Bowel movement while giving birth

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by hellotasha, Oct 15, 2008.

1. hellotasha

hellotasha Loves Her Baby Girl. X

I can't stop thinking about if i do it, i know people saying 'you wont care when you are giving birth' but i really hope i dont do it lol.
    Anyone else worry about that?
    xx

:blush:

2. pennysbored

pennysbored Well-Known Member

Heck yes! I think about all that embarrassing stuff. glad I'm not the only one, and I'm sure everyone is right, it will be the last thing on our minds, but still. How embarrassing.

3. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

No I'm not worried about it.

The majority of women relieve themselves in labour, and a lot of those won't know that they've actually done it.

Labour to us is something out of the ordinary, but to midwives they see it multiple times a day and thousands of times a year. You won't be the first, or the last person to relieve themselves during labour and they certainly don't care.

:)

4. hellotasha

Im gonna put 'dont not tell me if i poo just remove it' in my birth plan lol x

5. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

They won't tell you, they are professional about it. Hence most people not even knowing they've done it. :)

6. trishk

trishk Guest

everyone worries about that chick! But I've been through labour twice and I honestly believe that if you do have an accident No.1 you dont really see or care whats going on down there! and No.2 if you do the nurses will discreetly clean it up and you will probably never know! So try not to worry! Everything that happens to you in the labour ward is just a normal days work for the hospital staff!

7. helen1234

helen1234 Well-Known Member

lol your funny, apparently if you do they just wipe it away, and its only a tiny piece if you do, cos its so squashed when baby comes down to that point there's no python gonna come out, i don't know if i did or didnt so i know they don't come round and say "guess what you did" lol

8. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

I worried too. I can safely say I didn't!! But I did tell the whole room I was going to, turns out I didn't need to poo, I needed to push.. :rofl:

You really won't care, but I'm sure telling you doesn't help so.. I hope you don't? :hugs:

9. DNA0930

DNA0930 <3 Baby L & Baby Q <3

You won't even realize if you do - you'll only know afterwards from the OH LOL

10. Momma2Violet

Momma2Violet Well-Known Member

I know, right? I read this is one of the many pregnancy books I've received and I put the book right away! I'm sure I won't care honestly, if it happens...but this is just another reason to say to my mother in law, "no thanks" when she wants to come in to the delivery room :)

11. ~KACI~

~KACI~ Well-Known Member

I worried and i never did, but they are very discreet about it x

12. Angelface

Angelface Mummy to a princess &Bump

lol im worried about this too hun, my OH said hes going to tell me i have even if i havent!! lol

13. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

I didn't - I worried abut it too with Caitlin but when your there seriously I'd be surprised if you give a hoot if you did or not lol x

14. nataliecn

nataliecn Mommy to Grady and WTT!

you should read jenny mccarthy's book Belly Laughs. she has a whole chapter about that. and she throws humour in there to lighten the mood

but to answer your question, i am TERRIFIED to do it. but i am sure i will, after all, you're pushing with all your might, so a little is bound to come out. Although, I have heard some people say that right before labour they went. like, their body made them basically.

15. hellotasha

lmao sounds like my OH x

16. pennysbored

pennysbored Well-Known Member

Thats good news.

17. Beltane

Beltane Mother of 3 Boys!

When I went into labor with Z, my body had a clear out from all the rectal pressure. I was so relieved to crap my brains out before I went to the hospital. I think many of us will have this happen so lets all cross our fingers.

I told my hubby that he's not allowed to look if it happened during birth but he said it would be cute!!!:saywhat: He said he would announce that I've given birth to a cute litle piece of turd. :rofl:

18. lorrilou

lorrilou Well-Known Member

they dont let you know if youve done it. I did and i knew i had but no one mentioned it.

19. amelia222

amelia222 Well-Known Member

That's what I'm afraid of! It's all normal for the doctors and midwives, but he's not sure if he wants to be there at all for the birth. :( I think the whole idea of seeing me like that scares him.

20. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

I did with Finnley ...
    Badly , I dont think it helped i gulped half a bottle of castor oil the day before Oooops , I allso have real trouble going in pregnancy , So when it comes to labour i can go if you get what i mean .
    Even in all that pain i was ever so embaressed , Oh went mad as the midwifes left me on teh same Pad thing they put under you for ages !! and didnt move it away descretley like we thought they would .
    Im really worried as i dont want to this time , Was talking to OH and a week before was hoping to have a cronic irrigation or who ever you spell it , I need to some how find out if it is safe in pregnancy any one know ??? . I really hope so . xx .