Braxton Hicks at 16 Weeks

hayley x

1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter
Reaction score
Is this normal/ok :shrug: I'm already getting them about once a day for the last 4 days :(

xxx

Thats around when i started getting them and thought i was going mad:wacko: People kept saying your too early to be getting them. it must be something else. To be honest, i do know my own body having had braxtons with my DS but these are alot earlier and alot more intense. Now i'm a bit further on, they are quite ALOT more intense which makes me wonder how much more intense the labor pains are gona be.eeeeeeeeek!!!!

I think they do start this early but people don't usually notice them xx

your womb is contracting from the word go in pregnancy :D if you are feeling tightenings and there is no pain i would say its pretty normal. Some things can cause them such as a uti, but you may just be feeling things earlier with this pregnancy. Or you may have an 'irritable womb' where it just likes to contract a lot, wont do you or bubs any harm :)

Thank you ladies :) I was worried cause I certainly never had them this early with Alex and I did get them a lot with him. Its quite amusing I lay down and my belly is all lop sided (about 2 inches below my belly button) and very hard, it already feels a little uncomfortable. I will mention it to my consultant on Thurs cause I think I may have a uti, I always have protein when I do a sample at midwife so could be that, thanks :thumbup: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->