and is more snug!

ohh hello, I forgot about this thread!!

I now have a bee plus! and I LOVE it! Not that it gets used an awful lot though:dohh:

I currently have batman fabrics being made for it ready for the winter from Poshbugs, cannot wait! I'm having a liner/footmuff reversible, hood and a pram bag made in it! :happydance:

:thumbup:

im hoping i get to ditch the double pushchair soon and want a nice light ( need to be able to take on the airplane ) but sturdy single, ive sold my Ultima that i loved caus it was a full travel system and Ds2 outgrew the infant seat and carrycot and it was going to be too big to keep, id like something that folds small and ligth as will need to get it up and down 2 flights of stairs all the time but needs to be sturdy ( ds2 is already over 20lbs )and if possible able to fix a buggy board to for my ds1

my maclaren quest has survived the airplane treatment well and is nice and light. fits buggyboard too.

how small does the Luna Mix fold? I need a compact fold pushchair to take away as car boot is small and will need some room in car for bags and stuff. Looking at Petite Star Zia and Luna Mix...any help ladies.... :)

LOL I am on my 3rd buggy in a WEEK!

I have had loads lately and am hoping that i am now finished with my addiction,

In the last week there has been - Buzz 4 - Lulu Guiness Butterflies stroller & today i won a Bugaboo Bee, so the Buzz & the stroller are being sent back :rofl:

I have always wanted a bugaboo, and just won a Bee with 2 hoods for £137.. Now from what i have seen thats a good price so i am chuffed.

how small does the Luna Mix fold? I need a compact fold pushchair to take away as car boot is small and will need some room in car for bags and stuff. Looking at Petite Star Zia and Luna Mix...any help ladies.... :)

The petite star zia is quite small, I'm only 5" 5 and the handles are a bit low for me. I got the Quinny buzz instead, I want a luna mix now too! haha x:blush:

I got the Zia but got one with the adjustable handles so it's ok :)

I'm liking it for now but I am still after the Luna Mix...hoping a bargain comes up on ebay I can grab :) x

Oh great we'll probably be against each others in a biding war! lol I'm selling my quinny to get one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->