Breastfeeding Support - 6 months and beyond!

Just thought I'd pop back in here. We've reached our 2 1/2 year bf milestone recently :)

WOW.. that is just GREAT to hear. Congrats.. :yipee:

We are almost at 10 months.. and I keep getting fearful that LO is going to self-wean, but then he will suddenly want BF all the time again :shrug:

How often are you BF now?

Oh congratulations! You've just made me realise it's ours tomorrow!

Can I just ask is your lo showing any signs of weaning? Evie is very very attached and I know if I took the decision to wean her she would be inconsolable. I don't know how I'd get her to sleep at night! X

Just thought I'd pop back in here. We've reached our 2 1/2 year bf milestone recently :)

Hello this thread has gotten rather dusty!!

How is everyone?

I'm after some weanig advice.

My nipples are so sore and id really like Evie to stop BF very soon.

I've read online about putting lemon on my boobs but that sounds way too harsh and rather cruel so I was wondering if you think plasters would work? I could put a plaster over my nipples and say they are poorly.. Which they are. Do you think this could work? :shrug:

It's certainly a much nicer way than lemon (I've even heard vinegar! Yuck!).

I would give it a go, she's at the age that she can understand!

It's certainly a much nicer way than lemon (I've even heard vinegar! Yuck!).

I would give it a go, she's at the age that she can understand!

She is quite into being 'nurse Evie' and putting bandages on her toys so hopefully this will be something she can understand. She has such a lazy latch that im having to use nipple balm again lol

I also read that people have put spicy sauces on too!!!!

Yea hot sauce of fish sauce.. Ugh..

Maybe help her look after you if that's something that would help her? Or would she instantly want to nurse when she sees boobies?

I like the idea of saying your nipples are not well, but ouch at the thought of taking plasters off nipples!

I like the idea of saying your nipples are not well, but ouch at the thought of taking plasters off nipples!

Ha ha, I'll be very careful to try not to put the sticky part on my nips!

I'm still here a week away from 2years. I'm hoping Zack starts to cut down soon as he still feeds quite a lot especially through the night. But the past week with gentle encouragement he is cutting down his feeds slowly.

Hi everyone, I've not been on b and b for a while!

Miss bump we went down the poorly boob/plaster route a couple of months back to see how Evie reacted, I started off with 1 poorly boob and she was fine as she still had the other, although I never quite got to 2 poorly boobs as I was afraid I wouldn't be able to stick at it when the going got tough, however with that method I reduced Evie down to 1 boob and alternated the plaster each night so I didn't get a huge build up on one side.

After a couple of weeks of this I then let her nurse for 5 mins or so on the one side then said when mummy counts to ten the boobies need to go to sleep, again she took really well to this but decided she wanted to hold it :shrug:

Weve just got back off holiday and whilst away she was so tired by bedtime that a couple of nights she went to sleep with daddy holding her whilst i was getting ready for bed (never been known!)

This made my mind up that she is no longer fully dependent on boobs to sleep and can be consoled in other ways.

We've done the one side/counting to 10 method for about a month now and have weaned to 1 quick night feed. The past few weeks I've asked Evie if she would like to have a scooter in place of having boobs, she was all for it in the day until it got to bedtime when she begged for boobies (although again I counted to 10 after 5 mins or so and she got comfy (holding my boob!) and went to sleep.

Rambling here but today I bought her a scooter, she was dead excited so I just said shall we not have boobies anymore now and she said no (this was in the daytime) fast forward to bedtime and she asked for boobies so I said oh we've got your scooter now so you won't need them (had no intention of stopping her if he got really upset), much to my amazement she was fine with it, held it as usual (will have to tackle this at another time!) and went to sleep with me tickling her face. I was absolutely shocked!

Don't know if it's a 1 off or how I really feel so will see how we get on tomorrow.

I think we are both at a point where we would be ok with stopping but I always thought she would self wean without intervention, I just hope she doesn't get upset over it when I try the same tomorrow!

Hi everyone, I've not been on b and b for a while!

Miss bump we went down the poorly boob/plaster route a couple of months back to see how Evie reacted, I started off with 1 poorly boob and she was fine as she still had the other, although I never quite got to 2 poorly boobs as I was afraid I wouldn't be able to stick at it when the going got tough, however with that method I reduced Evie down to 1 boob and alternated the plaster each night so I didn't get a huge build up on one side.

After a couple of weeks of this I then let her nurse for 5 mins or so on the one side then said when mummy counts to ten the boobies need to go to sleep, again she took really well to this but decided she wanted to hold it :shrug:

Weve just got back off holiday and whilst away she was so tired by bedtime that a couple of nights she went to sleep with daddy holding her whilst i was getting ready for bed (never been known!)

This made my mind up that she is no longer fully dependent on boobs to sleep and can be consoled in other ways.

We've done the one side/counting to 10 method for about a month now and have weaned to 1 quick night feed. The past few weeks I've asked Evie if she would like to have a scooter in place of having boobs, she was all for it in the day until it got to bedtime when she begged for boobies (although again I counted to 10 after 5 mins or so and she got comfy (holding my boob!) and went to sleep.

Rambling here but today I bought her a scooter, she was dead excited so I just said shall we not have boobies anymore now and she said no (this was in the daytime) fast forward to bedtime and she asked for boobies so I said oh we've got your scooter now so you won't need them (had no intention of stopping her if he got really upset), much to my amazement she was fine with it, held it as usual (will have to tackle this at another time!) and went to sleep with me tickling her face. I was absolutely shocked!

Don't know if it's a 1 off or how I really feel so will see how we get on tomorrow.

I think we are both at a point where we would be ok with stopping but I always thought she would self wean without intervention, I just hope she doesn't get upset over it when I try the same tomorrow!

Aww bless her hope she has been ok :)

I no longer breastfeed now. Evie actually took to poorly milk really well an we havnt looked back!

I didn't even get engorged and my boob feel fine altho looked quite deflated :cry:

Evie is fine, is happy to sleep with just cuddles and doesn't even ask for mummy milk. Sometimes she will ask to see the poorly milk and that's it!

I'm sad it's over but we were both ready at 30 months

I'm glad it went smoothly for Evie and you, great news and well done for making it to 30 months!

Cora is one today so that is another year of breastfeeding under my belt :happydance:

:wave: Hello!!! I'm still around....but so busy and so exhausted. 10 months and counting with Caroline :happydance:

Hello all.. hope everyone is doing well.

My little man is getting his first set of molars.. :dohh: and is back to feeding approx. 4 times a night :cry:.. I am SO SO tired..
have been seriously thinking of night weaning, but don't want to do that to him while he is teething so seriously.
Also, we are heading to Canada for 6 months, a major trip plus lots of changes and new people etc.. so I understand that he may need it for the comfort then as well.
I don't want to wean him completely... he is loveing the booby right now :haha:
BUT I will also be starting work in Canada too, so will need the sleep. :shrug:
Any thoughts? Ideas?

I just have to remember that this doesn't last forever and it is over so soon.

Oh I didn't know this group existed! We're at 9 months of BFing and going strong.. He's such a boobie monster! :thumbup:

:hi: Just hit our 6 month milestone, so nice to be back here again!!!

I didn't know this group existed either! I've been breastfeeding for 7 months and still going strong! Whenever I tell people that, they're always like 'I assume she's on solids now though too?!' Welllll, not really, no! She refuses a spoon and gets so upset if I try to spoon feed her. We are doing a bit of BLW but she eats hardly anything, most of it is thrown on the floor!

Hello everyone who is new!

Bevz, my daughter Evie didn't actually properly eat until about 11/12 months! We done BLW and she really took to eating well at about 14 months and now so just hovers up anything and everything lol

Dont worry too much. As long as she is getting milk then that's ok :)

Thanks, that's good to know :) Family keep pressuring me to make sure she's eating enough solids and now this has rubbed off on my husband. They say the reason she's started waking 3 times a night since 4 months is because she needs solids. But personally I think she is getting enough milk to cover it all, she's obsessed with breastfeeding bless her! :laugh2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->