Bowel movement while giving birth

Well, there have to be SOME benefits to getting a C-section :rofl:

It happened to me and nobody batted an eyelid and at that point I really didn't care. I've heard that midwives like the smell of it as its a sure sign that the baby will be arriving very soon. :rofl: Strange people :rofl:

Mummymadness - I'm scared of the meconium as well because DS swallowed loads and had suction then spent a week in special care on antibiotics - he was 5 days over, so I'm praying that it doesn't happen again.

Can u ask to be induced at 40 weeks ,I asked with finnley as my hips hurt and she wouldnt at all !! .
Im so scared of the macconium happening again . xx .

I asked but didnt get lol.. Worth asking though and if you explain why, it might be a good enough reason for them to do it. I would worry about the maconium too if it happend twice before.

Im not bothered about what i do in labour, I see it as the midwives and doctors have seen a hell of alot of woman give birth and nothing i do will be any different or any worse than anybody else! I just dont want my OH seeing it.. but he knows it can happen and you cant help it and if it does hopefully he wont mention it after because i think i might be abit embarased lol

Ohhh Jolyn ,
iam Glad iam not the only one worried about this , Do you think there is anythingw e can do about not going over ??? . I have read so many horror stories about macconium . xxx.

It happened to me and nobody batted an eyelid and at that point I really didn't care. I've heard that midwives like the smell of it as its a sure sign that the baby will be arriving very soon. :rofl: Strange people :rofl:

Mummymadness - I'm scared of the meconium as well because DS swallowed loads and had suction then spent a week in special care on antibiotics - he was 5 days over, so I'm praying that it doesn't happen again.

Like the smell of it Omg whats the world coming to :rofl: :rofl:
Tash your gonna do a big pooh and a really smelly one and there gonna run a mile :rofl::rofl:

Joking hun :rofl: my mate was the same she never done anything but felt like she needed to :) XX

I am making sure i am out of it on gas, you know pretend i didnt just pooh or something.

I learnt with my last pregnancy a woman has the right to have her baby. I asked to be induced at 39 weeks because my daughter was due around xmas and I couldnt bare the thought of being in the hospital for the holidays and my girls be at home without mommy. I couldn't miss there xmas. I had to call L&D constantly and demand it. I was told I have every right to have her. L& D are hard asses though my doctor said. They are always swamped. She told me to just keep calling so thats what her and I did until they agreed.

P.s they will act like it's a no go though. YOu have to be willing to fight it

I'm worried about the table thing too. Although in talking with a friend who recently had her baby, her OH said that she didn't even know that she had done it, and he didn't bother to mention it to her until after the fact.

I told my OH not to bother mentioning it to me. Ignorance is bliss, ya know? But I do hear that it's incredibly common, and the nurses tend to not even bat an eyelash when you do it so I'm *trying* to not worry about it.

I talked to one of my BFF's today about this. She has 2 kids DD 2 and DS 10 months. She said they no longer give you enemas and the nurses just clean it up and don't even tell you. I'm worried to death about this now. DH said he wants to wait in the waiting room. I had him to watch Special Delivery on DSC channel and he was ok with going in and now after reading this to him he's worried all over again. I told him not to go down past my head and he will be ok. :dohh:

Seriously, I'm so fed up with being pregnant at this point that I'm like Amy....I don't care what comes out as long as I can make the baby come out with it :rofl:

I cared so much and I was so worried about all the stuff that could happen..and now I'm just like "I will do anything to just get her out and I don't care if I poop, curse the hospital down, push out an organ, tear...anything as long as she gets out". So if I'm at this point 5 weeks before my due date, I can just imagine how little I'll care in labour :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->