book worms : what have you been reading?

I'm currently reading the Game of Thrones series...Pretty damn good....I'm hooked on it since Harry Potter is gone :(

Just finished The Penal Colony by Richard Herley. It'd been sitting on my kindle for months and when I finally read it, it was brilliant! I shouldn't like it in theory. I mean, there are no female characters at all and even the story is a masculine one, but I just got really pulled into it and just *devoured* the last quarter of the book as I was desperate to see how it ended. Characters and pacing spot on :thumbup:

Just started reading One by Conrad Williams. Apocalyptic book which was recommended to me

I'm now reading The Test. Very good so far!

now I'm reading Graceling

not bad book, the next one Fire was alright.

if you like then a real good was is the 'name of the wind' by Patrick Rothfuss it the first of a triology (i think the second one recently come out) but was a real good read.

just read the first two hunger games book...really easy read as there for young adults but it has a brilliant story line...really gets you thinking!

loved the game of thrones...was gutted when i found out it wasnt finished as i read all 6/7 in a few months and when i got to the end and found out there was still another 2-3 books to be realised i was a very sad bunny! :cry:

Iv read a few good ones recently :

Watch Over me - Daniela Sacerdoti - I loved this book!! Would recommend it. My mom is reading it at the moment and she normally takes ages to read a book and even she read it in under a week.

Beautiful Disaster - Jamie McGuire - I read this book in a couple of days, i could not put it down!!! I really got involved with the characters and wanted it to carry on and on.

All that Mullarkey - Sue Moorcroft - I think this was a free one on kindle. It was good though. A bit predictable but I enjoyed it.

On the Island - Tracey Garvis Graves - Could not put this book down!! I read it in 24 hours!!! One of the best iv read for a while.

I read the love of my life before these 4 which is in the kindle top sellers (top 10 i think) and I have to say i didnt really enjoy it, i found the first half of the book seriously depressing and wanted to cry. I mean i love a good cry at a book but not from start to finish lol.

xxxxx

I have just finished the mortal instruments - AMAZING!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->