Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

So have any of you ladies heard of the baking soda gender test? (I think it's called bicarbonate of soda in the UK) Supposedly you put some in a cup and then pee on it and if it fizzes and foams up it means boy, and if nothing really happens, it means girl. I got bored and my old POAS addiction jumped at the thought of peeing on something :haha: so I did it just now and no fizzing!

So now I want to know what results the rest of you will get (especially those of you who already know the gender)! :flower:

I haven't tried it and we don't have any bicarbonate of soda, sorry!

I ate too much cake. Bleurgh.

Lol!!!! I tried earlier today and it fizzed a little. With ds it fizzed a LOT so idk...

So I'm not sure if I mentioned or not, but they gave me a video of my 20 week ultrasound. Well, just a bit ago, my DD was looking at my picture from the ultrasound, and I thought, "Hey, I should show her the video and see if she likes that at all." So I was watching it, and even though the tech didn't check for the gender until after she'd stopped recording, I totally saw it!!! :dohh:

It's definately a boy! :shock: I seriously was so convinced it was a girl! But really, there's no denying it, is there? But maybe it's for the best that I found out, because I think I was actually really excited for it to be a girl, and am feeling just a little disappointed now that I know DD won't have a sister close in age. :(

Guess I better get cracking on that boy's name...

Attachments

• WIN_20140722_163003.jpg
    WIN_20140722_163003.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 3
Oh my gosh spiffy!!!!!! It does look boy for sure!!!! Are you going to tell dh?

Congrats hon!!!!!! You made an adorable baby boy last time this little guy will be no different :)

Oh my goodness! Definitely a boy! Congrats! I'm kind of surprised the tech didn't catch that she had that on the video. Are you upset she had that on there? Are you doing something fun to tell the hubby?

Congrats spiffy! Definitely looks like a boy.
Probably a silly question but is there any chance it could be the cord?

I don't think it's the cord, because it got flashed a few times and it never looked connected to anything else. As for telling DH, I'll give him the option to stay team yellow if he still wants to, but I'm sure he'll want to know if I know.

I guess I didn't realize how attached I had gotten to the idea of another little girl, because all of the sudden this evening, I just broke down and cried for almost an hour. I literally feel like I'm mourning the little girl I'm not going to have. I was so in love with the name Eden, and I just pictured DD having a little sister, which I never had, and it all seemed so perfect. I feel horrible for saying this, but right now, I just feel like I have absolutely no bond with this little boy, and still want my girl so badly.

I'm now extremely glad that I found out, and didn't have this reaction at the birth. I would feel even worse. :cry:

Oh Spiffy!!!! I'm so sorry! Those are totally normal feelings and do not mean you love this baby any less or have any less of a bond. It's just a shock to think one thing for so long and find out something different.

You know, it's hard to tell a lot of times whether you're seeing what you think on a scan. I'm almost thinking you should verify with your ob that it's really NOT the cord....

Well, I'll be able to verify at my 32 week growth scan, but I'm pretty sure that's little boy parts, I'm seeing.

I told my DH tonight, and he surprised me by saying, "I actually feel kind of disappointed." It was sort of nice to not be the only one that felt that way. But after talking through my emotions and getting it all out, I feel a little better. Plus, we came up with a name that we both like, so for now he has a name, and that definitely helps. So our name for the time being is Asher. I've liked it for quite a while, but I've seen how it's moving up popularity lists, and so I had put it aside, but DH and I both decided that if we really like a name, we shouldn't let that deter us. :flower:

That's great!!!! I'm glad you don't feel alone and that your dh was understanding :hugs:

I actually love the name Asher :) It goes really well with Alia and Liam too!!!

I bet in a few days you'll be very excited for your little guy :) Don't feel bad or pressure yourself if you feel disappointed. Most of it is hormones I'm sure and you're such a sweet person and a fantastic mom.

Hugs!!!!

Oh my goodness! That certainly looks like a little boy! At least you can double check at your growth scan. There's nothing wrong with being upset.... I think you kinda plan round these thoughts. At least you can name him and bond with him. Asher is a great name and goes lovely with your bubbas names.

No baking soda here but I'll try get some in the weekly shop!

Xxx

Congratulations Spiffy! We saw that view at my USS several times before they formally checked for gender and I definitely didn't see anything that looked like boy parts. I was looking as well! Sorry you're disappointed, though I think that's a completely understandable reaction. You had got used to the idea of a girl, so it's natural to take some time to readjust to to the idea of a boy.

image.jpg

Vday bumpy! Thrown up breakfast this morning which hasn't happened in weeks! Feeling awful and a bit sad! Xx

Aww Spiffy! I saw your post in 2nd Tri so I had to pop in here... :hugs: I think I am more disappointed for you that the potty shot was in the video! Either the tech didn't think about it, or probably thought our untrained eye wouldnt pick that up....little do they know how much time we spend on google analyzing ultrasound pics from 10 weeks on! :haha:

I'm very excited for you to be team BLUE with me!! And I'm not sure if you remember, or if I mentioned it here, but I CRIED...straight up bawled my eyes out when I found out our baby was a boy. :nope: I had my heart set on another baby girl and my DD to have a sister. I even already had matching sister outfits! Our DTD timing was perfect for a girl and the biologist in me is still trying to figure out how we ended up with a boy! :shrug: But now, 3 months later I am so happy this baby is a boy. My older kids are from my previous marriage so I excited that my new DH will have a son and a daughter. My DD is a D-I-V-A, and now I can continue spoiling her without having to worry about having to buy 2 of everything (Ex: When we go to Disney World's Bibbity Bobbity Bootique). I have my princess and DH has his little golfer. I really couldn't be happier and I never would have thought I would feel this way a few months ago! It's ok to morn for what you could have had for your DD, but your son is going to love having a litle brother. My older boys are less than 2 years apart and it was perfect growing up!

And I love the name Asher. It fits very nicely with your other children's names!

Thanks, VJean. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who has felt this way. I'm also glad to know that you're feeling so much better about having a boy. I think it was the best thing that could have happened for me to find out right now, because now I have another 3-4 months to fall in love with this boy before he's born, and not just be in shock in the delivery room, fully expecting a girl.

So sorry you're still dealing with sickness, M2C, but totally cute bump! I'll have to take one tomorrow. And happy V-day!

And as for the baking soda test, I think I proved yesterday how unreliable that is! :dohh:

Well, I feel much better this morning about everything. And it's funny, because I actually did have a dream a few weeks ago that I had Alia, Liam, and another little boy that looked kind of like Liam, and in the dream I realized that he must be my third child. But of course I just brushed it off as a crazy pregnancy dream. So I guess my body was trying to warn me! :winkwink:

Well, I have my OB appointment this afternoon. Please send my kids good, well-behaved vibes, since their office is always backed up in the afternoon and sometimes you feel like you're waiting forever!

Happy VDay m2c!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Love your little bump! So sorry you're sick again today :(

So it's kind of funny, this morning I've been feeling the strongest kicks from him that I've ever felt, and I could actually feel his little foot with my hand. It's like he's having a party in there, saying, "Yay! They don't think I'm a girl anymore!" :haha:

Oh Spiffy I cant believe that you found out gender that way :( In a way it must be disappointing but I can see how it turned out for the best, given the feelings that you and DH both have/had. I love the name that you guys picked! Do you have a middle name to go with it yet?

Speaking of ultrasounds, I had one yesterday. Totally unexpected!
The Dr was having a hard time finding LO heartbeat and was just like "how about we just send you down for a quick ultrasound!" And of course I didnt argue that lol
Everything is good with baby and while the tech was scanning I asked her to double check gender, due to the uncertainty from the last scan. We are most def having a girl!!
I feel so much better knowing for sure. Now I feel like I can plan and really start to get ready for LO!
Although I was a bit disappointed, because I was certain that the last tech was wrong, I am happy that we are having a girl! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->