Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

haha...i will admit to being about 70% clueless about the whole thing and the other 30% just scared of having a huge baby. i saw my ex sister-in-law push out my nephew and heard about my neices moms birth too...what horrific experiences. so when the doctor said "big baby" i was determined to do everything i could to speed the process up! lol. also, i was admitedly a little impatient and more than a little uncomfortable at the time ;)

so funny about the yoga ball because that was the only thing that would calm audrey for the first couple of months too. and one night at about midnight and in the middle of a huge crying colic fest it burst! i about cried and didnt know how i would last until the shops opened the next morning. lol. surprisingly though we survived the night and i didnt get another so we could slowly break her of her bouncing habit! ;)

thank you! and your son is absolutely gorgeous as well! i love too that youre going to be a surrogate...i have always wanted to do that but dh is a bit on the fence about it. huge kuddos to you! :D

Clomid is a drug to help you ovulate and or if you already ovulate well on your own it can produce multiple eggs. I am taking it for the mulriple eggs reason, my hubby's spermies are not good at all so the doc figures that more eggs equals a better chance for one of them, I like taking it cause i can feel when I ovulate like down to the half hour so I can time sex expertly! I still think thats the only reason why we got pregnant with Skyler.

They told me i was going to have a big baby to like a 9 pounder cause I had gestational diabetes but he popped out at 7 pounds 13 ounces so I was more then happy, I just kept praying he'd be under 8!

Everyone thinks if your baby is over 8 than its a huge baby. But that average (U.S.) baby weighs 6lbs-9.5lbs.

oh, i do not miss the colicky phase :nope: that was terrible. Its like when they hit 3 months they magically are happy more often lol

Im a little nervous about being a surrogate...its taking forever though...seriously we are trying find couple #4 already and its been almost 5 months :wacko: if it goes on too long we are going to try for our own. I dont want to wait around forever. Hope you can convience your dh if thats what you want to do :) it (will) be such an amazing experience ;)

Hey there! Someone directed me to this thread! Awesome!

I am still nursing my 14 month old on demand. She nurses 3-4 times a day. I got my period back at 9 months and have been ovulating since then. Trying SO HARD for baby #2.

Oh, I am testing tomorrow by the way. Period isn't due for a few days, but why not?!

And yes, American birth practices are very sad. I know so many women who deliver vaginally (at home, even) 10 pounders. The Business of Being Born is extremely enlightening. I am sure a few of you have probably seen it. If not, it is a MUST see!!!!!

Ugh, so nervous about testing!!!

Welcome! I hope your test brings you our groups first BFP! Be sure to let us know how it goes!

I'll be pushing out whatever size babies I make, forget a c section!

The witch is being mean to me this month! Heavy heavy flow and cramps, yikes!

Hi Everyone,

My name's Lucy, I'm 23 and my husband and I (married for 2.5 years) just started trying for #2. We have an 11 month old son and he was exclusively breastfed up to 6 months and still prefers my milk over anything else now. He nurses quite frequently through the day, on demand. I got my period back when Jack was 7 months old and have had 31-33 day cycles up until today! AF got me today after 27 days so that screwed up my ovulation dates and DH and I missed the boat! :shrug: This was our first cycle. I'm hoping that it's not too hard to conceive #2. We would have started trying earlier but I need to go back to work to get 600 hours in for my next maternity leave and since my work is seasonal, that means being able to work this entire summer. So, that's my story in a nutshell! :) Looking forward to chatting with you ladies.

I've watched The Business of being Born and it really is a must-see for all parents-to-be. I'm happy to say that I vaginally delivered my 9lb 3oz boy drug-free, it can be done! :happydance: I'm almost more scared of baby #2 one day though because I want to go that route again but now that I know what contractions feel like (I will never fully forget that pain!!) I just hope I don't cave early on. :)

Am I the only person who got their period back at 6 weeks despite EBFing?

I got mine back at 11 weeks despite EBF. I was surprised but happy!

Lucy, my first cycle I had a 3 day lp! I ovulated then the witch showed three days later so maybe you did Ovulate later but your lp was shorter, I guess it's pretty common after delivering for the first cycle or two. I am on my third cycle now and my lp was 13 days it it got back up to normal fast.

no period yet for me....

i would've pushed 8lb12oz Alia out if she could fit through my pelvis!!! but nope, she wanted to do things the hard way!

Hi! :hi:
Hope it's okay to join :) I'm Anna, I'm 34, and I'm a BF mummy to Alyssa, who will be two in February :O
I'm currently expecting AF, reckon it should have arrived yesterday, but nothing. I have VERY tender breasts though - to the point that it's painful when Alyssa nurses. My cycles are regular-ish.... average 25 days, but can be as short as 23 or as long as 28. I am keeping everything crossed that these are very early pregnancy symptoms I'm feeling and not just AF dragging her heels, but I am frightened to test in case I've just been getting my hopes up :haha:

Looking forward to getting to know you all better :flower:

Lucy, my first cycle I had a 3 day lp! I ovulated then the witch showed three days later so maybe you did Ovulate later but your lp was shorter, I guess it's pretty common after delivering for the first cycle or two. I am on my third cycle now and my lp was 13 days it it got back up to normal fast.

That's crazy how irregular they can be after having a baby!! I totally thought I knew when I was ovulating (had the right CM and everything) but I guess I was wrong......and thinking back, I did have another couple days of fertile-looking CM about 5-6 days before AF arrived. I wonder if I did just have a super short LP this cycle? So if you have a really short LP and conceive, how does that work with testing? Would you have to wait until AF is super super late before getting a +ve?
Anyway, I'm on my fifth cycle now since having my son and am hoping that DH can catch that egg this time!! :D

I'm not totally sure lucy, but I don't think you can conceive with such a short luteal phase...i think it has to be at least 10 days so the egg has time to implant, etc.

Yeah if your lp was shorter then 10 days it would be hard sustaining a pregnancy but if you've had 5 cycles already it should be good! I thought you were awaiting your first cycle. My lp is now 13 days after three cycles it was 10 days last cycle and only three days for the first which is why I was caught off guard without pads when the witch showed!

Welcome Anna! Good luck to you but of course I would say test!!!!

I got mine back at 11 weeks despite EBF. I was surprised but happy!

thats encouraging :thumbup:

No idea what my lp is as I'm not charting this time

...yet :blush:

It was encouraging to see it get longer. I didn't freak out about it cause I figured bf'ing would mess it up.

Day three of clomid today, some visual issues, and a headache. Thats about it. The last time I took it I had minimal side effects. I guess I"ll be doing opks at cd11 since you can ovulate 5-9 days after stopping the last pill.

Is anyone else about to enter the two week wait? My last baby dancing session is tomorrow

not I crossroads (btw, i remember you from the chart stalkers group :friends:) :dust:

Should be hearing back tomorrow though about a couple of Intended Parents...Couple #4...hhope it works out soon :dust:

I am just wrapping up with the witch so not I. But good luck! I'll be there in another 10 or so days hopefully

Clomid is a drug to help you ovulate and or if you already ovulate well on your own it can produce multiple eggs. I am taking it for the mulriple eggs reason, my hubby's spermies are not good at all so the doc figures that more eggs equals a better chance for one of them, I like taking it cause i can feel when I ovulate like down to the half hour so I can time sex expertly! I still think thats the only reason why we got pregnant with Skyler.

They told me i was going to have a big baby to like a 9 pounder cause I had gestational diabetes but he popped out at 7 pounds 13 ounces so I was more then happy, I just kept praying he'd be under 8!

oh i see. thanks for explaining..ive heard it spoken of quite a bit on these threads but i never quite knew what it was for. it sounds like it would really make the whole timing issue a lot easier. i dont even chart or anything so i have absolutely no idea about any of the details of my cycle. every month is pretty much a shot in the dark for us! lol.

is the chance for multiples higher with clomid then? DH has twins all over his family tree and so everyone was joking when i was pregnant that it was twins cause i got pretty big (really is was just an ice cream baby...the sweet tooth got me there at the end) but even with the jokes i was a little nervous about multiples...how do you ever get any sleep with more than one newborn!? lol. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->