booking in appointment

cla

Reaction score
hope everybody is ok. i went to see my midwife last week she booked my scan , gave me all my paper work and asked some more details. i have got another appointment on the 4th jan for a booking in appointment i was just wondering what to expect . i will be 8 weeks when i go:hugs:

ahh i dont get it....i spoke to my doctor last week all the fish did was told me to fill out someform and wait for the widwife to get intouch. how comes everyone else seem to be getting an appointment for scan so easy?

iv booked an appointment with the doctor for today at 4.40 so hopfuly the doc will help(be more helpful) and sort my scan out.

good luck with your scan sweet hope all goes well...let us know how it goes xxx

ive got my scan but it isnt till the 1st feb:wacko:it seems forever away i cant wait that long i will be pulling my hair out:dohh: your doctor might get you a midwife appointment when you go today. good luck dont forget to let us know how you get on :hugs:

The booking in appt goes through all your medical history and your partners - they test your urine and take some bloods, and just generally chat through things with you.

Babydeabreu - wooah!! You might not hear for another good few weeks about any scan. I heard about mine at 10weeks, and went for it at 11+6. My midwife got in touch at 8 weeks and I had my booking in appt at 11+5. You may have a bit of a wait yet as there is nothing much they can do in the very early weeks :)
It's hard, but it's a waiting game I'm afraid!

glad your midwife appt went well! I'm still waiting for a letter from my midewife to find out when I will have mine! Time goes so slowly when you're waiting !!!!

...baby Deabreu I think it depends on what type of care you are having - mine is shared care between GP and midewife, so GP does intial appt, then midewife will do booking in and later a scan. All health authorities are different I think!

The booking in appt goes through all your medical history and your partners - they test your urine and take some bloods, and just generally chat through things with you.

Babydeabreu - wooah!! You might not hear for another good few weeks about any scan. I heard about mine at 10weeks, and went for it at 11+6. My midwife got in touch at 8 weeks and I had my booking in appt at 11+5. You may have a bit of a wait yet as there is nothing much they can do in the very early weeks :)
It's hard, but it's a waiting game I'm afraid!

great bloods somthing to look forward to lol

Ha ha - they are not the greatest side to pregnancy are they :)
Bless you - be a brave girl :)

serious :nope: :(

the reason i ask is cos i had a mc the 1st time bout 3 years ago and im soooooooooo worried literally s$$ting meself that im goner lose this one...i just cant go through that all again :nope:

hopfuly when i go docs today they will help sort out an early scan so i no that bean is ok or even in there.

im so worried girlies :cry: waiting 10 weeks ill have a heart attack lol

Ha ha - they are not the greatest side to pregnancy are they :)
Bless you - be a brave girl :)

i forgot about all these blood tests i had preclampsia with my son so i had a LOT of blood taken. somthng to look forward to:nope:

the reason i ask is cos i had a mc the 1st time bout 3 years ago and im soooooooooo worried literally s$$ting meself that im goner lose this one...i just cant go through that all again :nope:

hopfuly when i go docs today they will help sort out an early scan so i no that bean is ok or even in there.

oh iam so sorrry about your loss. i bet when you talk to your doctor they will sort somthing out for you:hugs:

I just had my booking in appointment half an hour ago...
Midwife came to the house, gave me loads of leaflets and explained them, discussed medical history and that of DH's and our Parents. Started to fill in my booklet that I will be keeping with me whenever I go to any appointments etc. Gave details on when I should be seeing mw/scans/tests...and what to do next. Took bloods and did urine sample. Gave me a DVD on the maternity ward I am planning to use. Mentioned breast feeding :)blush:). Gave me an Emma's Diary lol with loads of coupons in. Discussed the "Quad" screening, which is the Down's test my Health care provider uses.

We also discussed the next scan as I have exams the week I will be 12 weeks and the fact that I will have shared care as I had C sect with daughter...

So really just more of an information purpose, and where you can ask loads of questions if you are unsure about something.

:coffee:

oh iam so sorrry about your loss. i bet when you talk to your doctor they will sort somthing out for you:hugs:

thanks cla i really hope so :hugs::hugs: xx

hiya im sure if you have any worries you can contact the midwife and discuss it with them x

Babydeabeau what did the doc say??

I confirmed my pregnancy at the docs nearly 3 weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything either... *impatient fidget*

Aw Babydeabreu I am so sorry to hear that...Your doc may sort out something for you. How did it go at your appt?

Big hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->