• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bonfire Babies!! **DRMGDLOOoooooo**

Oh Liz -wish I'd seen that, I wonder if it's on demand or if I can download it! You are lucky that you have support and espec others in the same position-I find more and more I am getting 'Are you STILL feeding? and Dont you think its time you put him on a bottle??' NO!! -At least at the moment I tell them that I want to continue for ease when on hols and that shuts them up a for a while. I am supposed to get extra breaks at work for pumping but my manager knows I am still bfeeding and has not mentioned it (in fact she looked shocked when I said I was still feeding him! ), and I feel that I cant mention it after all the time off I have had etc -It might mean pumping in my dinner /tea breaks etc!

I have to do ALL the legwork where our hols are concerned too Liz lol - dave is terrified of flying and would rather not plan or think about it at all - so I have to co-ordinate the dogs kennels, up ot date vaccinations, flights, transfers, hotel, do all the research to make sure the resort is nice, etc with NO help from him -then I spend the next few months worrying that it'll be crap and it will be my blame haha, and also sympathise with hubby not booking annual leave -Dave forgot to put in for Easter off and the October school week, never remembers any occasions unless I send him multiple texts and emails to his work lol

Hope Dylan is feeling better and that that tooth comes in quick, we have a first top one (has 2 bottoms now) coming in soon -wee hard white gum, rosy cheeks and drooling, grumbling and a bit of a high temp here too.

Nat enjoy Brighton, hope your weather brightens up again. Dawson hated tummy time too, even now when he crawls it is just until he can pull himself up against something and walk. Does Jody get a bit miffed when Roo only wants you? Dave does! but then I am there all day every day so its only natural I s'pose -nice to hear that other babies are being clingy just now too tho' Am sure that when I return to work Deej will suddenly find daddy so much more intriguing and I'll be in here moaning about losing my wee mummy's boy to him haha fingers crossed anyway!! I am so worried about him being upset when I am not there :(

Anyway, Dawson was weighed today -19lb 10oz - I have not seen my HV since he was 3 months and that was only in the passing to say 'sorry she'd missed my 6 weeks post natal check and she'd catch up with me at 4mnths for weaning advice!!!!' Still never seen her today but just out of interest -Do you ladies have any reviews with the health visitor ever??? With my other 3 kids we had 8month reviews with both HV and GP.
I am not concerned about him at all, but still!!

Anyhoo -night ladies, hope everyone gets some sleep, I am gonna be up mega early lol - Dawson was in bed before 7pm tonight

xxx

Donna, the show should be on bbc iplayer at some point. And you should join the group on fb 'the leaky b@@b', its a support network as such. Only just joined so don't know much about it. One of the topics on the show last night was the 'are you still bfeeding' bit... then she went to see a 5 & 3 year old and had made judgements before she turned up but then changed her mind afterwards. I don't get the question too much, but dh did say tonight well he'll be off the boob soon anyways... and I'm like 'really? whens that?' and he was like well at a year... so we'll see. Once I hit a year I might be like, 'well it really should be a year adjusted age' so that might buy me another 6 weeks :) Hope to get buy with just morning and evening feeds and then just water during the day for him at nursery as don't plan to pump at work... will just be too awkward in the enviro I'm in... I know they'd be really supportive but I just don't want everyone knowing my business.

sorry to hear your hubby puts you through the same in regards to hols... when will they learn! Its hard work!! and then of course if something goes wrong its my fault as well!! I do all the bills etc and If I misplace something like a credit card or whatever I'll be like, have you seen x? and dh will say its wherever you left it... but if it is reversed and I say that to him, he gets really huffy and then I find whatever we are missing!

and dylan is really clingy too... starts crying when dh holds him and arms outstretched to come back to mummy. Really sad to see him poorly with the teething but it was nice to get lots of cuddles today on the sofa... I don't ever want my baby to grow up.

we had an 8 month home visit review with hv, thought it was a waste of time!!! she was surprised we were still feeding and then made me feel like our random co-sleeping was awful and had to crack it with persevering with letting him cry it out.... So I just ignored everything she said and haven't been to hv since.

Well off to bed, hoping everyone has a good night! x

Ooh leaky b@@b - going to go there now !! ta for that

And talking of leaky boobs haha -13 hrs at work with no feeding, OW!!! very full leaky b@@bs here haha, Deej was fab though - only took about 7 oz milk all day from daddy and big sis but I fed him at 6am before I left and then again at 8pm when I got home and he seemed happy enough. Went to bed without a tear tonight too, and looked so happy to see me .Aww so cute xxxx I reckon I'll be feeding tonight but hey ho, I dont mind -give me the chance for another cudle, God I really missed him, how sad am I??

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx love to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello ladies :)
thought i'd pop on and say hi since I have a few hours to myself as Lou (DD) has taken Dawson out to the park.

Can hardly believe that he is nearly 9months already -doesn't time really go by fast? The last few months (certainly weeks anyway haha) of pregnancy seemed to linger forever in my case; and now he is 9 months old already and in the blink of an eye too!!

Work was fine, infact was nice to not talk baby for awhile lol and get some adult conversation going instead. Was scary though, I suddenly was aware that I had been off SO long an dwas worried about remembering things!! - I am supernumeray for a few shifts to make sure I am upto date with training and up to date with the life support machines etc, so it was fine!

First shift was day shift and deej and daddy had a fab day; second shift was night shift and was a disaster for daddy! Hell mend him though!!! He sits up half the night on the ps3 / and or cracked.com on pc and lifts him every time he squirms and then goes to bed at 4am expecting him to cooperate - haha silly man, should have paid more attention the past 8months. I go in when he awakens and lay him back down with little fuss and the night I leave him he is up every hour grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and then downstairs at 5am lol - meant he had a nice hour nap with me when I came home haha, then another in the afternoon too; so I shouldn't complain haha. I was so tired though and by the wed evening (when I had been awake for 36+ hours bar the two hour naps) I was totally shatered and what does hubby do -Skulks off to bed early cos he's tired as he was up with Dawson the previous night WTF???????? I was too tired to even argue if I am honest, but had to wait on my other boys coming in and then got to my bed at 10pm (40 hrs awake and totally zombified by then). Hubby says I should have just gone to bed too, when he did at 7pm when Deej went down- what if the other boys had not come home from out playing, or had fallen off their bikes or anything??? Stupid man!!!

Grrrr - not my favouite person at the moment, as you can imagine!!! 2 night shifts this week too.
We'll see how that goes!!

Anyway toodles just now need to make dinner xxxxx

glad work isnt as bad as you thought donna, im back tomorrow and got my placement, iv been in the hospital and in the childrens dept before and they do 12 hour shifts which is good for childcare but means i wont see my baby from morning or night :cry: 3 in a row will be murder!

men are so dramatic aren't they!!! my dh pulls that crap all the time. We put their 'i'm tireds' to shame!!

on the plus side Dylan has cut 3 teeth now (2 bottom & 1 top) Time is of course flying by too quickly (still).

we've had a lovely (hardly) easter weekend with the inlaws which comprised of mil teasingly threatening to run off with dylan and fil who doesn't speak to me..... can't wait for their next visit I tell you!!! and when I try to talk to dh about it he gets all defensive! well I'm sick of mil calling dylan HER baby and they took dylan for a walk in the buggy and were gone for at least an hour and a half and were gone right through lunch, when I started to tell rob to text them the text response was 'we took him into town' which of course they didn't but why would they think that is funny???? and then when they came back and I was making comments about missing his lunch time, mil kept saying to dylan... ' you woke up just in time to have your lunch, perfect timing'.....ffs!!!!

and what does dh tell me about it..... 'man up' thanks honey! grrr

hoping this week is nice, dh is off for the week and we are looking at buying a house (our first) so exciting!!! and scary!! how did you guys know when it was the right house? off to sort a mortgage tomorrow and hopefully get a second viewing on our fav house.

xxxx

Goodluck for today Gemma -Long days are murder but at least we get more days of per week -so they have some good qualities ;) I only have to do 2 a week now though so easier for me, but I used to do fulltime, which in my hospital was 13 shifts per month and the 4 day week was especially bad, even without a 6 month old.Feel your pain hun! Will Libby be up in the morning before you go or still up when you get in at all? Because I am still breastfeeding, Deej has to be wakened in the am for feeding and is waiting on me at bedtime so at least I do see him, if only fleetingly and tbh NOT in the best of moods. And on night shifts, I am not putting him into child care so have him all day still zzzzzzzzzzzz -You cannot possibly do that and full time though!! Who's watching Libby for you?

How long have you left of your course to go? It will fly pass!! As time seems to be getting quicker all the time haha; and then it will be so worth it. Presuming you are at uni first, befor your palcement so enjoy being back at school lol xxx

Liz, 3 teeth so quickly -poor little Dylan must have had a sore mouth -we are still waiting on the first top one :)
And why are MiLs SO annoying?? haha mine was telling my sis (our hubby's are brothers) that her wee boy should be out of nappies by now becuse her David (my DH) WAS POTTY TRAINED AT 6 MONTHS haha -Stupid woman is serious too, and goes on and on and on, i dont see her very often at all, so its not so bad for me this time around. Prob since I have been through it before with her already and with poor Trace, my sis its her first. Not her first baby I should add, as its only her first with her second hubby -she already has 3 grown up girls and has therefore had more kids than MiL and should just tell her to shut up lol!!!
I mean potty trained at 6months, a lot of babies cant even sit up by then and biologically their wee bodies arent ready too as the sphincter muscles are immature until 18 months at least.my nephew is only 20 months for gods sake and 18months adjusted age too.
She also commented before on his speech, saying he should be babbling more and it was because my sis and her hubby didn't spk to him enough AAAAAAARRRGGHH - I WOULD HAVE SWUNG FOR HER.He was inly 8 mnths at the time, 6 mnths adjusted - she said ' he may have been premature but had been on the planet for 8mnths now'

I get so annoyed even thinking about it Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

tata xxxxxx wish me luck, start of my 40hr day haha x-working tonight and been up since before 6am idiot hubby too tired to get up grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr xxxxx

a mixture between aunty who is a teacher, my mum and my cousin sarah and hopefully placement will be on a weekend when dan is up xx

Typed such a long post and it's all gone :( will do it again tomorrow!!x

Hi ladies... sorry have been AWOL for a couple of weeks.... having a really hard time at the moment.
Me, my mum and my dad helped hubby loads to sort work out. My dad even got him an interview and from all the evidence he didnt bother going!! I pretty much got him a job as a Tesco Delivery Driver and he didnt bother submitting the application so practically he doesnt want to work and i've had enough!!!!!!!!!
He's now threatening solicitors as i wont allow him to TAKE Macie unsupervised. I've done this because he has never had her on his own and the other week he couldnt even put her nappy on properly!!!!!!!!!
I've not stopped him seeing her and never will but i dont trust him to take her - am i in the wrong for this????
He rang me last Tuesday and we argued and he knew i was going home on friday... he didnt bother trying to contact me till Saturday??? i was in the shower and missed his call and expected him to ring me back... to this day i still havent heard from him!
Does that show a dad that wants to see his daughter?? His parents havent seen Macie for 8 weeks now ( i know this as its the same amount of time i havent smoked) hehe sorry had to add that lol.
Ontop of this... his phone got cut off a couple of weeks ago and suddenly he's got it working again? Where did he get the money???? and he's taken up smoking again - how is he affording fags?? Also i think he may be back on the weed which isnt good. If he's borrowing money that should be coming to me to help buy things for his daughter!
Im soooo angry right now! I cant believe it's come to this and that he cant seem to be bothered with Macie.
I just dont know what else to do! Ive done everything i can to help him and he just doesnt seem interested.

I will catch up on all other posts.

Lots of love to mummy's and baby's xxxxxxx

Chelsie, sorry to hear things are not going well with dh :( I have no idea what I would do in your situation and its such a difficult one. Is he still living with your parents too?? Stand by what you believe is best for Macie. It sounds like you've done loads to help your dh to sort out a job and its awful that he isn't bothering to follow through with yours & your familys efforts to help him :( Big Hugs to you, I'm here if you want to chat about it hun. At least on the positive side Macie is at an age where she won't remember that she isn't seeing her dad or grandparents that often. Hope the road gets easier for you xxxxx

Thank you Liz....
No he's not living with my parents anymore... somehow magically his parents were able to take him back in but he seems to have forgotton everything that they've done to him! Which makes all this even worse!
There's no going back for me and him now unfortunately he has done too much damage!
I've got a solicitors appointment next week. Just a consultation (free :thumbup:) just so that i can get into my head what could happen if he decides to take it that route!
I need to know that Macie will be kept safe with me! lol.
Clingy Phsyco mum alert! haha.

xxx

Oh Chelsie thats a shame hun -hope you are okay.

Men are unbelievable sometimes aren't they? I feel ill at the thought of leaving my kids for a day or two but somehow some men can put their kids to the back of their minds and just forget about them grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .. makes me so mad grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My first hubby went 7years with no contact with our two kids, no cards, no phone calls nothing, then to my horror when he wanted to see them again after all that time, I had no rights to say NO! To say I was livid was an understatement! Anyway, after 2 visits (in which he dumped then in front of the tv in his new girlfriends house) he buggered off again and hasn't seen them since -bloody arsehole!!!! Hope your hubby sees the errors of his ways soon hun, before its too late to save his relationship with Macie.
AND if he doesn't, then to hell with him!!!! She has a fab mummy in you and loving grandparents and doesn't need a no-good useless part time dad in her life, you will both be great without him. Keep strong, you are doing a fab job xxxx

Wow... and his parents don't mention wanting to see their grandchild to their son?? just boggles my mind... do they have any other grandkids? I'm so glad you've got what sounds like, really supportive parents. Good on you for getting the free advice, better to be prepared with information and your rights in advance. I'm soo sorry to hear thats what it comes down to. I can't believe your dh would turn away jobs and has started smoking and had money to do that... did you say he's not offered any money towards Macie at all??

On the positive... well done for doing so well with the not smoking!!! its a huge accomplishment and something to be very proud of for you and Macie! :) xxxx

No his parents done have any other grandchildren... shes the first, and personally i would of thought his mum would be over the moon to have had a grandaughter considering she has 3 sons??? lol.
No he hasnt offered me a penny and i saw him at the weekend and he mentioned about his Job seekers money finally clearing! Well....... how about paying for some nappies for your daughter?? Its shocking i cant believe that he has turnt into this!
I never in a million years thought he could be this selfish! Oh well... i know Macie has all the support she needs and as long as she is happy then im happy lol.
xx

Oh Chelsie I am so sorry!

I really do not understand why nobody warns us pregnant ladies how much men struggle with this life adjustment! I can honestly say that it is only in the last few weeks my hubby is dealing with things for the first time since Ruby was born 10 months ago. He is 32 and I dread to think what he would have been like 3-4 years ago.

I think you have a brilliant attitude to be strong and keep everything sorted for Macie, and I am really glad that you have the support of your family.

As for his parents I know how you feel, my MIL has booked a holiday and is not here for Ruby's 1st birthday cos she 'forgot' and she forgot our wedding anniversary last week as well! That woman knows how to REALLLLLY piss me off!

Having Ruby has taught me to only make time for those that are important in my life, I don't have much time now as I want to spend most of it with her, so the nights/lunches whatever I can do I save up for people who I feel are worth the effort, and it sounds to me like your in laws are not! It's incredibly sad but once she is old enough I am sure she will make up her own mind to realise that they are cr*p and just love your parents! I had that situation that my Dad's mum was awful and we had a great relationship with my Mum's mum.

Well I have to say that being back at work is really not all that bad, I am actually rather enjoying it! SO better crack on! xx

Its horrible isnt it Nat?
The problem is... i wish i could blame the way he is on having a baby but all this started when i was pregnant... before Macie was even here and him not being bothered to go get a job has nothing to do with her....
I thought that the fact he has a daughter to support that would push him into getting one? Obviously i was wrong?
The worst thing is.... he just doesnt even seem to care! He never rings to see how me and Macie are at all! and yet i feel like im the one suffering as im still stuck in Uxbridge with no-one round me where as he's back at his mums with all his layabout useless friends lol. sorry for the rant.
xxx

Also i feel really depressed due to baby situation.....
Me and DH had spoke about TTC this year to give Macie a sibling and i feel so sad about the fact that that isnt going to happen!
Is that really sad of me??? I feel worse about that than the fact my marriage has ended?
xx

Also i feel really depressed due to baby situation.....
Me and DH had spoke about TTC this year to give Macie a sibling and i feel so sad about the fact that that isnt going to happen!
Is that really sad of me??? I feel worse about that than the fact my marriage has ended?
xx

No -I totally get this :flower::flower:

When me and first hubby split up, we (well me more than him probably if I am honest) had been planning number 3, DD was 5, DS 2 and I wanted the same gap between second and third child. This is probably how we managed to stay together for the last year and a bit as in hindsight, I knew it was over before Conor was born (my hubby was verging on alcoholism, was a gambler addict, spending whole weeks wages on fruit machines; and was becoming more aggressive and violent towards me over the years). BUT in my head, I still wanted my'perfect dreamed of family' my 'perfect' marriage and the end of the dream was far worse than the end of us!
I cried mountains of tears when I finally did get the guts to leave, but more to do with what we had all lost rather then me breaking up with hubby iykwim???? I hated him for ruining that -I got married for ever and he threw it all away :growlmad::growlmad:

Everthing turns out for the best though -I met my new hubby only 4 months after we split up (seems short I know and it wasn't planned lol but then my marriage had been over for years and I was just barely holding on to it); introduced him to the kids a few months later, by the end of the first year he'd moved in and here we are now, 11 years later, married 3 years this year and with 2 more fabulous gorgeous little bubbas. None of my kids would be here today if I hadn't followed my life path exactly as I did; so I am very glad of every choice I have made :cloud9:

Thinking of you and sending hugs - wont be long until Jan- are you moving back home when you come out? And I wouldn't worry about close siblings -my 16, 13 year old and 9 year old all get along brilliantly and they love their new addition to the family too :hugs::hugs:

oh hun iv just caught up im so sorry your going through this, what a selfish pig xxxx

woop woop only 39 days til my hols woop woop
getting so excited now!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back