Breast or bottle?

my opinion? who cares? no baby died from either of them if done right. I was a bottle baby in the 70's and I turned out fine. my son was solely breastfed and he turned out fine too. His health was no difference from mine (except his asthma is worst than mine but thats just his gene).

well babies do die from not being breastfed , I wont post links for I am probably going to be shot down for saying that as it is.

Do you mean in Africa? I won't shoot you down for it... that is usually the only way of feeding a young baby.

my opinion? who cares? no baby died from either of them if done right. I was a bottle baby in the 70's and I turned out fine. my son was solely breastfed and he turned out fine too. His health was no difference from mine (except his asthma is worst than mine but thats just his gene).

well babies do die from not being breastfed , I wont post links for I am probably going to be shot down for saying that as it is.

Do you mean in Africa? I won't shoot you down for it... that is usually the only way of feeding a young baby.

No I am not talking about contaminated water and formula in poor countries and nestle .

But in general there is a percentage of babies die in non developing countries from not being breastfed. https://thefeministbreeder.com/when-it-comes-to-breastfeeding-we-cant-handle-the-truth/ 911 babies apparently each year.

No I am not talking about contaminated water and formula in poor countries and nestle .

But in general there is a percentage of babies die in non developing countries from not being breastfed. https://thefeministbreeder.com/when-it-comes-to-breastfeeding-we-cant-handle-the-truth/ 911 babies apparently each year.

i wrote "if it is done right"

The OP may have just said;
"Breast or Bottle......FIIIIIGHTTTTT!"

Honestly

i just read your article, I know breastfeeding provide antibodies for babies but not sure about SIDS.

they would also die if there was no formula

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h79/rebeccagornall/fear.jpg

Thats a polite way of saying babies died from not being breastfed meaning they needed the breastmilk not the formula, the formula didnt kill by the way before any one goes there but they needed breastmilk.

Thats a polite way of saying babies died from not being breastfed meaning they needed the breastmilk not the formula, the formula didnt kill by the way before any one goes there but they needed breastmilk.

Not sure what your saying about babies die from not being breast fed??
I'm very pro breast feeding despite only managing 6 weeks for my sanitys sake, but for as many articles people say about them being written by formula companies to discredit bf, I'm sure there's the same that goes on with pro breast activists?!

If formula is correctly used I can't imagine there being problems, and as for the nestle debarcle the story has been around for years. Everyone knows the marketing stratagies were immoral but at the same time it wasn't formula that made babies poorly it was the poor sanitation/ incorrect mixing that caused the problems. I'm not sure why these women chose to ff in the first place as breast feeding is the typical norm there.
Saying formula can kill or not breast feeding can kill is like saying a car seat can kill!? If you don't use the car seat and follow the instructions then a car seat can kill.

yes i understood what you said, im saying some babies would starve if there was no formula because of breastfeeding not working :wacko:

Careful I didnt say formula can kill anyone. I read it on a bbc report a while ago to. Babies need the anti bodies and some that are born maybe iller than others could have done with the breastmilk.

yes i understood what you said, im saying some babies would starve if there was no formula because of breastfeeding not working :wacko:
obviously yeah. It does save lives I dont deny and didnt say it kills either.:thumbup:

Careful I didnt say formula can kill anyone. I read it on a bbc report a while ago to. Babies need the anti bodies and some that are born maybe iller than others could have done with the breastmilk.

I can understand that bit to a point but I don't think in today's age a baby would die through lack of antibodies. In an ideal world it would be great if people just did the first 3/4 days even if they were deciding to formula feed . I agree that the antibodies are a huge benefit, but modern medicine wouldn't allow a baby to die through lack of, they can keep 26 gestation babies alive now.??

Last year the Journal of Pediatrics published a study suggesting that 911 babies in America die every year from not being breastfed. Formula is a fantastic substitute when breastmilk is not available and has doubtless saved many lives, but it can't save as many as breastmilk can. If only as much money could be put towards normalising breastfeeding, providing good support for mothers and investing in milk banks as is put into the formula industry then even more lives would be saved.

Sorry, but that Journal of Pediatrics study suggests a faulty conclusion. I believe very much in breastfeeding. I also, however, can't stand when what is intended to be a scientific study is turned into a complete and total fallacy in its conclusion.

I'm sure those babies died from things that may have been prevented by breastfeeding, but they did not 'die from not being breastfed'. 'Not breastfeeding' is impossible to be the direct cause of any baby's death. 'Not being breastfed' isn't a medical condition, isn't a sickness, isn't a physical ailment.
And even if we're NOT picking at semantics here (which, I'm sorry, those are some major semantics) there is absolutely no way to prove that those babies and what they died from WOULD have been prevented had the mother breastfed. There's just no way. There may be a tie, but there is no way to simply say, "Cause of death: lack of breastfeeding"

Last year the Journal of Pediatrics published a study suggesting that 911 babies in America die every year from not being breastfed. Formula is a fantastic substitute when breastmilk is not available and has doubtless saved many lives, but it can't save as many as breastmilk can. If only as much money could be put towards normalising breastfeeding, providing good support for mothers and investing in milk banks as is put into the formula industry then even more lives would be saved.

I'm not discrediting it ,but how could you prove a baby died through not being breastfed?
Alot of people say more needs to be done with support in hospitals with bf mums but I think you need to get in way before that. If the nhs are promoting it so much , classes on bf should be given alongside scans and antenatal classes not just a leaflet given in your midwife app'. Even if people don't succeed like myself at least they've given the first few days which ultimately has the greatst benefit.
I still don't believe with as many studies or reports you throw at me that people are more intellegent, healthier, less likely to get serious illnesses in later life just through breast feeding. That's just my opinion though!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->