Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

Kelly9

Reaction score
I am starting this thread for all mums out there who are breastfeeding and hoping to be preggo again soon! Even if you're just NTNP come and join us!

A little about me I am 26 with a 5 month old baby boy named Skyler. He is the light of my life! My dh and i decided to start ttc again because we have male factor Infertility and conceiving our first miracle took 16 cycles or a year and half. I certainly hope it does not take that long this time around!

My cycle started up again when my boy was 3 months old being EBF. They're a bit longer then before but do come eventually. I chart and use opks so feel free to stalk my FF or my journal!

Members:
Kelly9 - Tiffany: FF Chart :bfp: #16
SarahMelissa - Sarah: FF Chart:bfp: #1 Baby Ben born Nov 13, 2011!
Guppy051708 - Steph: FF Chart :bfp: #7
Melissa_M:FF Chart :bfp: #6
Crossroads:FF Chart :bfp: #5
Queserasera - Shannon :bfp: #10
Lucy_x
Bky
Lucy_lu10 :bfp: #2
Annabanana9
Mork :bfp: #19
ThatGirl
Kota
Gina8177: FF Chart :bfp: #18
Sun: FF Chart:bfp: #3
Jellybeann :bfp: #11 :angel:
Madge :bfp: #4
Crazy84
Polaris: FF Chart
Kel127 :bfp: #12
LolaAnn :bfp: #9 :angel:
Nicoleoleole: FF Chart :bfp: #8 :angel: :bfp: #13 :angel: :bfp: #17 :angel:
Kimbo46 :bfp: #14
Cmom
Mummy2corban
MandaAnda
Pretty Sakura :bfp: #15
Cookielucylou
Ladymum
Candycurls
Lindblum
Torz

To introduce myself:

I EBF for 6 months and have just started weaning. I've had periods since 6 weeks! They are pretty regular now. I have a feeling I'm currently at the fertile time in my cycle.

Hubby and I have just started NTNP. Basically we're just having sex in the middle of my cycle and hoping for the best.

Hi! I'll be NTNP in a few weeks when my pills run out. No AF yet though not entirely sure if it's the minipill or the BF that is causing that. My baby is just over 6 months old.

hello ladies! so excited for this thread! to introduce myself:

i am 25 and my DD is 4 months today! DH and I have been NTNP since we got the go ahead from the doctor to BD at 6 weeks. but AF has not returned in any predictable sort of way yet (a light bleed at 2 months PP and another over this past weekend) so we arent even sure that i have returned to a fertile state yet. we are hoping to conceive in such a timeframe that DD and the new baby would be 2 years apart or less. i have a 4 yr old stepson, and while he loves his sister, the age difference is pretty significant. so we hope to have less of a gap between DD and #2..

@crossroads: we did the same thing with DD and just BDed in the middle of my cycle. i dont know if we just got lucky last time, conceiving in only 5 cycles last time...but i think we are going to do the same this time. though, if i start charting and temping and such, im definitely gonna ask Kelly9 for a tutorial...seems like shes got it down to an art! :)

baby dust to us all!

Hi! And welcome!

I am awaiting the witch as we type! Feels like she is coming but she's taking her dear sweet time! When she does show I'll be on to cycle three of ttc while bf'ing! I'll also be starting clomid this coming cycle.

I've been charting for a while so ask away!

ahh...i just hate that feeling, knowing that AF is about to show. it seems like it takes forever coming on lately...not sure if its a result of labour or of nursing, but before this last bleed i felt crampy and tired and bloated for nearly 2 weeks! it stuck around so long with no sign of an actual AF, that i had nearly convinced myself that they were pregnancy symptoms! lol. hope she comes on soon and gets over quick for you...so you can get back to making baby #2 :)

i will definitely ask you about any charting questions that come up. i am going to give it this month and see if my cycle has returned to normal with this last little bleed. if not, i think i will start testing to see if im even ovulating. i never thought i would complain of being without AF, but without it i really have no idea what is going on with my body!

I like charting for that reason! Let's me know what's going on. I've felt the witch coming on for two days now and am currently 12 or 13 dpo but problem is since my af returned my lp has been 1O days or less so I am happy to say if she shows today I'll have a 12 day lp. It took a couple cycles for her to regulate and now she seems to be doing so.

Crossroads good luck dtd! I hope you catch that eggy!

Hi Ladies :) Tiffany already knows me, but for the rest of you I'm Melissa I'm 26, been with DH (29) for 11 years and married for 3, we have a little girl, Alia who is just over 5 months. I've been exclusively breastfeeding her for the past five months but haven't got AF back....I might start swapping formula in around 6 months so I can get AF back and TTC again!!!
Hoping for a JANUARY or FEBRUARY 2012 baby!!! :flower:

nice to meet you melissa! i think the formula is what trigger AF to begin to return for me. when Audrey went to daycare and started taking EBM in a bottle, she got WAAAAY hungrier than she had ever been before. im not sure if it was the bottle or what. but, despite my many efforts to increase my tiny little milk supply, i havent been able to produce enough to keep her quite satisfied. so she gets about 4oz/day of formula. and once we started doing that i got crampy and finally AF showed up late last week.

i kind of hate that i have to give her formula, but at the same time i justify it knowing that im giving her all that i can. and, on the plus side, it seems to be helping me to regain my fertility...

by the way, your daughter is absolutely adorable. i love the hat! ;)

AF is on her way back for you melissa! SO happy you came over here, now we just need steph and a few others. I will recruit them and anyone else. This is the first time I've run my own thread or group so I hope it turns out well.

Still no AF for me but some browny beigey cm? We'll see what tomorrow brings! Whoot for a 13 day lp!

hello all! :wave:

My name is Stephanie and I am almost 5 months PP. Thought I attempted to BF exclusivley, I found out that i have Chronic Low Milk Supply :)cry:) To this day its still so upsetting me :( I mean, KNOW i did EVERYTHING in my power to get a supply, from nursing, pumping, using an SNS, frequent feedings, getting sleep, taking herbal remedies, eating BF friendly foods, and drinking plenty of water (and beer :haha:) and meeting lacation for 4 weeks, also being meds (Domperidone) to increase it. Nothing worked enough.So now I make the most of my "supply" and supplement. My cycles finally started a week ago. I need 3 consecutive cycles in order to start the medical end of being a Gestational Surrogate. So i am excited about that. If a match doesn't come through for us, then we will be moving on to TTC our own bundle of joy in November. We have been looking for Intended parents since the end of October. Went through 3 couples, but it just wasn't the right fit :nope: Either way I should be knocked up by December if all goes well...i hope it does. I am very excited about both Prospects :wohoo: and will be happy with either outcome. At some point in my life I WILL be doing Gestational Surrogacy if it doesn't happen this year :thumbup:

To the girls charting, I have loads of experience with it so i can answer some of your questions as well :thumbup:

Tiff, you ARE testing tomorrow, right?!?!
(i mean, it would be reasonable if you still dont have a flow and/or your temp is still above coverline :D)

I might consider it. We'll see how I am feeling in the am and most importantly if I remember to lol. If I do remember I might even use a frer. Although it would be a waste cause I know she's coming.

Thats why I did the cheapy tests! Cut down on wasting $$ but I have 5 frer's from Jessa still so who knows what I'll do.

I think this is a very resonable time to be using the good ones :D

:hi: I think I belong here now, we are NTNP :happydance:

Tiff also knows me, we were bump buddies first time around but for the others I am Sarah im 28 DH is 30, Maxy will be 7 months in a couple of days. He has been EBF this whole time and still is, I got my first AF back at 5 months and then got a second AF 6 weeks after that now im currently on my third cycle which i hope will become a lot more regular like my 30-31 day cycles I used to have.

DH and I are offically NTNP now, we took a bit longer than normal to get pg first time and it was with the use of Letrozole (clomid) so i dont want to wait too long to try again in case im in for a bit more a wait again.

So we will see what happens, i did notice some EWCM yesterday and then :sex: this morning, so i guess only time will tell :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->