Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Thanks for the updates, Spiffy and Zephyr! Glad things are going well so far. I hope Asher passed his car seat test and you're on your way home. :)

DD has has had a few bad nights. She's been a little ill I think; one night she kept waking complaining her throat hurt. Last night was awful- she kept waking and wouldn't settle, even in our bed. I hardly got any sleep and had to get up pretty early to do an extra shift at work while she had a lie in! I've been so exhausted today. I really hope tonight is better!

Cangaroo, I'm sorry you got such a bad night of sleep last night! :( I hope your DD is feeling better and will let you get more sleep tonight. :hugs:

VJean, I didn't post much about my pregnancy on facebook, either, although I've been spamming a bit these past few days with pictures and updates about Asher. :haha: I can't wait for your induction this Friday so we can "meet" your little guy! :flower:

Well, Asher's home safe and sound. The nurse said he passed his car seat test by a hair because his oxygen levels did de-sat a few times, but he was able to bring them back up on his own. Here's a picture of our boys fast asleep on the way home from the hospital. :)

1969219_10100848787095928_9028831980985447738_n.jpg

Aww!!! So so glad everything is going great for you Zephyr and Spiffy!!!!

Oh Zephyr, was going to tell you, but I forgot. It turns out Asher was a posterior baby, too! My OB had to turn him as he was being delivered. I guess that explains why we both had that "butt pressure". :haha: :dohh:

I'm glad to hear that she (Annabelle?) is doing so well! I still can't believe she was so big, either! I'm glad to hear your milk is coming in, too. Mine hasn't yet, but unlike you, I'm not looking forward to it, because it won't be doing me any good, and then I have to deal with engorgement while trying not to express anything, which would just stimulate more milk.

Asher is having his car seat test done right now, and assuming he passes, we'll be leaving the hospital right after! :flower:

Haha! Omigosh that pressure was the worst! I actually don't know what way she came out I will have to ask but Im pretty sure she turned round as I progressed very fast.
I found out at my check at 1030pm my cervix was 3cm dialated, long uneffaced and posterior.

Awh Im sorry about the milk thing that would hurt alot :( hopefully it doesn't take too long to pass.
I hope the car seat test goes well :) that's so great that you are able to go home with Asher so soon after having him!

We have decided to call her Annabelle :)

Aww, glad Alia was excited! Make the most of the rest while you can.

I'll almost certainly be the last of our batch to have their baby. I have the last due date and DD1 was a week late. It's even possible I'll have a December baby (just)!

Oh cangaroo, I'll be right at the end with you. I'm due on November 19th! And the earliest I've ever gone is 5 days. I've been late with 2 of mine. So maybe you and I will share a "birth" day. :)

Was your night better Canga?

How did your first night home go Spiffy?

How is Annabelle?

I hope you'll all stick around till Jan when I deliver! ;) I know I'm not a November due date but I'll sure miss talking to you all! :)

Oh!!!!! It's vday for me today!!!!!!! I'm so excited!

Oh yes, of course we will! I'm only the last of the November lot- there are a few more we'll be cheering on after that. :)

TTC, of course we'll be here when you deliver! I have a feeling this thread will go from a pregnancy support group to a newborn support group, as we'll probably all need it! :winkwink: Congratulations on hitting 24 weeks!

Zephyr, that's great that you have an official name for her. It's absolutely lovely. :flower: And wow, that was some seriously fast progress, considering she came just two hours later! :shock: I always jump from about 6cm to 10cm pretty fast, but not that fast!

The first night home went great. Asher ate just before we went to bed, around 11pm, then again at 2:30am, 5:30am, and then 9am, so really not bad at all! Of course I also had to get up and feed my DS once during that time, too. :dohh: That boy didn't get the memo about sleeping through the night before the baby was born!

I hope you pregnant mamas are all feeling well. :flower:

Happy v day ttc!!!

36 week bump selfie with my last one on the left. Looks like my bump had dropped a bit :) it feels like it's dropped more than that lol. It rests on my legs when I sit now lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 3
Thank you guys :)

Veronica looking good!!!!!

Spiffy, lol about Liam and sleeping ;) Sounds like Asher did pretty well! How are you recovering?

Here's my 24 week bump (from yesterday)....
https://s467.photobucket.com/albums.../?action=view&current=IMG_20141011_153813.jpg

Happy vday ttc!

Hehe love the bump pictures :)

I didn't sleep much last night. Annabelle didn't want daddy at all, just me and woke to feed every 40 minutes or less. She just wanted to eat.
I didn't even leave the couch but I tried my best to doze a wee bit.

Sounds like Annabelle is having a growth spurt, Zephyr. Hope you get a chance to nap today!

TTC and Veronicaco, your bumps are both looking great! Veronicaco, I can definitely tell that it's dropped. :thumbup:

Zephyr, I'm sorry you didn't get much sleep last night! I think I lived on the couch for the first 4 weeks with my DD because she was just awake all night. I would sit there with her at my breast and just be trying so hard not to doze off. I hope she starts to space out her feeds soon so you can manage some sleep in between. :hugs:

TTC, I'm recovering really well, thanks. I didn't even tear this time (hallelujah!) so I feel pretty much back to normal already. The only thing bothering me right now is my super engorged boobs. I really hope it doesn't last too long.

Spiffy, i have an idea for you... benadryl dries up milk incredibly quickly. It worked for several girls i know trying to stop bf suddenly for various reasons. Also altoid mints and cabbage leaves. But seriously within a couple doses of benadryl you'll produce significantly less milk. :)

Thanks, TTC. I'll have to get some Benadryl at the store tomorrow, and cabbage leaves. Right now I'm finding it so hard not to massage my breasts to relieve the pain, since I know that will only stimulate them to produce more. Hopefully those remedies make this process go faster!

Awake at 4am again and couldn't get back to sleep!! Argghh. Woke up with ache right across the top of my bump again! Has anyone had this? I don't remember having it with dd and I can't work out if it's baby going banzai and kicking the crap out of that area while I'm asleep or if it's something else!

Zephyr did you manage to get some clothes that fit? Hehe! So sweet!

Spiffy sorry about your ouchy boobies. Hopefully the Benadryl will help. Loving the fb pictures.

Ttc super bump! Happy v day.

Veronica loving the bump. Defo looks lower! Not experienced that before?! I get aches and pains but I think sometimes that's all because how I've laid or how baby has.

I've got the midwife today. Having bloods drawn so fingers crossed!

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->