Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Zephyr restless arms and legs is rubbish. Hope if you try the magnesium it helps. I'm going into town on Friday so I may try that. I've read that low iron can cause the restless legs.

Ttc sorry to hear about your argument. Hope all is ok now. Great news about your doggie. How lovely you already feel bubba. Always reassuring isn't it?

Spiffy I'm a light sleeper too. But maybe it's a good job as DH never hears the little people!

Xxx

M2C, cute bump! It's funny how different yours looks compared to mine, because I have such a short torso that my bump is like a big ball from my breasts to my pelvis. :haha: Also, my fundal height was so high last time, so baby boy is just sitting up right under my ribs right now, which makes it even worse. :dohh:

Woohoo for almost hitting the double digits! I was just thinking about that before I read your post. Its a fun little milestone to hit, though for me it doesn't really mean very much, since there's a 99% chance I'll go early, so I'm very likely already in the double digits. :flower:

I have quite a long old body so have lotsa room! Hehe! Love seeing all kinda bumps. You say about the double digits unlike you I probably actually have longer to double digits after my monkeys being late!!!!

Xx

Yay for no sick! Long may it continue. :)

V day for me today! It's an amazing thought as there's still so long to go, particularly as I expect to be at least a week overdue...

Happy V-Day, Cangaroo! :flower:

M2C, yay for not being sick, now lets just hope this is the beginning of better days for you!

As for me, it's as if someone flipped a switch and my Irritable Uterus is now in full swing. Gone are the days of 4-7 contractions a day. Try 4-7 in an hour. Thankfully it only gets that bad in the evenings, but even now I know it will get worse, because I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes that would last for hours with my DS. So I guess I'll just enjoy only having contractions every 10-15 minutes for now.

Thanks ladies! Fingers crossed..... Not gonna get too excited just encase!

Cangaroo happy v day! I also think I'll go over too seeing as both have mine will be late!

Spiffy it must get uncomfortable and annoying. It's rubbish they have already ramped up. Does anything ease them?

Xxx

Spiffy that sucks! I hope they ease again xx

Happy v-day Cangaroo :) x

Last day of triple digits for me :) and only 9 days left of 2nd tri!! I've started doing some shopping and sorting out now which is exciting :) I bought a new changing table, a gift for my friend who's 40 weeks tomorrow, a couple of cute onesies and I've gone through all of dd's old stuff to choose what to sell and what to keep :) I've also bought a new mattress for the co-sleeper cot and a new mattress for our bed as our old one is so uncomfortable. I just really want to get a few more names in mind as it's driving me crazy!! Unusual boys name suggestions are welcome :)

M2C, everyone keeps saying that the third baby can be a wild card when it comes to labor, so hopefully that means you'll go a little early this time!

Veronicaco, sounds like you're getting super organized. I wish I could say the same! I've had a few nesting sprees lately, but they were focused on getting our basement cleaned up and organized, since it was the last thing to be done since we moved in March. As for names, I wish I were familiar with more unique boy names, but seeing as most of them wouldn't make DH's list, I just stopped looking, because it was hard to find cool names that I liked that I knew we couldn't use. I'm just happy that Asher is both unique (around here at least) and has a good meaning (blessed, happy) so that we can use it.

To answer your question M2C, nothing really eases an Irritable Uterus, which is how you know it's not just a lot of Braxton Hicks. In fact, if I sit down or lay down, I often get even more contractions (though it might just seem that way since they're easier to notice when I'm still). People say that drinking a lot of water helps (but having a full bladder makes it worse, so it's a catch-22) but I never saw much improvement last time around no matter how much I drank.

Spiffy, that must be so draining! Hope it settles back down again.

I've been super tired this week. So much to do, so little energy!

Hi :hi: sorry I havent been on in a while. Between the whole family needing me and my nesting in full swing I havent had much time to myself. Guess I should be used to it lol or get used to it

I have a question for TTC about the placenta accerta. when did they detect it?
I have made it very clear to my dr that Iam concerned about it due to the fact that I have had 2 previous c section, a dnc and my appendex removed (after DS was born) I am covered in scar tissue and I have an anterior placenta. All the warning signs that my dr should be looking for and they just dont seem to be concerned at all :( it really upsets me. Im very afraid of what is to happen during this next c section.
My ob did tell me that they go about things a little different due to the face that my placenta is anterior but still didnt seem too concerned at all. I even asked where it was exactly (high or low) and she totally ignored my question :( I just dont know what to do anymore. And since its not a common thing its hard to find someone that can offer some advice :hugs: I cant imagine what you must be going through and everything that you went through last time. I hope that your doing better :hugs:

Hi :hi: sorry I havent been on in a while. Between the whole family needing me and my nesting in full swing I havent had much time to myself. Guess I should be used to it lol or get used to it

I have a question for TTC about the placenta accerta. when did they detect it?
I have made it very clear to my dr that Iam concerned about it due to the fact that I have had 2 previous c section, a dnc and my appendex removed (after DS was born) I am covered in scar tissue and I have an anterior placenta. All the warning signs that my dr should be looking for and they just dont seem to be concerned at all :( it really upsets me. Im very afraid of what is to happen during this next c section.
My ob did tell me that they go about things a little different due to the face that my placenta is anterior but still didnt seem too concerned at all. I even asked where it was exactly (high or low) and she totally ignored my question :( I just dont know what to do anymore. And since its not a common thing its hard to find someone that can offer some advice :hugs: I cant imagine what you must be going through and everything that you went through last time. I hope that your doing better :hugs:

Hey Jess!

First thanks! I am having a better week! I actually think I may go to talk to a birth trauma counselor soon because i feel like i need to deal with some things or talk them out before next birth :) Thanks for your concern and support! (Thanks to all you ladies!!!!)

Ok so my placenta accreta was found when i hemorrhaged 3 weeks postpartum. My ob was horrible and never cared during my pregnancy or after delivery so although it can be detected before delivery mine wasn't. They found it when doing a d&c after i hemorrhaged. The d&c should have taken 30 minutes but mine took over 3 hours (thank heavens i was knocked out) because the leftover piece of placenta was stuck in my uterine wall! After surgery i hemorrhaged again which is a hallmark of accreta. There's a very high chance it will happen again this time according to my new, way better ob. She's got a plan in place though that involves a beside ultrasound right after birth and she said if anything seems off she'll do surgery immediately and place a balloon in my uterus to help prevent a hemorrhage.

You are actually at an advantage having a section! If they see signs of the placenta attaching too deep like into muscle, they definitely would do a c section anyway. My ob said a section would be recommended for me by some doctors, but new interventions show that vaginal birth can be safe with preparation. Maybe that's why your doctor isn't very concerned? They can see right away and remove the attached placenta during the section. They can also intervene quickly if they see you're bleeding from where the placenta abnormally attached. I'm sorry your doctor isn't listening :( You do have several concerning risk factors. But remember those risks don't necessarily mean it will happen to you :hugs: You can rest a little more assured knowing that they would definitely easily see a severe case (especially if it went into muscle) from ultrasound.

I can tell you, if you have a high white blood cell count, are passing baseball sized clots, and continue to feel horrible once you're home, insist they do an ultrasound to rule out missed accreta.

I hope something I've rambled here helps you :hugs: I will definitely send all my thoughts and prayers to you that you will not have this happen to you!

Ooh! Jess, one more thing. I had a lot of large placental lakes with ds. That's an indication of accreta found around 20w u/s. Did they say anything like that to you? If so, push for a closer look at your placenta before delivery!

Veronica happy 99 day countdown! Hehe! Sooooo close to third tri now! Great that your starting to get bits ready! I find it all so exciting. I've not much to sort really! Can buy some new outfits once baby is here. What names do you like so far?

Spiffy hope these contractions don't get to tough for you. Can't be easy with two lil peeps to run after. I've never had Braxton hicks only contractions so I feel pretty lucky. I've heard your third messes about for a while but when it decides to come it does so quickly. I think I'm more concerned about the after pains. I never had any with Corban by my when feeding indigo they were like contractions! Ouch! I think Asher is a lovely name.

Ttc I think talking to a birth councillor about it sounds like a great idea. Means you can talk openly about your fears and hopefully have some of them eased. Also great your dr is gonna be ready if anything happened again. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly for you. When is your next scan? How's the ms?

Jess lovely to hear from you. Have you thought anymore about names? Sorry you don't feel as though your dr is listening to you. Hope they take you seriously if your concerned.

How's everyone else?

Xxx

My SIL has had bad postpartum hemorrhaging in both of her births and is worried about this time around. Her first doctor was great (the same OB I'm using now) but of course it was unexpected that she was going to hemorrhage, and it didn't happen for like 10 hours afterwards. The second doctor didn't really take her seriously and so they didn't have any plan in place and it happened even worse. Thankfully her new OB is much better than the second and has told her that they'll be using the balloon method if they need to.

I'm sorry that you have to worry about that happening to you, Jess, and that you have to worry about it happening again, TTC. Must be so scary to think about. :hugs:

Veronicaco, happy double-digits! :flower:

M2C, how long was your labor with Indigo? With Liam it was 6 hours, so I figure if the this baby comes faster, I'll still probably be okay (20-30 minute drive to the hospital depending on traffic), unless of course it's WAY faster. My only fear with that is that I hung out at home for the first 2 hours of labor last time just trying to make sure it was actual labor after all my Irritable Uterus contractions, so hopefully if this baby does come quicker, I won't dilly-dally for too long before heading to the hospital.

Indigos labour from first contraction was 4 hours. I called my midwife unit to say I was in labour and wanted them to know I was contracting but wanted to stay at home for as long as poss as they sent me home with Corban and refused me to return as they wouldn't have it that I was fully contracting. I literally got off the phone and had a HUGE contraction so called straight back and said I need to come now! An hour after arriving she arrived! I'm hoping for another quick labour! If I do decide on a home birth a 2 hour labour would be awesome. I guess you need to just go if you feel anything is different. If labours do get quicker you don't wanna hang around. Xxx

Hi girls, very early, but thought I would join :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->