Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

Everyone thinks if your baby is over 8 than its a huge baby. But that average (U.S.) baby weighs 6lbs-9.5lbs.

oh, i do not miss the colicky phase :nope: that was terrible. Its like when they hit 3 months they magically are happy more often lol

Im a little nervous about being a surrogate...its taking forever though...seriously we are trying find couple #4 already and its been almost 5 months :wacko: if it goes on too long we are going to try for our own. I dont want to wait around forever. Hope you can convience your dh if thats what you want to do :) it (will) be such an amazing experience ;)

yea my doctor was way off. i think it was because i had a relatively big spike in weight gain at the end of my pregnancy. but i hadnt gained much throughout so i think it was just everything catching up with me. that and i got a horible sweet tooth the last two months (which i am still paying for 4 months later!)

thankfully audrey was only colicky for about 2 weeks! then she got a bad cold and was all stuffy and icky feeling, but when she came out of the cold she came out of the colic too! so that was kinda nice :) so we enjoyed the happiness for about 3 weeks, but then she had to go into a pavlik harness because she had hip displatia...it kept her hips always bent at a 90 degree angle...once we put her in that she was angry again and for a whole 5 weeks!

are the couples just not a right fit or have you actually done the procedure 3 times without success? i really admire the surrogate process. i myself an adopted and to a family where my adoptive mom just wanted to have kids, thats all she wanted since forever, and she had 5 miscarriages and was told she couldnt try anymore cause the last one nearly killed her. they adopted my brother and then, 10 years later, me. they are such great parents, and there are just people out there that want to be and can be great parents but just cant conceive on their own. so anything that helps those couples is fantastic in my book! :)

btw, welcome bass, lucy and anna! cant wait to get to know you all!

did you guys end up testing over the weekend, bass or anna? maybe, like kelly said, you guys will be the thread's first BFPs! :)

hey, maybe youre just on one of your longer cycles and youve tested to early to get a positive result! so long as theres no AF yet, theres still hope :)

btw...your daughter is such a cutie! and so many congratulations on BF this long! Audrey is only 4 months and already I am starting to dry up and having to combi feed a bit, despite trying everything under the sun to increase my supply :(

SOrry about the bfn.

Quesera we go in for an xray for Skyler tomorrow to check for hip displasia, I really hope he doesn't need the brace but his hips click so much and you can really feel it.

Witch is winding up for me! One more day of clomid and I get to have sex again!

kelly, not to dash your hopes, but thats how audreys were too. luckily even though they sounded and felt bad, it was only mild displatia. her angles were at 52 (L) and 56 (R). At our hospital they like to have above 60. So she was in the brace for 5 weeks. She hated it at first but got used to it after a few days. And you learn to do everything even with it on..swaddling, BFing, etc. We kept her in it 24/7 and only took her out for changing clothes and giving baths. In 5 weeks her angles were up to 68 (L) and 71 (R). I talked to some people that took their LO out of it for an hour a day to stretch and such, but they didnt get as much improvement as fast. also, if they do put him in it, demand that they give you two braces...those things get so dirty so fast youll want an extra to switch out for washing and such. youll also want to get some moleskin (the stuff that runners use on their feet to avoid blisters) because the straps rub the skin and can make the skin tender. ill keep my fingers crossed that you avoid it altogether though! :)

horray for the witch making her exit! hopefully you wont see her again for 10+ months! :D

Thanks sera! Well, we just rant willing to terminate so it's making the matching process take way longer than it usually would. We should be hearing back tomorrow if couple #4 is interested or not.

Sorry about the bfn :(

Tiffany, may I make a suggestion? (I am, even if you say no :haha:) but can u add everyones name and then when each of us get our :bfp: you can add about it :thumbup:? I think it would be very encouraging :)

lol I guess I could do that but can it wait till tomorrow? Tonight is winding up and I don't know all the people in here... maybe I'll add some then others can tell me if I forgot them lol

God I hope he doesn't need the brace! Did they do an u/s or an xray? We need to go in for an xray Skyler is to old for the u/s

Getting the hot flashes from the clomid now!

i hope that couple #4 ends up being the lucky couple for you guys! i understand completely about the not wanting to terminate...i think i would feel the same in that situation.

they did ultrasounds on audrey. i guess, however, that since she had this they like to check on it periodically as she develops. so she has to go in again in 2 more months, and that one will be an xray. i dont really understand the "too old for an unltrasound" thing. im not a doctor so i dont know, but i just figure they do ultrasounds on grown women during pregnancy, so how does a baby outgrow one? fingers crossed that you guys get good news tomorrow!! :)

sounds like taking clomid is a lot like going through menopause...headaches, hot flashes...oh the things we do for our little ones! ;) do you take it all month or is it just for a certain period of time?

sounds like taking clomid is a lot like going through menopause...headaches, hot flashes...oh the things we do for our little ones! ;) do you take it all month or is it just for a certain period of time?

:haha: i was thinking the exact same thing! lol

oh i just saw everyones name on the front post! good idea, for sure. btw, my name is shannon! haha...kinda forgot to properly introduce myself.. in 25; we live in hawaii, for now; im an architect and DH is in the air force; and i have a 4 year old stepson in addition to my DD. :)

tiffany - hope that the appointment goes well with your son today! and hopefully the hot flashes and such have eased for you today...sounded like you were having some pretty intense side effects yesterday!

Shannon....can I come visit in Hawaii???? it's -30 here today

You take clomid for 5 days, check out my FF chart in my siggy.

I will get the side effects all month, they aren't that bad. Worth it if it works.

Steph have you heard about couple 4 yet?

Melissa you're gettng what we had a week ago now it's plus 6 and 10 here.

Xray done but we wont get results for a week.

definitely! come on over girls! :) its kind of a bleh day here at 76 degrees and partly cloudy... ;) hehe. i did live in wyoming from birth until 18 though, and my hometown was named, by Farmers Almanac, to be #3 on the list of cities with the worst winters in the US. so growing up i put in my dues for winter weather! ;) and, unfortunately, we cant stay here forever and will be moving in november...just not sure where yet. we will get orders in june or july probably.

fingers crossed that the xray results come back with positive news!

and i agree, all the hot flashes and headaches in the world are sooo worth it to make another precious little one :)

Guys is there any way to know if you're ovulating besides charting and OPKs?

Also, does anyone have a CBFM? x

sorry, im no help on that one...we use the "take a shot in the dark" (i call it the SitD)method ;)

i was looking at a CBFM, but they are kind of expensive and am now thinking that if the SitD method doesnt work for us in 6 months, then i will look into putting out the cash for one

there are several other "signs" of ovulation - one is your cervical mucous...once it starts getting wet and gooey like egg whites then you're close to ovulation. Another sign is that you actually crave sex around ovulation time. Also, some women are able to tell they are ovulating because they get a sharp pain and sometimes spotting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->