Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

M2c!!!! Double digits!!!! Amazing Hon! So happy for you! I'm glad to hear reducing meal size works for you! I think I'm doing a bit better. Still very nauseous but not throwing up every single day :) I still rely on the zofran far more than I'd like to but normally only take 4mg a day now instead of 8-12mg :)

Veronica, thanks for the suggestion :) Definitely going to pick up a probiotic! Congrats on 26 weeks!

Canga, I hope they let you book your bloods soon! Do you test for diabetes at 28 weeks in UK?

Spiffy, i totally understand avoiding a lecture! I think your plan sounds good :)

Zephyr!!!! You're almost there!!!! Oh my goodness! Do you think you'll go early? I didn't realize how a birth pool works either until you just explained! (Embarrassed :) ) I thought it would be like a jacuzzi and stay warm. It would really bug me to have cold water in labor! I'm going to try some kiwi too! Thank you!

TTC, I totally forgot to congratulate you on hitting second tri! It seems like just yesterday that you got your BFP. :flower:

Well, I'm in even more dilemma now ladies. I've had occasional pressure and crampiness today, but nothing that couldn't be chalked up to carrying a toddler, but now it's a constant dull achiness in my lower back. :( I feel like the smart thing to do would be call my OB's office, but here's the problem: it's after hours, so I'm almost positive that they would tell me to go to L&D to be checked out, and we just can't afford a $500+ hospital bill right now for no reason (we have a high deductable for our insurance plan, so we pay full price right now, and from my experience of going in at 29 weeks with DS, I know it will be at least $500, but probably more. :(). So now I'm going back and forth wondering do I call and most likely be asked to go in, or not call and wait this out and see if it just goes away?

Spiffy, when that happened with ds this is what they told me. Take 2 regular strength Tylenol and drink a liter of water. Lay down on your left side and see if you feel better in an hour. If you don't, then it's a real concern and you should go in!

Seriously that stopped some of my worse cycles of iu contractions but the one time it didn't work it was very concerning and took shots of terbutyline to stop!

Thanks, TTC. I just took a warm shower and am now waiting to see if it's any better. If not, I'll take the Tylenol, drink some water, and go lay down. I'm glad you have a solution for me to try, because when I was getting contractions with lower back ache with DS, they just told me, "We can't diagnose you over the phone. You'll have to come in." which is why I've been hesitating to call this time, since I'm sure I'd get the same response.

Aww!!! I hate that! Especially when a hospital trip is so expensive!!!!

Last time my stupid Dr kept putting some assistant (seriously not even a nurse) on the phone and she was like "try Tylenol etc then call back if it's not working." So i called back "oh drink more water. You're 25 weeks this isn't labor." Next time i called, "you need to just empty your bladder and stop worrying." So finally I called back and said I'm coming in and I'll see whoever can see me. This is not getting better. I started calling that day at 8am, finally went in at 3:45pm. So frustrating. I got sent to the hospital from the office, but was grateful they were actually DOING something finally.

I hope they settle down. I am just worried with your cervix and everything... :(

Spiffy how are things today?

Ttc nausea sucks but at least your not throwing up as much!

Xxx

I'm feeling better today, so far (I just woke up 30 minutes ago). After the shower I seemed to feel better for a while, and then the back ache came back, so I took TTC's advice and drank some water, took two Tylenol, and went to bed, and it must have improved, because I didn't have any problem sleeping. However, today I won't hesitate to call my OB if anything starts up, since it's no longer after-hours. :flower:

Good to hear you had a good nights sleep. Defo call if your concerned today xx

Spiffy, so glad you're ok today! And glad the trick helped! It really is a great way to figure out if it's a real concern or just a bad bout of IU.

Cute bump, M2C! I'll have to take one tomorrow as well. :flower:

Thanks, TTC. However, I'm now starting to feel a little achy again, so I guess I'll be calling my OB's office once DS goes down for his nap (since talking on the phone with both kids harassing me is a nightmare :dohh:)

Aww sorry to hear that! I wonder if they could prescribe you some nifedipine? Keep us updated!

Yeah, they prescribed me Nifedipine in my last pregnancy, but I never ended up taking it, because the contractions always calmed down before they got too worrying. But this dull back ache is different than the endless contractions from last time, so I'm not sure what they'll tell me. I kind of hope my OB will have me come in a get my cervix checked, because I want a professional to tell me whether it's okay or not. (By the way, I gave it a quick check this morning and it was up high again, so it must move up and down at this stage depending on baby's position.) But the softness and the feeling of slight dilation are what concern me.

Thanks ladies!

Spiffy trying to talk on the phone with littlies about is a nightmare! It's something I try avoid! Hehe xx

Well, I called and now I feel like it was a total waste of time. It was the same nurse that always makes me feel stupid for asking questions. She just said it was a normal part of pregnancy and to try Tylenol and alternating hot and cold on my back. I told her I already tried and warm shower and Tylenol last night, and she just said, "Well, I don't know what else to tell you." I pushed a little harder though, and she finally asked if I wanted her to ask my doctor about it, and I said yes. I don't like this nurse very much. She did one of my appointments with my DS last time, and freaked me out because she measured my fundal height wrong! :growlmad:

Spiffy she sounds horrible!!!! If you don't hear back soon, make sure you call in case she doesn't really ask your dr. I'm worried for you :( I am sure it's not an emergency, but the low ache is so concerning :(

TTC, she just called back and apparently my doctor is concerened that maybe it could be some back labor (which was my entire concern to begin with) so she may try to slot me in for a quick check up this afternoon.

And THIS is why I trust my doctor and not the obnoxious nurse. Because my doctor is a "better safe than sorry" sort of person, and this is more the response I expected.

Glad you are getting the attention you deserve Spiffy. Why are there always these egomaniac nurses/receptionists making us feel stupid? The receptionists at my gp surgery are like little hitlers, it always seems like the last thing they want to do is help you.
Keep us updated x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"