Breast or bottle?

I bet the mods are sat there in shock at the mellowness of this thread so far lol they must think it's a diff forum!

im guessing no one has pmt at the moment....:haha::haha::haha:
You know that thing where friends subliminally link their periods together,im sure we must do it on here because theres always a load of heated threads at the same time. And no ones kicking off in this onee,even when i suggested putting rusk in the bottle.
Prefer it when it kicks off a bit!!:haha::haha:

Oh, like we're all on the same menstrual cycle? You guys don't have bears in the UK do you?
bears?!?

I bet the mods are sat there in shock at the mellowness of this thread so far lol they must think it's a diff forum!

im guessing no one has pmt at the moment....:haha::haha::haha:
You know that thing where friends subliminally link their periods together,im sure we must do it on here because theres always a load of heated threads at the same time. And no ones kicking off in this onee,even when i suggested putting rusk in the bottle.
Prefer it when it kicks off a bit!!:haha::haha:

Oh, like we're all on the same menstrual cycle? You guys don't have bears in the UK do you?
bears?!?

They can smell your menstrual cycle. OT I know, I was just thinking how many of you from BNB are in the UK and if you were all in sync.......

:shrug:

Soooo... back to breast vs. bottle.

Mine had cows milk from birth with lots of added sugar if not nesquick done the trick :p

Mine drinks water, keeps her nice and skinny.

Attachments

• PA150229.jpg
    PA150229.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 8
Breast IS best.

But some women don't want to breastfeed or sometimes it doesn't work out, so then formula is the next best option, duh.

ditto :coffee:
lol at some of the funny answers in here though I hope it stays this way.

Thanks for giving me a giggle ladies! Everytime I changed the page I expected it to have turned sour but the good humour has given me a little faith back that we can all be friends :)

I chose to ff from birth because I simply didn't want to bf. But I really admire my friends who bf - especially those who NIP!

I agree with everyone who said that the best way to feed your baby is what makes both mummy and baby happy xx

Well Holly prefers to drink liquid mashed potato (seriously, Nutramigen AA is seriously rank, it makes me wanna hurl :sick:)

Breast IS best, there's no denying it.

I have a love/hate relationship with formula. If it wasn't for formula Holly wouldn't be thriving now, she wouldn't/couldn't/didn't want to latch despite my best efforts and 6 weeks of trying.

But formula made her ill, and you only have to pop over to the formula feeding forum to see that she's not the only one. So we had 5 miserable months until she was put on an appropriate hypoallergenic formula - formula definitely wasn't a happy mum or happy baby situation for us initially. Cow's milk protein intolerance exsists because human babies weren't designed to have cow's milk. There are very few babies who can't tolerate breastmilk. Just made me feel even worse for not succeeding with BF.

Now she's fine and thriving thanks to a rancid concoction made from god knows what.

Formula is a great alternative for those who don't breastfeed though, and would be even greater if the bottles made, washed and sterilised themselves. :haha:

Breast. No debate needed. We all know there are certain conditions where it isn't possible, and in those cases, bottle.

as long as baby is feeding and happy then thats all that matters

In my to-be situation, bottle!

I'll be the sole financial provider for my child and I won't get paid maternity leave. Also, I am 50% of the employees at my work place and baby is due at the second busiest time of the year :p Unfortunately I will have to send my child to daycare ASAP.

Eh, I know I'm going to get some flack for saying this...

We all know breast is best, that said, there are a lot of women who just can't physically breastfeed and formula is a perfectly fine substitution. I do, however, think there are a lot of women who also don't give it a fair chance. I know a couple of women myself who are like this. I just don't understand it.

i think all these VS threads have been done to death........

as it happens i skipped the milk and went straight to BLW from birth whilst my LO was in a FF car seat with a snow suit on.

i think all these VS threads have been done to death........

as it happens i skipped the milk and went straight to BLW from birth whilst my LO was in a FF car seat with a snow suit on.

:haha:

Breast is best but only after a few shots of rum so baby will STTN!!

I think that whatever works for mommy and baby is best. I have FF & BF, my kids are all healthy and just fine.

as long as a person is feeding their baby i don't much care what they use to do it..

What is best..

Nutrition wise BREAST is always best...

Health wise from mother being happy and a baby getting enough is mums supply is dangerously low? BOTTLE

Both have places in this world, one is no better than the other when it comes down to purely making sure baby is fed and both mother and baby are happy

As my HV says, my LO had pies and cakes from day one! :haha:

A happy baby is a fed baby whether it be breast or formula :)

^ Agreed! Nutritionally, breast is best. In regards to well-being, low milk supply, etc. bottle is the way to go. For me, bottle-feeding was the best choice I made after having my daughter. I would rather have a happy, smiley, healthy baby that bottle feeds rather than have a miserable, hungry breastfed baby who continuously struggles to latch on to my breast.

I think feeding your baby is best, how its done is just a sideline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->