book storage

DCS

Reaction score
How do you store books? Do you have them out on display or put away to rotate?
Iv been looking on pintrest, but all the ideas are very pintrest home ideas not real life house ones. Iygwim.
The kids have over 300 books and I'm so stuck. I did have them in boxes under the cot but the cot is coming down this weekend. I want them out where I can access them easily because we read a lot. I don't think I trust either of my two with a large book case.

We have a big front facing bookcase and just swap the books over every so often. Rest are stored in boxes under beds. We have way too many but can't get rid!

Currently have our Christmas books out
[URL=https://s302.photobucket.com/user/pa2k84/media/IMG_20151202_221733_zps9qggghbg.jpg.html][IMG]https://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn89/pa2k84/IMG_20151202_221733_zps9qggghbg.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

I have all books in a wardrobe with shelves, the ones we use are on a small bookcase in his bedroom and some are in a magazine holder

The baby-ish books are stored away in a box

We use IKEA expedia/kallax units, I find they're very sturdy, never had issues with them being silly around it. We have a huge one in the dining room with some books in and ds1 has a smaller one in his room, those books get read more as we read at night.

We have a 'billy bookcase' from IKEA in Anabella's playroom (our conservatory). Good sturdy unit, looks good & very reasonable in price. Not sure how many books it holds, but hers is half full as it stands right now.

I think a small book case might be the way forward. We realy need a bigger house, this one just isn't big enough. Thanks. Might see if I can find some wooden crates for under the bed.

We have a half height ikea billy bookcase with doors and the bottom shelf of an ikea trofast for all the really big books that don't fit in the book case.

Both kids have a small 3 shelf bookcase full of books in their rooms, and then we also have 3 shelves of the entertainment center devoted to their books. I love books, so they have a ton, lol. When they were younger, I only put out a small amount of books at a time because they would tear them all off the shelves constantly.

For Lucas's books I use storage boxes and put them in with the spines facing up so you can see the titles (idk if that makes sense - imagine a bookcase but laying down). I got the idea from how they display kids books at the local library.
I was a bit nervous about putting a bookcase in his room but this way he can reach them easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->