book recommendations

spicyorange

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations of pregnancy books, especially UK ones that people have found useful. Ta.

I bought this one it's awesome as it shows you everyday how your baby is developing and has loads of daily info: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Day-Day-Pregnancy-Book-Comprehensive/dp/1405332107

I also check this website everyday too as it has the same pics as the book!
https://pregnancy.familyeducation.com/first-trimester/week-5.html

And of course "what to expect when you're expecting."

My mother gave me her old edition of what to expect, I know it's the obvious choice but it's the obvious one for a reason, I think. That has been my best friend during this pregnancy :)

Shopaholic and baby! Warning- this book is not a educational read, it's pure fun, which is equally important :coffee:

My mother gave me her old edition of what to expect, I know it's the obvious choice but it's the obvious one for a reason, I think. That has been my best friend during this pregnancy :)
Is it American because I get confused with U.S. advice?

Is it American because I get confused with U.S. advice?

It is an American published book, but I'm pretty positive it's been translated into like a dozen languages, so it should be available in other countries too. The proper title is What to Expect When You're Expecting. It's the first book in a series, the second one is What to Expect the First Year. Those two, I thought, were the best in the series, though I do own the later ones as well. I just don't look at them as often.

It's definitely my favorite pregnancy book by far, I love the way that it breaks it down by month, and the excellent Q&A sections for each month. It also has a chapter for dads to read and sections on different complications.

My second favorite was a book handed out at my hospital tour, I don't know if it's for sale anywhere. It just said 'Pregnancy and Labor Guide' and had a rubber&ink stamp from the hospital somebody put on the back. If your hospital offers a tour, it's definitely worth the time if it's your first. I felt a lot more comfortable going in when it was time because I was already familiar with where to go.

I got a book called "Expecting a baby?"

It's by the lady who does One Born Every Minute - Dr. Penelope Law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->