Breast or bottle?

Breast feeding is best for Connor and myself at this moment in time. However, at nursery he has formula.
Who knows what will work best for my future children...

Not reading any replies. All I will say is breastMILK is best. Breast however is not always best

Not reading any replies. All I will say is breastMILK is best. Breast however is not always best

That's quite a good reply!
My son after screaming and thrashing for 10 mins while I calmly try and latch him on would probably agree breast is not best!!

I think everyone would agree that breastmilk is best. Obviously there are reasons why women don't breastfeed, and that varies from misinformation all the way to medical reasons. I would say probably the number one (two for tie) reasons why women don't breastfeed is lack of support (society and/or medical) and lack of proper information.

Its really good to see a thread where no one actually fell out in, goes to show you how times are changing.

I agree with this... I expressed milk and then formula fed. Breastfeeding wasnt for me but I wouldnt say its not for everyone.

Dragonfly I have to say this, you are so pretty.

Great reply! I hated breastfeeding from the start, I cringed everytime LO latched on and hated the sensation. I also hated the way my breasts felt and was so self conscious that I couldn't even face my hubby in the room with me when I was feeding so there is no way I could have NIP'd. I managed to make it to just over 3 weeks but by then I was dreading every feed and crying through each one. I finally decided to give it up after I had to physically pull LO off halfway through a feed and I felt so awful.

So for me FF saved my sanity and my bond with LO - BF didn't strengthen a bond with LO but had the opposite effect.

For my children and me, breastmilk from the breast is best:thumbup: Everyones different though.

Upon thinking a bit more, I think that breastmilk is better than formula in the benefits it has to offer baby. Saying that, if someone chooses to FF that's totally up to them.

my opinion? who cares? no baby died from either of them if done right. I was a bottle baby in the 70's and I turned out fine. my son was solely breastfed and he turned out fine too. His health was no difference from mine (except his asthma is worst than mine but thats just his gene).

This seems like a perfectly civilized thread. I haven't seen any of these other 'nasty' threads and can't understand why this topic could turn nasty?
I plan to breastfeed, but you know what they say about best laid plans.....
I am told that nutrionally it's best and so I will do my very very best BUT, if it doesn't work out, i'll FF and I wont feel bad about it knowing that I tried.
:)

I believe the answer (although its just my opinion and may not be the right one!) is which ever works best for the mother. Simples.

i think all these VS threads have been done to death........

as it happens i skipped the milk and went straight to BLW from birth whilst my LO was in a FF car seat with a snow suit on.

LOL-- that literally made me laugh out loud. Especially because at first I was like, "Baby-led weaning from birth...? Wow... how does that even work?" :rofl: Then... I got it. ;)

I will try my absolute hardest for breast feed for at least 6 months (hopefully closer to the full year!)

But, if its unbearable, I will bottlefeed, and expect no flack from it.

I don't judge others on the subject.

I'm hoping to be able to breastfeed for 6 months, but I won't say that I will 100% breastfeed, cause I might not even have the supply for it.
I don't think there is anything wrong with forumla either, I was feed formula and im healthy, always have been :)

Fundamentally breast isn't BEST. Saying it is best says that it is better than the norm and that formula is the norm. It gives the wrong impression.

Breastfeeding is normal. It is what we are made to do and it is why we have breasts.

So if breastfeeding is normal, then really formula is substandard. However it is the best ALTERNATIVE to breastmilk that you can give your baby - for whatever reason.

I breastfed Fin for 3 weeks and had to stop when I became ill (unrelated to BF - just prevented me keeping up with his demands). Formula has given me a very healthy, well slept, advanced toddler - but he may have been that way if I had carried on BF.

I hope to BF the newbaby until he/she self weans xx

I BF'd my son for 2 weeks. It wasn't easy. He couldn't latch properly so every feed consisted of 45 minutes latching on and off and lots of screaming. He was in hospital with a blood infection at 2 weeks old and I was asked to give him formula so they could keep an eye on how he was feeding (he would only take 1oz, he was in a lot of pain). I kept pumping but I think the stress took its toll and by the time we got out of hospital I had dried up. I still feel very guilty about it.

He went onto C&G first but was very sick so now he's on HiPP Organic and he's doing very well. I am thinking of trying to relactate.

There are many factors when it comes to breast feeding, its not just an inability on the mothers side to think of ie lack of milk, lack of feeding education or confidance about it.
There is another person involved as well and sometimes that little person just plain refuses to play along.
Brian hated bf, he clawed at me, pulled away pushed me away, screamed, cried he has hated being held that way since day one even now I cant get him to lay down in my arms unless hes about to drop off and I lay him back after hes asleep.
He just hates feeling restricted.
I even tried bf laying on the bed so I wasnt holding him against me but he wasnt having any of it he would just thrash his head around away from me so violantly I was worried hed hurt himself.
It would take me about an hour to get him to latch on and that would only last about 4-5 minutes even the hv said he was just refusing to latch on (imagine how thinking your baby doesnt want to be near you feels)
Soon as I tried a bottle it was completly differant, he was calm, happy and feeding well.
I did try expressing but without the natural sucking I just couldnt produce with just expressing alone plus I had a lousy pump that leaked more then it gathered.
So while breast may be nutritionaly best its not always emotionaly, physicaly, mentaly best

my opinion? who cares? no baby died from either of them if done right. I was a bottle baby in the 70's and I turned out fine. my son was solely breastfed and he turned out fine too. His health was no difference from mine (except his asthma is worst than mine but thats just his gene).

well babies do die from not being breastfed , I wont post links for I am probably going to be shot down for saying that as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->