Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

DD has been loads better today. We're off to visit my cousin's new baby tomorrow, so that should keep us distracted!

Glad to hear she's better!!!!

Today, one of my dogs swallowed a bone treat whole :( It was so terrifying. Got lodged in his throat and he was crying and screeching and breathing weird. DH rushed him to the vet and they wanted to do a camera scope and xrays etc totaling over $1300 :( We do not have money like that for our dogs. It's awful, but we are a single income family, as i know several of you are as well. We managed to convince the vet to try pushing the treat down without using the camera. She agreed. It was still about $400....makes me sick, but what else could we do? DH went to go pick him up from the animal hospital now so hope he will be ok. Our dogs (little shih tzus) are so sweet, but who can afford thousands on a pet in this economy???

That's my excitement for the day. I've barely eaten too, so now I'm stressing that i won't gain weight....Bleh!!!!

Spiffy, your poptart story made me see red! I do agree with you! Some people seem to want to be a sneaky treat giver and don't realize it can hurt or even kill baby! So far my son seems fine so I'm guessing the honey did no harm thankfully...

Hope everyone else is well!

Oh my goodness spiffy! I totally agree! My mum gave dd a Dorito when she was 9/10 mo. She choked so badly I nearly called an ambulance. When she finally brought it up it was a triangular shard of crisp. I was furious, it certainly scared the crap out of my parents, they've been extremely compliant with my wishes since then lol :)

Hope your doggy is ok ttc!! So expensive to go to the vet but sometimes it needs to be done!!

Cangaroo, I'm glad your DD is feeling better today!

TTC, how scary! I know what you mean, though, no matter how much we love our pets, we can only justify spending so much money when we have our family to think about. I'm glad your doggy is okay now. :hugs:

Well, we announced the gender on Facebook, but I guess this picture can also count as my 24 week bump pic. :flower:

10515216_10100767051714288_6115307276075892581_o.jpg

Ttc so sorry about your doggy! Vet bills can be absolutely crazy. Hope you manage to eat something lovely.

Spiffy super cute picture! Yay for 24 weeks! Team blue!

Luckily my mum and DH mum ask before they feed my littlies anything. But I can see how angry I would be if they didn't listen.

Cangaroo sounds like your dd is getting lotsa baby practice in!

I'm hoping to get some more baby bits out of the loft to sort through. Makes me feel better being a bit more organised!

Xxx

I got all the baby clothes down from the attic and washed a week or so ago, but still haven't gotten around to putting it all away! Maybe tomorrow

DD loved my cousin's baby, but he slept pretty much all day so she wasn't that entertained by him! He is only 2 weeks old so not surprising. My aunt told the story today of when my sister and I (aged nearly 5 and nearly 2) met our cousin for the first time. We liked her so much we insisted on our parents driving us the 2 hours to see her again the following weekend!

I got some fairy fabric softener so I'll now start washing bubbas clothes. How sweet your dd loves her cousin. I'm so excited for newborn snuggles!

Xx

Cangaroo, that's great that your DD is so excited to be a big sister. :flower: Alia was a horrible big sister to Liam when he was a baby, but she was also only 16 months old when he was born. She tried to hit him and pull his hair whenever she got the chance, so we had to keep him out of her reach most of the time. She was jealous of the attention we gave him, and knew that if she hurt him, she got a reaction out of us right away. :( I really hope she does better this time now that she's older, and doesn't see the new baby as just another kid that's going to want to take all her toys eventually. I hope that Liam does better than she did because he's never been an only child and doesn't have the same expectation of getting all of our attention all the time.

As for washing clothes, I feel almost weird getting our boy clothes out already, since I just packed them up a few months ago! :dohh:

I done a white wash and cooed all over the teeny clothes. Got a few more bits to wash then it's just waiting to find out what baby is! Eek!

Spiffy it's crazy your getting your boys stuff out again so soon. I can't believe how small Corban and indigo were! Ahhhh!

Xxx

Honestly, I was much more excited to get out my girl clothes again, since it's been longer, and since most of her clothes were new, whereas all of Liam's were used to begin with (my aunt had a boy 6 months before me), so I never got to actually pick out boy clothes for him. I think I may go buy at least one new outfit for this little boy to take to the hospital with us, just so I can sort of having the "shopping experience." :winkwink:

I still havnt washed our clothes :p I probably should do that soon.

Im hoping my toddlers take to the new baby well. Bit nervous about it tbh. They both seem excited when we talk about getting a new baby and they give my tummy hugs and kisses but that is different to having an actual baby.

Still not sleeping well and baby seems to be very active now especially at night!

Corban was great with indigo but he was 2.5. I'm more concerned about indie as she can be a bit of a monkey. Not one to listen to no! Hopefully she will be ok.

Zephyr I'm not sleeping so well either. It's not because of bump though. Either I just can't sleep or my arms and legs are restless.

Xxx

I've heard that magnesium supplements can help you sleep better, but I've never tried them, so I can't really say for myself. I have issues sleeping, too, but mine issues are caused by a certain little boy who still wakes up 3-4 times a night. :dohh:

Is anyone else having hip pain yet? I tend to get it pretty early on due to my hips being misaligned, but I've definitely hit the point where it just kills to roll over in bed, and I just kind of hobble for a little bit when I have to get up, which, as mentioned above, is more often then I'd like.

Thanks ill look into supplements.
I cant get to sleep, I dont nap during the day and I only get 2 hours of unbroken sleep at night the rest is broken and its about 4 or 5 hours so I dont know why when I get into bed im just not tired anymore. Its really frustrating.
hubby snoring wakes me up, the twins wake me up, every little sound wakes me up.
the other night I got up to pee 6 times before I even managed to fall asleep!!! Ugh.

Ive been getting hip and pelvis pain for a few weeks now too. I'm the same rolling over and getting up spiffy :p

Thats funny you mention the restless arms and legs. Ive never had it before but have been getting it this time round even when im just sitting there.

Hi everyone! Hope you all had good weekends! :)

Dh and i got in a massive fight yesterday and he said "why are we even having another baby" :cry: it was such a tacky thing to say. I was so upset. He did apologize profusely and said he loves both our babies and he loves me, he's just been very stressed with how ill I've been feeling and with work etc. We made up today.

My doggy is doing so much better, thank you everyone!

I'm 13 weeks finally! I feel the baby move every day so that's so nice and reassuring! I would still be reassured even if i didn't feel movement since I'm still sick as can be! Friends invited us to dinner with them at one of our favorite restaurants and i had to cancel feeling so awful! :(

I hope you ladies further along with bigger bellies can get comfortable to get more rest! I already sleep with a nest of pillows. So hot but I'm alreadyso uncomfortable at night! Spiffy, i had horrendous tailbone pain with ds. I hope your poor hips don't get too bad!

Hope you all have a good evening! It's only 7pm but I'm off to bed soon :)

Ooh ps. So fun to hear of you all unpacking the baby clothes!!!! I can't wait!!!!

Zephyr, something that totally changed sleep for me is a white noise machine. I love it! I'm such a light sleeper, and everything wakes me up, and my DH snores, too. The white noise sort of makes it all background noise and now I can sleep so much deeper than I used to. Of course it means that I need to use baby monitors so that I can hear if my kids wake up at night, but it's such a small price to pay for good sleep.

TTC, I'm sorry you and your DH got into a fight. :( My DH has had depressed moments where he's said things like, "Are we sure we can even handle a third baby?" And I just stare at him like, Isn't it a little late to be asking that? But he usually comes around pretty quickly. I'm glad you guys made up, though. :hugs:

EDIT: A lady on the "Breastfeeding baby, not preventing another" thread that most of us graduated from, just said that she's been taking Magnesium lately for other reasons and has been getting amazing sleep because of it. So there's a testimonial! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->