book worms : what have you been reading?

Ive read the whole trilogy of fifty shades, this got a 4* from me!! Although, i did think the ending was rushed and a little bit crappy though!

Before those i read the Hunger Games books too!! They were amazing and got a 5* !! I couldnt put any of them down!!

My all time favourite book would be Shadows of the Wind...Id recommend that to anyone!!

*Joining this thread where i could talk for days about books*

The last books i read was 'The Hunger Games Trilogy'.
I would definitely recommend these 3. I wasn't massively impressed with the ending, slightly rushed and just ends with you feeling you need to know more but the story as a whole and the enjoyment i got from reading the books would easily give it a 4/5 verging near 5/5.

The book i am currently reading 'The Time Of My Life' by Cecelia Ahern.
(The complete opposite to 'The Hunger Games')
So far, so good. I do find her writing very easy to read.
I am a big fan of all her books and i always find myself picking up one of hers and learning something that i need to learn or be more aware of at that time in my llife. (Cheesy but true)

Lou xx

The Tale Of The Lunarmorte Trilogy by Samantha Young
I've always been a bit of a fantasy geek, and while the idea of vampires having children confuses me a little (HI TWILIGHT!), it's still a really good read.
From Here To Paternity by Matt Dunn
Absolytely hilarious. That's all I got there.
Harry Potter (All seven) - JK Rowling
...Need I say more?
Interview With The Vampire (Whole series) - Anne Rice

Auto/biographies for the following (This is going to tell you how messed up my taste is!):
Ric Flair
Bret Hart
Duncan Bannatyne
Theo Paphitis
Led Zeppelin
Henrik Larsson
Lubomir Moravcik (I was a Glasgow Celtic fan in the 90s/early 00s, sue me!)
Jimmy "Jinky" Johnston
Mick Foley (or rather, his books in general)

I must of been the only person on the planet that couldn't stand the Fifty Shade of Grey book, let alone read the trilogy. I thought she sounded like a 13 year old girl in the book!

As soon as I found out that the 50 Shades trilogy started out as Twishite fanfic, and heard many many reviewers say that it had the same quality of writing, I took my name off the waiting list at the library. Not gonna waste my time on that. There is some excellent, well-written BDSM erotica out there. No need to compromise writing for titillation! :)

I'm still reading Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness, going on 6 weeks now, the longest time it's ever taken me to read a book. :lol:

I really enjoyed A Discovery of Witches and Shadow of Night. Harkness is a solid writer and crazy well-educated. I love the subject matter (the history of science theme, in particular) and think Harkness has done a great job of blending the fantasy story in with history and modern science. I think her weakest point is the dialogue between the two main love interests - I find that rather cliche. The rest is a lot of fun, though!

I'm still trying to read The Night Circus, finding it slow atm but perservering as it's got very good reviews.
x

I'm still trying to read The Night Circus, finding it slow atm but perservering as it's got very good reviews.
x

Ive just finished it and also found it slow to begin with. I carried on with it as so many people on this thread had said how amazing it was.

By the end i was completley in love with it - it was like nothing i had ever read before and i thought it was absolutely amazing!

I am now reading the help after loads of people have said how great it is on this thread!:flower:

x

Ive just finished it and also found it slow to begin with. I carried on with it as so many people on this thread had said how amazing it was.

By the end i was completley in love with it - it was like nothing i had ever read before and i thought it was absolutely amazing!

I am now reading the help after loads of people have said how great it is on this thread!:flower:

Ah good will definetely perservere. Funnily enough I have The Help waiting for me to read afterwards then a vampire based book after that lol xx

I've recently read the help and the night circus and I enjoyed them both! Yes from time to time the night circus does get slow but then I really got into it and it was fantastic!

I have just finished A Feast for Crows by George R Martin and am going to start on Thomas Emsons Kardinal. :coffee:

Just finished Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes on Kindle from a recommendation on this thread :thumbup: Dropped on lucky as it was 99p when I bought it and it's more than £5 now :)

I liked it, but it took me about ten minutes to get into the flashback/present/flashback/present chapter structure. After that it was fine. Have to say though, I was expecting a twist at the end so the only criticism I have is that it was a little predictable. If you can get it at 99p again, it'd be well worth a read.

I'm reading The Light Between Oceans by M.L Steadman. Only 12% in but I'm enjoying it so far.

MF I wanted to read that but It's not payday until Saturday :lol:

I've just finished Fallen by Karin Slaughter, it took me a little while to get into it but once I did I really enjoyed it. Might have to order some more of her books now.

I'm just about to start 1984 now by George Orwell. :)

I was not sure I would enjoy it but it was one I couldnt put down. I sat and read all of it and I thought half way through I would guess what would happen at the end but it was not what I thought at all. Good price for easy read. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->