Breaking Bad?

I haven't watched the last 3 episodes, but this came up on my FB feed (it isn't a FB page but one of the blogs that I quite enjoy reading :haha:)

Behind the scenes of Breaking Bad

Thought you all would like to see the pictures. I enjoyed them! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqbfrHmWrJI

Thought you ladies might appreciate this :)

got caught up at a friend's last night and watched the series finale. can't believe it's done! I liked the ending, tho it wasn't what I expected. :)

Loved it. Every loose end tied up nicely. So sad it's over but it was brilliant. And Jesse survived! Hurrah!

With how intense the episodes were leading up to the finale I was surprise that most of the episode was kind of uh, not. :haha:

I know. It really was as "happy" an ending as it could possibly be in breaking bad with nothing too shocking. Saying all that not sure I could have coped with any more shocks after the season up till now!!

My thoughts on it. Putting in spoilers in case some people haven't watched it yet.

To be honest, I'm not sure just how much I liked it. I do get that with being such an epic show it's going to be hard to please everyone.

I feel like they spent so much time tying up loose ends about characters that I didn't care that much about. Awesome that he got "even" with the Nazi's. Yes, wasn't sad either that Todd kicked the bucket. Lydia too - her character annoyed me and it was nice to watch her get what was coming to her.

But at the end of the day, those are all relatively "new" characters. What I really wanted closure with were the characters that were there from the beginning. Like Marie, her and Hank were major characters throughout the entire series. Hank dies so yeah, not much else needs to be closed on that. But they barely show anything with Marie during the aftermath. Kinda seemed to be "Oh well, Marie's brother in law only kills her husband... let's see what Lydia's been up to!!!!"

Not to mention Flynn/Walt Jr. All there really was after the knife fight with Skyler was him on the phone with Walt and losing his marbles on him. But what the heck were they doing that whole time that Walk was in the mountains?

I get that they aren't central to the Breaking Bad story, which is mainly about Walt cooking meth and dealing with those personalities that are attracted to those situations... but to me Walt's family WAS central because they were the whole reason why he started in the first place. Maybe his admission to Skyler that he DID do it more for himself than the family was part of the reason why once he went on the run the focus shifted away from them.

I had a good laugh with the whole Gretchen and hubby incident, but again... two characters who he had a beef with and didn't really central in the story get more screentime than Marie, who is only shown giving Skyler the heads up that Walt was back in town. :neutral:

But that's just how non-existant Gretchen and her hubby are to me, I don't even remember the characters name.

The story DID tie up some loose family ends.... he got to see Holly one last time. Gave Skyler her bargaining chip to get her out of the mess he put her in. Listened to Flynn vent then figured out a way to get the money to him. Freaked out Gretchen and what's-his-nuts.

I also feel that there should have been more screentime between Jesse and Walt. They were the two main characters and while I do feel they did get closure too, there was SO FREAKING MUCH leading up to when Walt frees him that I didn't really believe it.

Maybe because Jesse had been a slave for the Nazi's for the last x amount of months but really... the last thing Walt said to Jesse before seeing him again at the Nazi compound was how he watched Jane die. I dunno, wouldn't there be some harboring resentment? Maybe during his captivity he learned there were worse things than hating Walter White?

I dunno. The more I think about it the more I'm like, man... it felt like they put so much effort into making the 3 previous episodes epic that there wasn't anything left in them. In watching it at my friend's place I saw that there was only 15 minutes left of the show and nothing had really happened. :shrug:

Maybe I just have too high of expectations. :shrug:

Exactly what you said tiff...feel kinda deflated now..loved it but expected so much more.

I don't think I expected much more tbh! I would've liked to have seen more with Marie but how much further could her character go without Hank? And I think how he dealt with the money was perfect... but that's it really.

And I'm so chuffed Jesse got out alive! Lydia was horrendous so I wasn't sad about her getting the risen either. And Todd deserved what he got after what he did to Andrea :( I thought Walt's plan went pretty well considering the damage he had already done

Can't believe it's finished :cry:

I dunno, I figured there was tons of showdown moment potentials between Marie and Walt. I get not being able to do that, I mean makes sense if he's on the run he's not going to stop by his murdered DEA brother in law's house.

I dunno, I guess I just wanted more info on what his family were up to during the months he was on the run moreover than Todd, Lydia and the Nazis. :flower:

I'm happy with the ending. Going into it all I knew was that I wanted him to get his revenge on the Nazis, Todd and Lydia and that I really really hoped Jesse would somehow live and I got all of that! :haha:

I loved the ending, I think they tied up all the lose ends, if you watch talking bad on netflix it covers some of the issues people have. An excellent end to an excellent drama, so whats everyone going to watch now ?

quite looking forward to walking dead!

quite looking forward to walking dead!

yes that gets high ratings, I'm on the second episode of Ray Donovan and it looks promising, lets hope vince gilligan has got his thinking cap on for something special in the future !

I FINALLY got some free time to watch the ending. :) I really liked it. tiff, I can understand your issues. I personally thought it was good though. I'm glad he tied up all the loose ends that he did, and I think Jessie was honestly just psyched to finally be free after being held as a slave for however long that was. He was probably starved and malnourished and maybe not thinking straight either. Watching him drive off to freedom made me so happy. I also love that Walt never really got caught, but he did terminate.

Well I'm gutted that it's finished, like really gutted :lol:
I'm torn between the ending.. I liked it and I'm glad about everything that happened but I did expect it to go out with more of a bang, the ending kinda felt a bit rushed? Like they could of fit a couple more episodes in there to get a better ending but still, I did enjoy it!

I've now started watching Dexter :lol:

Well I'm gutted that it's finished, like really gutted :lol:
I'm torn between the ending.. I liked it and I'm glad about everything that happened but I did expect it to go out with more of a bang, the ending kinda felt a bit rushed? Like they could of fit a couple more episodes in there to get a better ending but still, I did enjoy it!

I've now started watching Dexter :lol:

Me too! :haha: See you on the Dexter thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->